LS1GTO Forums banner

corvette rims on a gto

14K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  sam5828 
#1 ·
hey guys im looking to get a new set of rims for my car and im kinda interested about how a set of corvette rims would look on a gto. if anybody has corvette rims on their gtos could you please post a pic of it

#2 ·

#5 ·
It's in a car capsule

#9 · (Edited)
yep

sam..this isn't your car is it?
I dunnow where is those pics from? The car came from Indiana. What are the tires on the front kuhmo? I can't tell from my phone but I have had it since July and guy I got it from had it since dec maybe

#17 ·
Those are std 08 rims

#27 · (Edited)
You can buy the Z06 replicas for less than 150 a piece in chrome or black 17s to 19s. I had them on my C6.

Real Z06 rims will not fit a stock GTO or base C6.

#29 ·
Mine are oem z06 wheels

#31 ·
#37 ·
Just a heads up: The local guys around me, using true C5 and C6 and not replicas, had to do quite a bit to make them work. They ran spacers, and to get the spacers to work they had to get the ARP extended studs. And had to cut fenders on top of that. Not a huge deal, just some extra cost involved that you should be aware of.

#40 ·
Yeah when I was looking at the c6 z06 rims all of the offsets required the use of a spacer. I was told spacers are not the best idea because they are known to cut the studs like butter, but I have met plenty of guys who run big off set rims with no spacers and they have had no problems. I have a machine shop too, so I was even willing to make the spacers, but then I found the replicas and just went with those instead.

#42 ·
hmm makes me kind of want to go with 17s just so i can run that wide in the rear without any problems..did you roll the fender lip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.