LS1GTO Forums banner

New Body Kit - in progress...

50K views 366 replies 128 participants last post by  markpetersonii 
#1 ·
A Company near me has asked if they could borrow my GTO to build a new body kit for the GTO. I have been talking with the owner and have pretty much agreed to do it.

Since they are a new company with a little following out here in Cali, they don't have the ability to be a sponsor on here. I was wondering though, if there was any interest in the way this looks:

They are also working on a 3 piece spoiler as well:

Now, that isn't my car in the photos, apparently it was someone that asked the company to build it for him but, he either lost interest halfway through or completely bailed on the project altogether.

Either way, they are looking to build a complete kit and market it for everyone, once its made.

I don't know if I'm able to post the name of the company or not, or link them so I won't for now. I'm just trying to see if anyone would actually like this front end to begin with.

** I am not affiliated with this company, whatsoever, just looking for feedback. BEFORE I give them my car to start mocking up things to.

Thanks!

See less See more
#70 · (Edited)

added and adjusted the pic you attached
Without Tag

Attachments

#76 ·
I'm not a Monaro fan boy like most, so this new front is getting too far from the Pontiac look as it is (for my tastes) with all the angles in the openings. A Holden front with a GTO 05/06 hood just looks wrong for example. I might like this one better with the matching mesh in the openings right below the hood, though. The other guys have some good points about rounding off a little more.

I hope it becomes available. It's great to have choices. You can't make everyone happy but those who are happy will buy it. :)

#77 ·
Yea new angles kill it for me. The angles in the lower grill are going against the lines of the car. Everything I highlighted in red "flows" in the same direction but the lower extension heads in the opposite direction.
That's why I love the HSV front all the line seem to run with the car so much better than the stock front end. And as other stated no license plate extension.
Judging by others reaction this company would make fists full of money if they reproduced either a Monaro or HSV kit.

Attachments

#85 ·
Technically any appearance modification that does nothing else is ricer.
Some wheels, different hoods, the shiny pieces you buy for under-the-hood bling, shiny LEDs, etc.
And before you argue, any justification you might make, a Honda boy could for his Honda, too. Everyone has a little ricer in them, some just have the money to do it right. They add 500 dollar body kits, we add $12,000 kits.

#89 ·
#92 ·
If they were to replicate the HSV kit pictured at a resonable price, my money would be jumping out of my pocket

#106 ·
Orly? I tried searching for their stuff but, found nothing...

well OP, has the "designer" even seen this info or has anything to say about direction?
Yes, I linked him to the thread and once I get home and on my computer, I'll post what he said in the email. Basically, he wants to do something different though, something that isn't exactly like something else out there.

I respect the originality and honestly, I'm just trying to help out a small business trying to do something for our community.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#94 ·

#96 ·
am i the only one who thinks the HSV body kit looks awful?

#102 ·
I like the front bumper cover it would work great with my heat exchanger for TVS.

#104 ·
well OP, has the "designer" even seen this info or has anything to say about direction?

#109 ·
Being an AUSSIE, it would come as no surprize that i like the HSV GTO and GTS bodykits, but from what i can see and tell from the few weeks i have been on this site, you guys are very passionate about your Pontiac GTO's, and i'm sure if someone put some real thought into designing a quality eye catching product, one that says i'm not just any GTO, i'm the next step up, they would sell like hot cakes, as the HSV coupes compared to just the run of the mill monaro's do in Aus.... but the secret is quality, has to flow with the basic shape of car..... and most of all say, i'm American!!! Why Pontiac did'nt do this in the first place is bloody madness.

#114 ·
This

#112 ·
and most kits don't pay attention to how the lines flow through the side skirts... that always irked me.

if you want to maximize your sales then make something that will also work by themselves... like if someone just wanted the front bumper.

Attachments

#115 ·
Everyone wants a cheap knock-off HSV kit, yet everyone rags on 0BX and Pacesetters, what do you think the difference would be here?

Build some new, but don't let it look like shit.
Werd...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.