LS1GTO Forums banner

Spontaneous Event Thread

68K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  rsbad454 
#1 ·
Have you ever thought, “Wonder what’s going on today/tonight, this weekend?”
• Or “I feel like a drive today, wonder if anybody’s got something set up that I can tag along?”
• Or “I’m going for a drive, wonder if anybody wants to go?”
• Or “Got my new Coil overs in today, Ricky Bobby is coming over to help, got NASCAR on the Flat screen in the garage, beverages on ice, anybody is welcome to come over to help or hang. Come on over”

That’s what this Thread is intended to capture. A Quick list of Quick GTG’s and/or Drives put together with little to no plans. I’ve been thinking about this kind of thread for years and always wanted to do one. Talking with a Mopar buddy recently, he let me know his forum has something similar. So I set out on some research and found similar ideas successful in a quite a few different forums.

Anybody anywhere is welcome to use this thread. Its intent is plain and simple…a quick reference for folks that want to do something in a short amount of time. Also, I encourage all of you to post up when you are going to one of these events. That way folks know you’re on your way.

Make sure you clarify your Geography as our Region spread is vast

Bigger Organized Events should be managed no differently than they already are. Love these Events, Encourage supporting these Events, I respect their Organizations/Individuals and look forward to attending as many of these as possible as all should.

Again, just post up in this continuous thread if you want to invite others to short-notice events. And if you're looking for something to do, just check it if it's bold (that means it's got an update) and see if the event is something you want to do. It's that simple. Hope it works :)

See less See more
#676 ·
Bump for Todd's 4 hr. Project. Im going to verify whether I work on those days, but its looking like I am.

#677 ·
I might be able to make that! I need to learn how to detail though!

#679 · (Edited)
:popcorn2: who am I ?

Ok.... I'm bored and its slow in here . :bomb:

#681 ·
:uhhh:

#682 ·
bump cus this NW section is slower then Molasses

#683 ·
It has been! Maybe someone can come out and scape the ice off my windshield in the morning tomorrow?

#684 ·
I realize it is a bad time of year, but is anybody with header installation experience available to come to Fairfield this Sunday afternoon? I could use some help installing my stock exhaust.

#686 ·
Data logging went well today, I advanced the timing a tad too much and it pulled 1 degree in the high RPM range. steady cruising fuel trims and everything worked out smoothly
Great stuff Chris

#688 ·
When the cats were removed one of the HFC's didn't have a core in it, the other one had the core broken into pieces and was clogging up the passenger side mid pipe. I had stock cats welded back in but have the jba catless mids and my new Borla exhaust for racing.

Ray after I finish installing everything I got for the holidays I'll be at -204 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#689 ·
Ray after I finish installing everything I got for the holidays I'll be at -204 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
great stuff chris
i have some updating to do on my current sheet but when i do i will shoot it to you in a PM :)

#694 ·
Dang, this would have been the perfect opportunity to show off the new look Goat but I don't get off of work until 5. It got a complete makeover :)

#692 ·
I have to work wed. through Friday this week.:cursin:

#702 ·
#705 ·
It looks like i will able to make it sunday i just need time and adress
90% sure ill make it.

#706 ·
I'll be running a casual video shoot tomorrow (12/30) starting at noon. We'll be meeting in Castro Valley in the "Chabot Staging Area" off of Redwood Rd (37.73826,-122.075407). The plan is to make a couple passes up/down Redwood Rd recording footage. This will be a fairly slow drive, but the roads are fun... and should work well for the video.

-Todd...

PS - Please bring radios if you have them (I'll have two I can lend-out).
PSS - There might be some photos taken as well.

#711 ·
I'm right down the street I'm not sure if I can make though. We will see.

#712 ·
Since they are meeting in your backyard, I sure hope your meeting up with them you introvert... :stickpoke

#714 ·
I had a great time out there today. I put my koni adjustable shocks and struts to the test today and they were amazing. Couldn't even tell that I didn't have a front sway bar :)

Hell I may not put that front bar back on again!

#716 ·
Thanks for those who came out, it was fun...

I'm learning a bunch about the new camera mount. Unfortunately my "main camera" started to fog-up and I didn't notice :doh:

-Todd...
Nice Vid Todd. I like that you caught me getting a little sideways at 24 seconds! Pretty cool to watch your camera mount in action too!

My vid was too bouncy and short, but it caught some nice exhaust notes. I'll post it shortly.

#718 ·
Todd the video is nice I like it..... And Ike ur car sounds fu*ken bada**....those little freeway pulls you did sounded great.

#719 ·
Thanks man. I am surprised you could hear it over your exhaust. You have the second loudest goat I have heard possibly!

#720 ·
Thanks..
Do you have the video of when im in front of you if you can email it to me or give me your youtube name thing...thanks.

#721 ·
Nice Vids Todd, that new mount for the camera looks cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.