LS1GTO Forums banner

04 help!

1K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  svede1212 
#1 ·
well i posted before about replacing the valve cover gaskets got that all done and before i did that i had it detailed inside and out... well it drove home fine from the detail place, tore nto it and replaced the gaskets and installed hid headlights and fired it up and it sputterd around and died on the first start, tryd again and the idle smoothed out n bout 5sec. well startd it this mornen took bout 4 trys before id run and thn the check engin light was on... drove it about 20mi and it strts gttn hot... let it cool down n on the way home it starts sputtering and missing like crazy so i just parked it and going to take it to the dealer tomorrow and see if thy can help me out... any idea wat the problem is? oh ya and then the heat gauge all of the sudden died on me to, and the windows dont work eather... kinda strange i think... only thing is if water got somewere in the cleaning prosses... didnt look like he washed under the hood much tho...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
Is this a guessing contest? Pull the code and see what that says. It could be anything. If it's getting hot, maybe you should check the coolant level.

#4 ·
Well i checked the coolant yesterday and it was all fine! Was running fine until it was all back together after the gasket deal... And i made sure everything was put back together as it came off. Im going to try to get it to the dealer tomorrow...

#6 ·
Is that on the front of the driver side head? If so, it's probably the coolant temp sensor.

#7 ·
yeah it is! Probably why my temp is acting up. Cant get a code reader today so have to wait till tomorrow... :( Its gonen from bad to worse as far as running. It will stall when your driven and just runs like shit...

#10 · (Edited)
That is really a more complex question than it would appear on the face.

Considering the topology of the state there are at least three distinct zones, heavily influenced by various states of inbreeding and genetic mutations In the Eastern part of the state, you have Hillbillies. Hillbillies is a hearty breed with ample inbreeding. An unhealthy portion of the hillbilly population is afflicted with black lung or pre-black lung disease. Most won't come out in the daylight cause the black coal dust makes it look like they have old time theatrical blackface paint on and they are sensitive to criticism.

Them Hillbillies tend to migrate to churches what handles snakes-the lord said take up the serpent :dunno:. I'm figuring the Lord was having a good time with a bunch of Hillbillies when he told em that and never believed they'd actually do it. To wash the blackface off, Hillbillies brung a concoction from Ireland that is brewed up illegally in mountain hollows and occasionally in well disguised caves. They calls it white whiskey and sell it to people that don't live in the mountains. It is to the day the most effective way to sell your corn crop which normally goes for 25 cents a bushel. You can get up to 15 dollars a gallon for it.

After growin up in them hills many eastern Kentuckians hain't got naer a thumb or finger. Comes from choppin firewood drunk. Makes stump poker difficult and countin or vanced rithmetic pert damn near impossible. Bad luck bout it is many of em lost toes too so they can't even count to twenty.

Down in the lowland, they call it bluegrass, there is a bunch of folks that either was thrown out of the hills or carpetbagged down from Ohio. The Ohio folks is easy to spot, they sit around and tell everyone in harin distence how much better Ohio is than Kentucky. You can tell a true Kentuckian cause he r she is sittin there chewin redman terbacky thinking WTF is they doin down here if Ohio is so damned much better? Then of course if you look at the way they vote, you can understand. They smurfed up Ohio and came to live in Kentucky. Most lowlanders, drink the whiskey made and sold by Hillbillies. That turns their necks red so theys called ********. Them what don't drink white whiskey drinks water flushed from one source or the other up in the mountains. hits so bad they often put stink weed in it and call it mint *** Lips.

Out in Western Kentucky, theys more coal miners and hillbillies. They used to be a nice town called Paradise but Mr. Peabody's coal train done hauled it away.

I hope you folks appreciate my educational lecture on Kentucky. I honestly worked on it for days so as to avoid discussin what they does to sheep up there.

And by the way, proper English is Damned Yankee

Never mind

#11 ·
:hail: WRP!!

#12 ·
All hail the great state of Kentucky. Long live the Queen of the Silver Dollar.

#13 ·
While I ain't from Kentuck, I was born nearby in West (by God) Virginny. I reckon WRP and me might have some of the same kinfolk.

#14 ·
Its a great place to live! yalls is just jealous of us fine folks over here in the far western parts of the state! right close to the beautiful Kentucky lake! Some just aren't as privileged... its sad.. lol

#15 ·
Lol my mom moved to Wva and her neighbor was dating her sisters boy she was like 40 and he was 19 and they lived together. What happens in Wva and Ky should stay there lol.

#17 ·
lol ya just busting all ur balls.

#18 ·
When we was in Pilot View my wife was a student teacher. They tole her that ifn she axed a kid who their momma was and the kid dint answer to not ax agin cause they momma may be in the class

#20 ·
And yet we keep on driving it...............................

#21 ·
FWIW when I installed my headers way back when I broke off that sensor. My car ran fine for the couple of days until I got a new one and in fact my temp gauge still read correctly :huh:. There must be another one somewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.