LS1GTO Forums banner

White GTO

8K views 79 replies 55 participants last post by  EDZGTO 
#1 ·
I just purchased my GTO and it needed some light body work and paint so I decided to paint it white I will post pics up in the next couple days it is getting painted today would like your opinions all are welcomed

#38 ·
Wait a second.

So you just had the entire car painted white for $1600 including paint?! Even the fact that you paid wholesale for the paint, how in the world does this only come out to $1600?

#47 ·
Looks great. Only difference I would've entertained is perhaps making the side mirrors black. Looks great though.

Shot out to Hesperia as well, I used to live there. It was probably a much smaller town then though.

#54 ·
I love the white too, I've always loved white on cars, its just a bitch to keep clean lol. Not sure I care too much for the black roof. It doesn't look bad, just wouldn't have been my choice. Paint job looks good.

#56 ·
Thanks everyone... I was going to pic up some slp g8 wheels but I was reading and saw that I would have to drill out the hub on the wheel? I don't think I wanna do that

Yes I ordered them on eBay and after a month of waiting I just received them lol

#57 ·
Looks really good!

#58 ·
Looks great! I'd talk to your friend and see if maybe he can paint those mirrors for you.

#59 · (Edited)
Before taking the leap on getting the side mirrors painted, try plastidipping them in black that way you can see if you like them. I wouldn't commit to painting them or even buying another set unless you are sure. I dipped my side mirrors black as a temp solution and I like them.

#60 ·
I like it. Lots!!

#63 ·
I like it. I usually hate white cars, always has been one of my least favorite car colors. Your car came out great though! Id paint the hood scoops black and pick up a front splitter and it will be perfect.

#66 ·
Been following since you started this thread. Looks really great. Makes me want to paint mine. I'm buying the brushes tomorrow. (jk) Does look great tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.