LS1GTO Forums banner

Ripshifter ??????????

3K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  700Rocket 
#1 · (Edited)
I need shifter for the Goat.GMM-SNL ??? Which Ripshfter is the best

One of you Vendors sell me a Ripshifter. I want to order one right now.

#4 ·
Well that don't sound very good....JHP says they are in stock now,but I don't want to wait for months for it to come from down under. LOL

#5 ·
That,s a little cheaper than the JHP ripper.

#11 ·
How does this unit compare to the JHP shifter?? I can't seem to find one here in the states.I may have to go to the MGW-P unit..

#7 ·
I ordered from Wretched as I recall and hand part in hand within a week. Went with the Street version and topped it with an LSS, best combo ever if you like an uber-low shifter with nearly zero travel between gears.

#8 ·
I called that number and got a recording,I waited too late today,too much time at the dyno shop.That's what I get.I'll try later on.

Thanks much for that info......

#12 ·
^ Just as good, if not better.

I am going with the MGW-P eventually, but that unit is praised very highly!! I say go with the MGW-P. Order it from Proxses Tuning. Finding the GMM is gonna be tough and you are going to have to wait a while for it

#13 · (Edited)
I will give Proxses a call Monday morning.

Thanks all.

#15 ·
MGW-P FTW! I replaced the B&M that was in my car with the MGW-P and its like a different car.

#16 ·
I am still working on it...Nothing as of today.:cry:

#18 ·

Been pounding on mine since they first came out without issue. Eventually added a Spec stage 3 clutch to add more joy to the pounding.

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
It's tedious and has taken many up to four hours or so to complete. Always depends on the ability to follow directions. ;)

#24 ·
Install time for my Mgw-p was right at about hour and one break for a beer.
Now that sounds like the way to do shit the right way,however it will take me at least 2 Buds..:eek2::eek2:

#23 ·
Well finally got my shifter ordered from Proxses. He said would take about 4 weeks. He was busy,said he had a lot of orders.So we will see.

#26 ·
You made the right choice. I was not happy with the "stock" shifter so I ordered the MGW-P after reading good reviews about it. I was a bit surprised when I went to install the MGW-P and found that my car already had the GMM Street ripshifter installed. I found the GMM to be sloppy, cant imagine what the stock one was like! The MGW-P has a shorter throw and its near impossible to miss a gear, no guessing what gear your in.

That being said, I've got the GMM should someone want to try it.

#25 ·
MGW-P x10. it is that good. order now, thank me later.

#28 ·
I love my GMM + LS7 clutch combo. The GMM is the shifter to get. All my shifts are precise, and I can sort of feel it click into gear. I installed a custom set of hydro lines and I can shift gears at an RPM. Best combo ever.

The stock shifter is like trying to move a 2x4 through a sack of potatoes. It just sucks.

#32 ·
The only common "sloppiness" threads I've ever seen on the GMM is some had the two bolts for the handle loosen. That's also the place some have snapped the shaft leading me to think that's it too. I used red LockTite 7 years ago and mine has stayed rock solid.

#33 · (Edited)
Just to confirm details regarding the GMM Rip shifter.... JHP have been getting a few inquiries regarding the GMM Rip shifter from GTO owners.:driving:
Does JHP have stock of the GMM Rip shifter ? = YES 100%
How long does it take to ship to the USA ? = 4-8 days (air express shipping with DHL)
DO you have the street & race shifter for the GTO ? = Yes
Can I upgrade my GMM race to the street handle ? = Yes

Heres the link for more info & prices http://www.jhpss.com/Pontiac-GTO/ShortShifters.htm

Race

Street

#34 ·
When my GMM got sloppy we discovered the shift plate guide, which is responsible for the click and play of the shifter, was bad. The tang that follows the track in the shift guide plate had been worn and was very loose in the shift guide plate track.

#35 ·
Thanks guys,I wanted to go GMM,but read all the pros and cons and went with the Proxses shifter.

Hey Bill you coming to Ky. for the May drags at the Martin Co. airport drags?

#39 ·
A little input here...Seems like my GMM centering springs are weak or busted. Pretty annoying that the shifter will not center itself as it is less than 3 years old and is never abused. Never wanna guess whether im in first or third.

Does anyone have any clue where to get replacement springs for this product? I tried to email and call GMM direct in Australia, seems as though their idea of customer service differs greatly from mine. Also called all of the North America vendors and nobody had a clue where to send me. If anyone has any ideas, I'm ALL ears!

#40 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.