LS1GTO Forums banner

Mounts

6K views 50 replies 21 participants last post by  jegten 
#1 ·
I need to replace my motor and trans mounts. I am looking to pull the trigger soon on the kit from revshift.

The question I had was on the hardness of the mount. .. Is the 95A that much harder than the 80A blue? Can anyone elaborate.

The point of replacing the mounts is for something harder but I dont know what to expect. If I go with the hard/race ones, will it not feel comfortable?

I didnt post the link because I dont want to step on anyones toes. Google revshift and you will find it.

#35 ·
thanks man!
look forward to your review of them.
i am in need of the motor mounts, and have the jb weld in the trans mount. this seems like a very good option.

i will check their site. thanks!

#36 ·
do you happen to know what are the dimensions of the motor mounts? i.e., same as oem, shorter, taller? thanks! didn't see the info on the site.

#50 ·
That Transmission mount looks pretty stout...Rev Shift makes that???

height of my 21K mile perfect shape OEM motor mounts (out of the car no compression due to engine weight): 2-3/4"
height of HSC STD height poly eurethane mount:2-7/8" (hardly noticeable but due to the nature of the mount it doesn mot collpase at all under the weight of the motor.
I have an OTR intake so I went with the HSC lowered polyeurethane mounts and they are perfect for OTR and put my motor at same height as my stock mounts...

OP's choice what he gets but the design of the HSC does not have the same void in the center as the RevShift cut away diagram shows.

#37 ·
i did not compare the two. i should have.. the stock ones are very fat and hard to to take out because of that..all i used is four jackstands, a jack, and a piece of 2x4.. the height of the motor appears to be the same but i cannot verify that without actually measuring. the oem bolts appeared to be a tad longer (because of the tips that stick out from the thread, check the pic) but the the motor seams to be at oem height.

#39 ·
thanks!
oh, so you already installed them! great!
i know you got the red/race ones. how does it feel? vibration?
my cam is pretty lopy, so i have to be careful which set i choose.

#40 ·
thx. you're on 18's now? i know i passed by one close to hillside sometime back while on the way to check on my bros jeep.

if you need help with the install or anything lmk

#44 ·
nice! :D
i wonder how much of a difference is there between the two urethane they offer, feel wise, that is.

it sounds like the right combination. enjoy!
i might just contact them to ask about the difference.

#45 ·
I need to do the trans and motor mounts. Unless I missed something, you can only get the three on a package deal from either Revshift or SCSS. Revshift was out of stock when I called them a couple days ago and they said to keep checking the website for stock status. That's the ones I want to get, 95A. They have a lifetime warranty for failure replacement but they are still a young company (2009 is what the site says). I haven't found just a trans mount.

#46 ·
i ordered the 23 of november and they arrived on the 10th of december.. but it was definitely worth the wait.. the Revshift trans mount looks superior to the SCSS in my opinion. As far as performance, I wouldn't know.

#51 ·
thanks mike for the measurements!
i wonder how tall is the revshift one. i sent them an email but have not heard from them yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.