LS1GTO Forums banner

05/06 gto mp112 to 04 gto

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  The Mighty Pony Goat 
#1 · (Edited)
So I'm mid-process in converting a 2006 gto mp112 kit to fit my 2004. I would just like to share what I had to change in order to get it to work. I couldn't find a concentric thread that detailed everything so I decided to make my own. I will post pics when I get my hands on my g/f's camera haha. :picsnao:

Here's what I've done so far:

1). I needed to swap out the ls2 snout on the mp112 to an ls1 snout, I torqued the 4 bolts to 25 ft/lbs. It is necessary to use a metric crescent wrench on the 2 bottom bolts if you don't feel like taking the jack shaft and fuel rails off. The old snout will still be attached fairly well. So it is a good idea to put some towels or T shirts on the snout and tap it with a mallet to "gently" knock it off. (Don't forget a tb gasket)

2). The injectors, as far as I can tell, have ford ev1 to ev2 connector adapters for the ls2 injectors, to work on the ls1 all I had to do was pop them off with a flathead screwdriver.

3). The cable driven throttle body on a 2004 needs a bracket mounted to the side of the mp112 to hold the throttle cable. I torqued the 2 bolts to 25 ft/lbs. The bolts that fit were m8x1.25x12mm. I had to remove the jackshaft to get to these bolts :\

4). The valley plate is totally different on an ls1 gto, so I had to order a 2004 gto specific one from magnacharger. This plate has the mounts for the knock sensors and no vacuum line connector. *MAKE SURE you get the assembly instead of the just the plate. The assembly comes with the O rings and some very hard to find hex screws (lucky I got the assembly!). They are flathead torx screws, measurement is m8x1.25x25mm, there are 10 of them.

5). The metallic coolant crossover line between the heads was different. I had to order one from magnacharger. Not worth 200 bones imho, but what can ya do?

I will continue to add more and post pictures as I progress.

See less See more
#2 ·
You've got just about all of it at this point. I've never done a conversion swap but I've installed more than I can count.

#3 · (Edited)
6). The coolant lines have to be routed the same as they are on a 2005/06 gto instead of the wrap around style of the 04. They both exit the same side of the splash guard instead. I'm not 100% on why they changed this. Whatever, makes my life easier haha.

*7). As a side note instead of the stupid fuse-tap that comes with the kit I went to my local autoparts store and bought a fuse-plug adapter that looks quite a bit cleaner for $3. It is now plug n play if I ever decide to install it on another car (unlikely :p ).

#7 ·
There shouldn't be much of a power difference if one at all. In fact it should be almost identical to one manufactured with the ls1 in mind. With the ls2 stock 2.8 in pulley I'll pick up a few horses over the standard mp112 2.9 pulley for the ls1. Since the same amount of air into smaller displacement causes (you guessed it :p) more boost!

#8 ·
This should be about 1/2 to 1 pound of extra boost than the stock pulley.

#10 ·
:mswerd: Sometimes I forget the 04s have a 78MM TB. Just doing the 90MM TB is a easy 15rwhp.

#12 ·
So I ran into some weirdness with the power steering overflow reservoir bracket. I had to do some creative bending to get it out of the way in order to mount the supercharger. I also had to bend the evap purge solenoid connector (the metallic one on the firewall) way out of the way of the rear fuel rail on the supercharger to get it to fit.

#13 ·
So I completely derfed and did not realize the positive terminal connector on the coolant pump needed a 15 amp fuse haha. It took me several days to figure out what was wrong. I'm getting it tuned this week. I also started it and immediately fouled 2 of the plugs the other day.

#14 ·
I got the car tuned today. I'm running out of fuel pressure above 5000 rpm even with my deutchwerks 265lph. (I have siemens 60# injectors) I'm going to install the magnavolt I have from the 06 installation to see if I can get the pressure back up. It is an absolute blast to drive. BEWARE! all 350z owners haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.