LS1GTO Forums banner

Offutt/Omaha Area Goats

266K views 5K replies 79 participants last post by  mrjabonls206 
#1 ·
Please post...I would like to know how many Offutt goat owners there are. I have seen a grey, black, and a yellow goats on base but haven't met the folks.

#29 ·
dozlert said:
Bring your own wideband sensor?
Never mind he has his own. Maybe we can set-up a tune day with him. He road tunes and/or dyno tunes(Dyno tunes at your expense)

#30 ·
Pontiac Schtuff Rules!

Hey All, I am on the road TDY right now -- Ops Supt over at the 97 IS (when I am home). I have a 2004 GTO with a bunch o' mods (formerly Jim Wanger's GTO -- of Pontiac fame). I also have a 2002 TA -- had to get the last one just in case they never make 'em again. I know there is another 2002 Collector's TA around base (with side stripes deleted) but I am the only one with a gawdy Red Goat that has decals all over it advertising JBA Performance Exaust Co. and the various mods on the car (see it at http://www.jbagto.com). See ya guys around the Offutt "campus" whenst I get paroled from this TDY.

#365 ·
Hey All, I am on the road TDY right now -- Ops Supt over at the 97 IS (when I am home). I have a 2004 GTO with a bunch o' mods (formerly Jim Wanger's GTO -- of Pontiac fame). I also have a 2002 TA -- had to get the last one just in case they never make 'em again. I know there is another 2002 Collector's TA around base (with side stripes deleted) but I am the only one with a gawdy Red Goat that has decals all over it advertising JBA Performance Exaust Co. and the various mods on the car (see it at http://www.jbagto.com). See ya guys around the Offutt "campus" whenst I get paroled from this TDY.
Wassup CHIEF! Lloyd checkin in here. How's retirement treatin ya? I'm back in town now. Back from playin in the sand box...AGAIN!

What is up HuskerGTO! Got my LT's on and am in bad need of a tune! Looking at getting a CAM before so. Possibly before the tune so I don't waste money again having it re-tuned. Going mild to keep it streetable. Making the jump around the 15th of this month of MAY. Spending all of my time educating myself to get the best CAM so I don't regret my purchase. Problem is installing it and getting it to run for the drive to Lincoln for the tune.

Anyone have a flatbed? ;)

#31 ·
LAST_TA said:
So did you win the JBA GTO????

#33 ·
I am down to meet up with all of you and we should set something up! How about Friday or Saturday (28/29 July)?

Funny thing is I never even noticed GTO's when I was rolling my F-Body and Lightning, but now that I own one I see the damn things all over the place! We should have a decent showing and maybe enough to start are own contingent of the local Pontiac Club. REPRESNT!

Has anyone considered an F-Body/GTO (V6/LS1/LS2/LS6/LS7) Club (maybe add Mustangs to get attendence up) for OFFUTT? I am willing to front this effort if we get some intrest (Flyers/Coordination/ETC). Seems to me it would be fun to get together and maybe we could do some fund raising for the DAV / VFW or maybe the Auto Hobby Shop for starters. Just some ideas I have been beating around in the old dome!

#35 ·
OK, so what about a meeting this weekend (Fri/Sat) to discuss possibilities and details! I have no doubt we can get backing... Hell it might be worth it to print 40 or 50 fliers and place them on cars on base as we see them. I am also most positive as long as you are not selling something you can place fliers to gain intrest! I can call PA and ask the question.

#36 ·
Lets start slow and meet up. At MAM this weekend they are have a Swap Meet and stuff lets meet and go there????

#38 · (Edited)
Looks like this attempt bombed... I am going to Americruise tonight, so some of you should try to make it out...

Here is the NE Street Scene Link:

http://www.nestreetscene.com/viewtopic.php?t=18085&start=20

We are all meeting at the Nebraska Crossing Outlet Mall in Gretna (Exit 432) at 19:30 (7:30.p.m.) to head out to Lincoln. Be there or be sqaure.

See ya,
Chris

--- I also saw the JBA Goat at the wing head quarters on Offutt this week! I left my name, duty, and home numbers, but haven't heard anything back! :)

#39 ·
JBA Goat Checkin' In

Chris (HWFSTRU) -- got your note but been swamped. Just got back from TDY and tryin' to play catch up. The day you saw the JBA Goat, she took on a few rain drops. I need to give her a bath. Just threw on some new tail lights -- look sweet. I'll see you guys around hopefully soon. Just ran into Taz today at Menard's and he helped me with the front plate mod (since one of the 3 times I had the car out the NE Cops handed me a $69 ticket for missing front plate). I hope to get her into work this next Friday if the weather is nice.

Steve

#40 ·
I won it (with money)

Mexirican007 said:
So did you win the JBA GTO????
Mexirican007 -- I guess I kinda won it since there were several others who wanted it. I told the owner I would keep the decals on it for a year -- he gave me a nice little discount and put me at the top of the prospective buyers list. Now it sits nice and comfy next to my 2002 Collector's TA in the garage :gears:

#41 ·
Damn it...we do need to get together! I would like to check your guys' cars out. I also have a friend in the Omaha area who has a SLP header and a body kit. Maybe we need to Bar-B-Q at the Bellevue Park off Cornhusker...hmmm.

#42 ·
I agree, but when do we want to get together? I am going to head out to Rush; weekly cars show behind Flashbacks on 84th next to Manglesons just south of 120th tomarrow night. You guys should come out... it it typically pretty packed and you need to get there by about 18:00 - 18:30 to find a place to park. Let me know if you are going to show and maybe we can meet up and cruise in together. Give a call (402) 943-9155.

