LS1GTO Forums banner

Possiable clutch issue?

982 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ls2 goat 
#1 ·
I have had a monster stage 3 for a little over 15 k miles, mostly highway. Last week I turned on my car and it refused to go in reverse. I finally got it in, and about 2 miles later it became difficult to get into gears. After another mile it became impossible to get into gears while the car was on. I then noticed it was not disengaging. I called SNL and they said it had to be a hydrolic issue. I bought a mityvac bled the clutch and the problem still existed. I then decided to buy a slave and replace it. I took the trans out and noticed that three of the six clutch springs were broken. I replaced the slave put the trans back on, re bled the clutch and the problem is still there.

I am getting tired of stuff breaking that should not. 2 weeks ago my driveshaft broke in the middle, and 4 months before that my side adjuster came loose. I have never heard of any of these three problems happening to our cars. It's sad and I have not even tracked the car in over 10 months. I really have been trying to take the 6 speed record, but have been having random issues just poping up. Is this a clutch failure, or something else.

#2 ·
Clutch springs were broken and you reinstalled it? I know you don't want to hear it but hitting 9s in a six speed means you will break plenty of shit along the way or spend a hefty price getting nothing but the best parts. The Monster stage three is rated at 700 and judging by your sig mph you have at least that.

I broke my DS the one time I went to the track and now my clutch is slipping. I'd get mad but that's the cost sometimes of having a high hp 6sp car imop.

I could go alot faster with an auto and save money along the way but for me thats not as much fun. I have a monster 5 sitting in the garage as my backup and I'll install it but I don't expect her to hold my power for very long even thou they are rated for 825. There's a reason twins and triples are made. Good luck in your quest for 9s :)

#3 ·
I did put it back together; however I am not driving it. I used an f-body slave and I was unsure if there would be clearance issues, even though they are the same. I have never heard of clutch springs breaking, and I am really easy on driving it. I do not remember the last time at has been over 3.5k rpm.

#4 ·
I you have broken springs in the clutch you should call SNL and or send them pictures of it

#6 ·
I plan on getting you the pictures tomorrow, I have a a lot of work to catch up on first. I plan on staying with the clutch. It just seems that every time I plan on going to the track something breaks the day before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.