LS1GTO Forums banner

You guys who don't drive 'em in the winter...

18K views 330 replies 61 participants last post by  svede1212 
#1 ·
You don't know what you're missing!

Maggie + sub-100* intake temps = :fap:

#34 ·
My new focus was struck in the rear bumper by someone sliding into me. $1001.15 worth of repair. And i have a $1000 deductable.

#36 ·
Michigan is no fault and has some of the highest insurance rates in the country. Let's face it. One drives a goat in the winter because a second car is too unaffordable and/or there's no place to park a second more appropriate vehicle. I've been there, I've done that and I've driven worse cars in the winter but nothing beats having a back up.

#38 ·
Yep, no fault state..........Not even going to file a claim for $1.15. Rather not have the claim on record and have my rates go up.

#43 ·
and then Kevin got his wife a Mustang to drive in the winter. . . :D This is West Michigan we're talking about that gets real snow too.

#44 ·
She is doing fine with the Mustang. I put big time snow tires on it for the winter. So far so good.

#46 ·
. . . and the couple of inches so far isn't a big storm. I drove a Camaro for a couple of winters so CAN you drive one isn't the issue but it isn't ideal driving a light RWD car.

#50 ·
It acually isn't as bad as it use to be. They have very good traction controll systems now. It isn't the same as a front wheel drive, but it makes up for it all the other times that we don;t have snow.

#47 ·
I keep waiting for a big storm. This latest one just hasn't let up but it hasn't really dumped on us either. Not what I was hoping for.

#48 ·
Feel sorry for you guys on the west side of the state. Lots of snow there due to lake effect. Still too much on the East side. Must stay parked here. See you April and beyond.

#49 ·
Just stupid cold in the Twin Cities, goat is in storage, not worth the risk to drive in the winter. 1998 Audi A6 quattro is the daily driver, AWD is really the only way to go in snow. Do miss the pull of GTO in sub 50 dry weather though. Had the goat out of storage earl march last year, most miles since I bought the car.

#51 ·
Remember a couple years ago when it snowed big almost every day and we got 106" that winter? This year is easy.

#53 ·
Winter sucks, and I use to love winter had nice sleds and all and lived where it snowed a lot but like warm now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#54 ·
It isn't that big of a deal. Seasons kind of force me into different gears to do different things instead of being in a rut. I get tired of taking care of a big yard by the end of summer and the hot tub and wood burner are a lot nicer when it's cold. There's really only 6-8 weeks left and it goes by quickly.

#55 ·
I say let's start the countdown to :driving: time.

Let's put the days to fun at 55.

Ready set go...............

#56 ·
54...:)

#59 ·
Thank you! :D

#57 ·
I wish these boards had a "Like" button. . .

#58 ·
Damn I need a speed fix, my DD 4 banger isn't getting it. Plus headed to FL on sat so that will make it worse.

#62 ·
Keeping them stored from nov-March saves a lot on insurance!

#63 ·
Yep costs me $260 for the year full coverage year round and they know from Dec 1 till April 1 it is not driven.

#64 ·
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. My 9 year old car is a new car every spring.

#65 ·
53 DAYS

#66 ·
#67 ·
oops...i forgot to take my insurance off... :)

#77 ·
:doh:

#68 ·
Starting my Clutch shopping. Probably go twin disk. Looking into a McLeod.

#70 ·
1. The dents don't wash off (and your odds of a total are 10 fold)
2. A car driven in that is not going to look like one that isn't

#71 ·
I took it out yesterday afternoon since it was like 25 degrees out (heat wave!) and no snow or salt on the road. Got it on open highway, hit WOT, and it was a little slick. The road didn't have any ice on it, but it was still pretty slick.

I put it away shortly after haha.

Guess I'll be waiting another 2 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.