LS1GTO Forums banner

gto radio code

17K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  DRWoodard 
#1 ·
I need to replace my factory radio with a oem radio.I have a replacement from another gto,but I do not know the radio code.The dealer will not help without a title and bill of sale.My cd do not work .
Thanks for the help

#3 ·
You'll need the VIN out of the car it came from. If you get the one from the dealer matching your car, it's the wrong radio. You'll either need the security card from the car the radio came from or you might be better off to call Blaupunkt to get the code. As far as I know, GM's system doesn't reference off any of the codes on the back of the radio. You could just have the dealer do it though as I think they can code them together using a Tech2 even without the security code. I'm sure they'll want in the ballpark of at least $75. Don't quote me on this part, I don't know for sure the Tech2 can do it.

As far as getting info from the dealer on your car, all you need is a DL and registration. That shows ownership.

#4 ·
do a search there is a website that will give the code yo you with out the vin you need to make a donation.

#6 ·
Can you post a link?
Most of the sites I've tried take me nowhere.

If I buy another stock radio with the unlock code, I will write the code on the metal frame of the radio with a black permanent marker. I mean, really...who wants to steal the stock radio from our cars?? Aftermarket radio's, DVD players, GPS's, etc. is the craze now.

#8 ·
I too have the same problem. I took mine to the dealership and when I went to pick it up, $90 later, after you enter the code every time you turn it on, the radio just flashes for three minutes and then shuts off. The dealer gave me the impression they don't know how to fix it. Help!

#10 ·
Good lord.

I just went yesterday to a GM dealer here and he gave me an entire printout of key code, frequency code, trunk code, radio pin for free. You should take it back and tell him it did not work. Try and get a refund.

Guys are right though, there is some kind of posting in the dealerships now i think that are saying you have to provide proof of ownership before they will give you any codes at all. In both the ones I have been too anywayz..

#9 ·
Was the code the gave you 1111 ?

#12 ·
Lmao you paid $90 for them to give you the "test" code that code will work with all locked GTO radios but as you can see it's only good to test the unit. Man I would firebomb that place :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.