LS1GTO Forums banner

My little blower build

18K views 95 replies 36 participants last post by  PIYF 
#1 · (Edited)
I am having a custom Novi 2500 installed on my car. Hope to have more pictures soon. Here is a little sneak peak.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice! I always thought a blower in the corvette location looked pretty nifty. That's one big ass blower though lol

Looking forward to the results... Sticking with the 416 or going with a different motor?

#6 ·
#3 ·
Mother of god!

#5 ·
Is there a hole in the hood for it or is it something else in pic number 2?

#9 ·
Should be insane! I was actually thinking about having them (ECS) do something similar when I bring the car in for the new engine, but I've got too much invested in the TVS. ECS has gotten some amazing power and track times out of those blowers.

#10 ·
Yeah I had a lot in my old maggie setup for the track it just wasnt working anymore. I had more motor then blower and my old 112HH was holding me back. You could always sell the 2300.

#11 ·
True, but I'm not going to track the car that often, and I don't want to cut up the hood. Granted it would be a lot faster than the TVS setup, but that will probably end up costing more than double what I can sell mine for. This engine will cost me an arm and a leg, but this might be a future option. Nice job. 9's should be no problem now. I think they have a couple of Camaro's and vettes with that blower on 427's making over 1000 rwhp.

#14 ·
I HATE YOU ! I was totally going to start on the exact same build this summer :-(.

#15 · (Edited)
I talked to east coast supercharging they are the ones doing the install and they said it clears the stock hood. I decided on a novi because it is what ECS installs the most as being a dealer of them. Plus they have a lot of corvettes running this same setup. The one has gone 8.40's. I think I am going to need a custom radiator

#16 ·
Pretty cool... in for eventual numbers

#17 ·
I love these custom setups. And especially the Novi SC's. That's one cool looking setup and I look forward to seeing that thing run!

#18 ·
Hell yeah, should be an interesting build.

#19 ·
just out of curousity, but how much does a build like this cost??? you guys are made of money! i need a sugar momma...

#24 · (Edited)
The cost gets up there pretty quick being that some of the stuff is one off. Some of the brackets are C5 brackets and I believe they mocked it up using a 5th gen camaro intercooler. Not sure yet if we are keeping that intercooler or not.

looks awesome! will be interesting to see what kind of numbers u put down!
We are going to keep the the tune conservative to help keep the motor together. We are probably going to be 850 to 900 easily. It will be tuned on C16 and spraying dual meth nozzles. I am only going to be running 10.50 index at this time until I have a full cage installed and a a chute. We are planning on turning it up at a couple rentals this coming year and hoping for some very low 9 second passes and possible even an 8 if I could get some more weight out of the car.

#23 · (Edited)
Good to see someone trying something different. I don't know much about the 2500 but I have had a Novi 2000 on my V10 4wd Excursion for 60,000 miles with no issues. Unfortunately the wrong blower on the wrong vehicle, as it has never been used to it's potential. I always thought before my Maggied GTO was wrecked that it would be great to put the Maggie on the Excursion and the Novi on the GTO. The Novi I have is much quieter at idle than the prochargers I have heard. Good luck with the build.

#27 ·
I really dig your gauge setup, looks great. So you don't do any street driving at all anymore?

What about the windows? Glass, or lexan? How about the wall between the cabin and trunk... some people were replacing it with aluminum to strip weight?

#28 ·
I really dig your gauge setup, looks great. So you don't do any street driving at all anymore?

What about the windows? Glass, or lexan?
No I haven't driven it on the street in about 2 years. Right now it has all stock windows. I have looked into getting lexan from Pro Glass in Cali. From what I was told from someone that installed them in their car they only shaved 30lbs over OEM. To me that number doesn't sound right. It may have been a misprint.

#32 ·
#31 ·
Very nice!! Cant wait to see what the beast runs.

#34 ·
Holy hell, nice build man. Cool to see something different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.