LS1GTO Forums banner

Catch Can Warning

2K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  CrAzYGOAT 
#1 ·
In an accident the battery will shift back and hit your jbiz catchcan and make your passenger side head very unhappy.

#2 · (Edited)
And you offer this special advise because of why? If the battery moves back that far I would say the car will have lots of problems including the wire harness that is routed under the battery. The Rod Davis radiator is going to feel the hit too.

#3 ·
Radiator survives to see another day.

#6 · (Edited)
Sorry for your trouble. A lot of guys moved the battery to the trunk for other reasons. I guess the main point is not with run into anything with the car and you don't have to worry.

#9 ·
#7 ·
:rolleyes:

#10 ·
Sorry for your lose Miker.

#12 ·

#15 ·
#17 ·
Yup. Grills, etc are ok.

New cover tho.

#18 ·
Did they total it or are you bypassing insurance?

Looks like a pretty good hit. Can you take a picture of the Catch Can to Head damage?

#20 ·
I wouldn't really call that a design flaw.

By that logic, you should be mad at the headlight for pushing your battery.

#21 ·
Damn I hate that, not that many SC Goats as is. Hope you get it back on the road.

#22 ·
Good thing he didn't have a cup of hot coffee, or we'd have a whole different thread title.

#23 ·
Yeah I don't really understand the point of this thread.

Car's shouldn't have windshields because if you crash your head could go into one. Without a windshield your head would be fine.

brah?

#24 ·
I'm just saying a weaker mount, or different location seems like a smart idea.

#26 ·
Mikers crash was an extreme offset crash plus the car in front of him was braking heavily causing their bumper to rise up and Mikers front end was down due to his braking. The car in front's bumper completely missed Mikers bumper bar and the impact drove his headlight back over a foot, partially dintegrating it. The battery was next to be hit, then the catch can, then the valve cover. The upper radiator crossmember is smurfed as well.
Car looks repairable every panel except the left front fender and hood is perfect.

#27 ·
Car isn't totaled.

#29 ·
This is good news man, glad to hear it. So when you see olde guys like me on your next volunteer driving instruction blitz, running "Two Seconds" at speed behind the car up front, you know why.

Yes, assholes will take up that space in traffic, so you just back off and run two seconds behind them.

Memo: This does not apply when tailgating Napalm's G8 on the Dragon, because you can trust him not to be a tard and slam on the brakes.

#31 ·
wouldn't that pool the oil in the (what would seem) tremendously long lines to mount it that far?
unless the lines are downhill i guess?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.