LS1GTO Forums banner

You guys who don't drive 'em in the winter...

18K views 330 replies 61 participants last post by  svede1212 
#1 ·
You don't know what you're missing!

Maggie + sub-100* intake temps = :fap:

#117 ·
Looks like I'll get the BC Coilovers and the bushing package installed in the next 6 weeks. I'm just trying to decide whether to upgrade the sway bays while I'm at it. It seems to make sense while it's apart. Any recomendations?

#119 ·
Yes, do it. The BC's are great, but they still leave a little bit to be desired in the lateral mass control area.

Anyone putting coilovers on this winter, after you get them aligned, it is gonna rock your world if you like corners. :fap:

#118 ·
i drive mine a lil during the winter, but not much. just like all who love their gto...there's nothing better than the feeling ya get when you haven't drove her for a while and then you do...giving her hell!

#120 ·
6 Weeks left........

#121 ·
Four more days until Pitchers and Catchers report.:)

#123 ·
I've been to all those "bragging" states. They all have their own drawbacks and they can keep them. In fact it might be good if they did stay away and keep my life here as great as it is. :D Almost everybody here has a short, quick commute and doesn't live in an endless stretch of suburbs. Only a few short weeks 'til Ziggy stirs. . .

Number 1 city in the country to raise a family

#124 ·
41 DAYS........

#125 ·
40 DAYS......

#127 ·
39 DAYS.......
Getting closer.

#128 ·
38 DAYS.....
Looks like my suspension should be done by then as well.

#133 ·
Hopefully i get my maggie in before the nice weather shows up.Cogs showed up today along with hp tuners pro.Maggie & afx will be here thursday. :secret: can't wait.

#131 ·
I have two newer cars that are driven year-round. The difference in wrenching on them and wrenching on my goat is day and night. The goat's bolts and parts underneath are like new yet. Like I've said before even if that or mileage wasn't an issue the much higher risk of accidents in the winter would dissuade me. A little fender bender is a total. Buying another one would not be the same at all. I've owned this one since new and know every piece of her and what she's been though.

#134 ·
Down to 37 days...

#137 ·
Pitchers & Catchers report for spring training.
36 DAYS.......

#138 ·
Down to 5 weeks!

#144 ·
Tigers report for spring training.
34DAYS left......

#147 ·
33 More DAYS........

#149 ·
I get mine out on nice days. I don't have a garage so I keep her at my mom's house about 20 miles away. Got it out one evening last weekend for a little joyride. Backed it out of the garage yesterday and brought it home since the weather is nice. Putting her away again tomorrow. Really need to build a big garage here. I hate having to leave all my other toys sit out in the backyard all winter.

#150 ·
32 more days.....

#151 ·
Update to 31 DAYS.............

#153 ·
Hey that's only a month. :woot:

#155 ·
hahaha sled dog. Yesterday was a horrible day on the roads here. A sled dog would have come in handy. There were over 100 accidents here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.