L8R,
Chris

#43 ·
Come check out the 1st Annual Pontiac Challenge Drag Event on August 26th, 2006 at Rolling Thunder Drag Strip in Pacific Junction, Iowa. Just off I-29 at the Glenwood exit. Come see Kauffman Racing with their 6.90's 1/4 mile Pro Mod Firebird. Also see High Performance Pontiac magazine doing their photo shoot. Stay for the largest Pontiac show in the US on Sunday August 27th, 2006. See the club web site at www.geocities.com/poay2k/POA.html. Or see the drag strip at www.midamericamotorplex.com. Click on the drag strip icon, and click on Special Events. Feel free to contact Shawn Kniesly at (402)-706-6750, or Joe Dyrda at (402)-679-1781.

#44 ·
Lemonster 455 appreciate the info brother! I work shifts so I can't plan quite that far out yet, but believe me if I am off I will be there! Question... Are you the dude I ran into at Flashbacks that gave the the flier for this a couple of weeks ago?

Whats up with all you other Omaha/Bellevue/Offutt goats? I saw someone post earlier about holding off on a club and just starting slow by meeting up first, so maybe a Hooters Event where we can all get together and have some Wings and Beer? Just an idea, but I am interested in other options or opinions! :)

#45 ·
Hey guys, I'm definitely down with a GTG, but we are in the process of buying a house and moving so that's pretty much taking up all my time right now. But if we all want to meet at Hooters or BW3s, I'll try and find the time. I wanted to try and set something up, but I just can't right now.

#46 ·
I should have my schedule for the month tomarrow, so I will try to post something up we can plan against.

Chris

#47 ·
Lets get together before I trade in the Goat.....Last TA I would keep the decals and stuff on there. You have to take me along for a ride.

#48 ·
HWFSTRU said:
Lemonster 455 appreciate the info brother! I work shifts so I can't plan quite that far out yet, but believe me if I am off I will be there! Question... Are you the dude I ran into at Flashbacks that gave the the flier for this a couple of weeks ago?

Whats up with all you other Omaha/Bellevue/Offutt goats? I saw someone post earlier about holding off on a club and just starting slow by meeting up first, so maybe a Hooters Event where we can all get together and have some Wings and Beer? Just an idea, but I am interested in other options or opinions! :)
HWFSTRU, Well I hope you and the others can make it too! It will be an awesome event! We are really excited about this years 1st Annual Pontiac Challenge Drag Event! As for me being the "dude" that ran into you at FLASHBACKS a couple weeks back, it is very possible. We also have club members that frequent FLASHBACKS alot too. I am 6'3", short blonde hair, kind of a big guy...then that was me. I am the POA club president, and the Drag Race Organizer for this event. I was going to go to FB tonight, but had alot of things to do to get my drag car ready for display on the 26th. I have met a few of the LS1/LS2 GTO forum guys at last years show, a real neat bunch of people! They got a blurp in the 2006 High Performance Pontiac Magazine-August issue. See link: http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/events/hppp_0607_2005_pontiac_gmc_oakland/
Thanks to David K. for getting me that link again!
We have a meeting this Friday night at the Nebraska Crossings Outlet Mall, where we hold our show. We will be in the ATRIUM area at 7, with the meeting starting at 7:30. If you or anyone would like to check it out, by all means come on out!:gears: :gears:

#50 · (Edited)
OK, well I was contacted via phone last night from a few of the Offutt Club guys that would like to do something tomarrow night... do we have any cruise intrest from this board? If so respond to this post or shoot me a pm and I will see if I can get this thing going!

EDIT: Here is the link to the NE Street Racing Site where I am trying to get this thing going:

http://www.nestreetscene.com/viewtopic.php?t=18507

For those that cannot login here is the verbiage:

OK, so I know only a few members know me and therefore this may fall on deaf ears, but I would like to get a cruise going for tomarrow night (weather looks good). I would like to get some people (hopefully a lot of people together) in the Manglesons parking lot on 84th just south of Center (by Flashbacks) for a cruise tomarrow night. Looking to meet up at about 7p.m. hang out for a little bit and then head out for a ride around town. I will make up some cruise maps if more than a few people respond.

I have had an Offutt thread going for a little while now and people have been hitting me up via pm with a great deal of enthusiasm and I have had some healthy intrest from the GTO board as well, so I am hoping for a good turn out.

Thanks

Chris

Chris

#51 ·
HWFSTRU said:
OK, well I was contacted via phone last night from a few of the Offutt Club guys that would like to do something tomarrow night... do we have any cruise intrest from this board? If so respond to this post or shoot me a pm and I will see if I can get this thing going!

EDIT: Here is the link to the NE Street Racing Site where I am trying to get this thing going:

http://www.nestreetscene.com/viewtopic.php?t=18507

For those that cannot login here is the verbiage:

OK, so I know only a few members know me and therefore this may fall on deaf ears, but I would like to get a cruise going for tomarrow night (weather looks good). I would like to get some people (hopefully a lot of people together) in the Manglesons parking lot on 84th just south of Center (by Flashbacks) for a cruise tomarrow night. Looking to meet up at about 7p.m. hang out for a little bit and then head out for a ride around town. I will make up some cruise maps if more than a few people respond.

I have had an Offutt thread going for a little while now and people have been hitting me up via pm with a great deal of enthusiasm and I have had some healthy intrest from the GTO board as well, so I am hoping for a good turn out.

Thanks

Chris

Chris
Give me a call, so maybe you guys can cruise out to the Nebraska Crossings Outlet Mall for the POA members to see the LS1/LS2 GTO guys. Would love to have you cruise out there! Call me at (402)-706-6750 to get more details!
:gears: :gears:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.