LS1GTO Forums banner

My G8 build/ F-1D install

8K views 57 replies 25 participants last post by  incon3037r 
#1 · (Edited)
Phase 1 modification list
Roto Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers, Kooks Catted Connection Pipes, Corsa Catback, New Era Camshaft 228/240 .598/.590 114 LSA, Pac valve springs, LS7 cam gear, ARP head bolts, GM LS7 lifters, Manley chromoly pushrods, Yella Terra 1.7 Rockerarms, GMPP CNC LS3 heads, 160° thermostat, Pedders Xa coilovers, BMR trailing arms, Forge star wheels 20x8.5 (F) 20x10.5 (R), Front CTS-V2 brakes, GXP front fascia and diffuser, MM CF hood, kidney grills, lower grill and spoiler, Third Shift Studio custom rear emblems and front & back G8 Concept Darts (black), Bohnman's Electronics Front Bumper Splitter, 8K HID kit, clear side markers/ 8K turn signals.

Walk around before intall

http://s440.photobucket.com/albums/qq125/incon3037r/?action=view&current=20120728_153609.mp4

Phase 2

Treadstone Front Mount Intercooler 12.5" X 22" X 3.5" Overall length 30", 3" inlet/outlet, 1142 CFM flow rate

Camaro Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump

FIC 1000cc injectors to flow some good ol' E85

Coming along nicely!!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Phase 3
Coil pack relocation, Cirle D or Yank stall, oil/trans coolers,

Rear CTSV2 brakes fronts already installed

Edelbrock intake manifold and elbow w/ Nick Williams 102mm throttle body. I'm gonna use an Aaron's custom sheet metal elbow instead.

Nick Williams 102

Edelbrock fuel rails

Pontiac valve covers

Phase 4
trans build, Forged motor, BMR lower control arms, toe rods, front/rear sway bars, total suspension bushing kit, GForce axels/driveshaft

#3 ·
Holy Toledo. Nice man!

#12 ·
#6 ·
Phase 4
BMR lower control arms, toe rods, front/rear sway bars, total suspension bushing kit, GForce axels/driveshaft.

Im also looking looking into better tires.

#11 ·
I thought about running the Edelbrock elbow first then seeing how much more power the Aarons elbow will make. The problem with the Edelbrock elbow is it needs to be ported out to work with the NW 102. I don't know if I want to spend the money to have it ported when I could of put said money towards the Aarons to begin with.

#13 ·
What's the engine specs?

#17 ·
For now its a stock block L76 with Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers, Kooks Catted Connection Pipes, Corsa Catback, New Era Camshaft 228/240 .598/.590 114 LSA, Pac valve springs, LS7 cam gear, ARP head bolts, GM LS7 lifters, Manley chromoly pushrods, Yella Terra 1.7 Rockerarms, GMPP CNC LS3 heads, 160° thermostat. Im saving up for a forged short block.

disturbingly awesome...
Thanks

#15 ·
Aeromotive A1000 installed in the G8 gas tank.

#18 ·
I was told that it was for the second fuel sending unit for the gauge.

#21 ·
such a nice looking build. good to see this happening close to home. I hope ya get to the track this fall and show me and Nate a thing or 2.:popcorn2:

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks, but Nate still has one up on me since he already has his trans built. Didn't you run 10's at Midnight Mayhem? If so that says volumes, lol!!

#27 ·

I hope to hit the dyno Wednesday or Thursday. Waiting on my coil pack relocation kit from Pace so I can install my Pontiac valve covers.

#28 ·
god that looks so sick in the last pic!

#30 ·
Thanks

Hell of a setup. So cleanly done. The fabricator has some talent and taste.

So bad ass to have a four door THAT powerful.
Thanks. I'm installing the Pontiac valve covers and coilpack relocation later this week to clean it up a little more. I can't wait until I get around to installing the Victor Jr. manifold and NW 102mm throttle body I have sitting in my room.

#29 ·
Hell of a setup. So cleanly done. The fabricator has some talent and taste.

So bad ass to have a four door THAT powerful.

#31 ·
What are you doing to the motor?

#34 ·
If I can find a machine shop here in Vegas that I trust, I will have my block forged locally. If not I will keep saving and buy a short block from a vendor. I'm unsure about how big of a stroke I want at this point.

What kind of hood are you going to run? Build looks sick man.
Thanks. I'm going to keep the Maverick Man carbon fiber hood that is currently on the car.

Looks good
Thanks.

#35 ·
subscribed! Your build really makes me want a G8 now. Can't wait to see the whole thing come together.

#37 ·
#40 ·
Holy Crap, that sounds wicked, made my speakers rattle.

#41 ·
What a POS
.........the Camaro in the background is.

Love the ride brosef. One of my favs on all of interwebs.

#42 ·
LMAO!! Thanks man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.