LS1GTO Forums banner

The Official Louisiana Herd Thread

893K views 17K replies 153 participants last post by  BRMike 
#1 ·
Yeah, I did it... I created this new :quoties:Official:quoties: O/T Thread.

It appears that there are more new owners in the area looking to join the herd. I thought it would be easier for new members to find. So, let this thread be the general talk thread for the LA Herd.

#14,033 ·
spotted a red gto in covington today lowered on factory 18s tinted windows an exhaust with SAP grills i was gonna try an talk to the guy but he hauled ass an went to work it was around 8am this morning he went to smoothie king warehouse across hwy 190 from home depot. anyone know who it was the car looked awesome.

#14,034 ·
Well, I found my 1LE. Fortunately, it's in Baltimore so I can't screw up and trade in the GTO in on it.

#14,036 ·
That's a 2SS with the dual mode exhaust. It just doesn't have the RS package, which is basically paying $1400 for the halo headlights and red SS badges.

If the weather is better tomorrow, I'll probably torture myself more and test drive the 1LE at Gerry Lane.

#14,038 ·
Well I just burnt myself. I should have known that.

Yea I plan on going to the car show tommorrow.

#14,039 ·
What kind of car show is this? I'll probably go and test drive the 1LE and the A5 cabriolet at Brian Harris tomorrow.

#14,041 ·
#14,044 ·
How was the car show?
I didn't test drive anything today. I didn't even leave the house until this evening.

#14,049 ·
Alright, lets boil soon!!

Also big thanks to Mike (mwill15) for hooking me up with the rear exhaust gasket he ordered and ordering himself a new one so I didn't have to wait. Car is fat, happy, and back on the road. Now I just need to worry about the stereo and make a decision on that cam...

#14,052 ·
soooo got my svede in on monday, and now my clutch is acting up.....fantastic. Buying the clutch is no problem. Installing it will be. Im gonna hate paying someone to do something that I know I can do but I just dont have the time or energy to tackle this on my own right now.

IDK if i told you all, but I did end up getting a new job after I got laid off. I bought a bread route from Flowers Corp. The route is in Laplace, enjoy the the job but the hours are long. Many days I work from 2am and dont get home till 6pm. Wed and Sunday are the only days off. I surely do miss my two day weekends but I DO NOT miss my old job. lol

#14,056 ·
What kind of route does he have? My brother in law runs a sunbeam route in Central. Its a rough job but as time goes on the money gets better. Lucky for me the lease on my truck ends this year and after that I pay the 5500 buy out and im done.....500 extra bucks a month in my pocket. I started this dead middle of the summer. Ive lost a bit over 30 pounds AND i was eating a bag of sugar donuts a day.LOL.....i dont do that anymore though. Now that i somewhat have a hang of things I actually stop and get something to eat.

#14,059 ·
I have no idea, but she is terrified to drive it. She is pretty short, so that might play a part in it. She really hated the SS we looked at a month ago. She's spoiled with her car with the pedals that adjust. So I probably will end up keeping the GTO as I'm not spending any more money on cars she wont drive if she has to. Currently anytime her car goes to the shop(oil changes) she uses the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.