LS1GTO Forums banner

WING/BADGES ARE ALL GONE

3K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  NITROS COBRA/GTO 
#1 ·
I am so happy now. My QSM is looking way better without the wing. Also happy now that all the badges on the car are gone. Way cleaner look. What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
agreed, i took all that nonsense off the first day i got my car.

looks clean

#10 ·
i have those same exact ones sitting at my house. they dont seem to contour like the stock arow does. i have mine in black and yellow though.

#5 ·
oops, didnt notice that. yeh. leave the arrow on. i got a black insert for my faded orange arrow.

#7 ·
What is the best compound to remove any kind of sticky residue left from the badge adhesives?

#16 ·
I like the arrow shaved off, personally. Mine has no badges save for a discrete 'Supercharged' badge:

...OK, so there's a crap-ton of stickers on the car in that pic.

#19 ·
Only for the Rally. Rallies. Usually, the only stickers the car wears are the little 'RMGTO.com' stickers on the rear quarter windows.

#22 ·
I'll be damned, dude, but my car doesn't usually get a whole lot of attention. But as soon as I drove it around with the stickers on it, heads were turning like they were on swivels. :lol:

Even in Vegas, where you'd think a sight like that would be a daily thing.

#24 · (Edited)
LOL, that's funny...guess people must be thinking why is a race car on the street (with the stickers) vs. oh just another loud cavalier or G6 (w/o), lol. Just goes to show about packaging and how they got away with pushing all this chinese junk our way (just so long as it "looks" like something, rather than being something of substance [not saying this about your car btw, but think you get what I mean]).

#37 ·
Yes, easy to remove. Use dental floss or very thin kite string.

#33 ·
Get rid of the giant ricer "GTO" in the rear insert, that was the first thing I got rid of...

...and I still don't understand the spoilerless look. I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't get it.
:dunno:

The car needs a lip spoiler or something.

#34 ·
...and I still don't understand the spoilerless look. I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't get it.
:dunno:

The car needs a lip spoiler or something.
I agree! I think! LOL I hate some of the cars I see w/o it, and then every once in a while, I see one that's not to bad (I like the one of markpetersonii above from that angle). But that's a rarity.

#36 · (Edited)
^^^LOL on that guy...silly ricers :D

Sometimes I'm glad I drive a mostly stocker, as I don't get bothered that much and especially by the buzzing rice-types...I'd say I got more 'attention' with people wanting to race when I had my V for some reason, but it was usually the AMG and M's (german cars are way overrated in mags on their actual performance on the street, lol...not slow, but not nearly as fast as you'd think; obviously there are a couple exceptions, but this has been my observation when I had my 06 GTO and my V).

Last car I had that was "loud" was my chevelle, but that thing is so lopey and mean sounding with big old meats in the back, most people don't bother :D (I miss driving that thing).

If I was running power like you (600+) in the GTO, I wouldn't mind it sounding the part, but until then, I don't want more bark than bite...I mean, these are not slouches even stock and even with "only" say 400-450 rwhp they move well, but you know what I mean. Not saying I don't want to hear it (even stock), but just not overly so and it's hard to get that balance.

On topic though - as far as spoiler less, I am mixed on that...some cars look real good like that and especially on certain angles, but for some reason my IBM didn't (test fit w/o) and about the only thing that stands out on the purple one is the spoiler.

#42 ·
I did the same thing and I like the look a lot. My rear badge was faded really bad. So I bought the reflective concepts inlay and painted the badge satin black.

#47 ·
ive been considering shaving hte arrowhead and leaving GTO 5.7 down low.

maybe when i get my cowl hood ill have the front and rear arrow heads removed when its at the body shop and get the spoiler holes filled too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.