LS1GTO Forums banner

Is winter over yet?

2K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  05 yellowjacket 
#1 ·
Its only been a little over a month since I last drove the goat, but I'm already itching to fire it up. In the summer if there is a 10% chance of rain I have no problem leaving it in the garage for a week if need be, but as soon as old man winter is here I crave taking it out.

Only a few months to go. :bomb:

Oh and seeing how I just spent a fortune on a new roof, medical bills, and fixing the DD no winter mods this year for me. :(

#9 ·
Yeah I swear I seen you out one day when you probably shouldn't of been. Unless that was another MBM around. Actually seen 4 GTO's out that day. I rarely see that many when its nice out.

And yeah looks like real snow may hit tonight. Please let them be wrong again, lol.

#5 ·
2 months down :D

3 months to go :cry:

#6 ·
the days are starting to get longer :)

#7 ·
Well arent you optimistic, haha.

#8 ·
Well looks like winter is going to get started tonight, Cummon April 1

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Still have mine to do as well. :turbonaug

#12 ·
That's the key. This is my second winter here in MI and I've found you have to find small relatively inexpensive projects to work on throughtout the winter. This is the time to do all the tedious, time consuming projects you put off all summer. This winter I'm working on coil relocation and shaving the valve covers to paint them. Which inevitably leads to other small projects if you dig deep enough. I found some wiring I needed to clean up as well. Its not a big project but it gives me something to keep my hands busy turning wrenches and I dont tweak SO much.

#13 ·
Make sure you get it all done this winter. We want to see the hood open a little more next summer.:wall:

I agree though. I got my Gator Pod and Aeroforce gauges in. Still need to put in the SAP lower grill from WCS though. The suspension can wait till spring.

#15 ·
I fired mine up yesterday and drove it 10 feet forward and 10 feet back (to the other side of the garage) so i can start my suspension and remaining bushing installs

#16 ·
Seen 2 Skyline's out in the snow. Wish my winter car was that nice, lol.

My car on the other hand is staying dry, but not clean. Amazing on what collects on it when it just sits. Need to get the cover on it.

#17 ·
#21 ·
He did something wrong, it is impossible for that to happen the air changes 3 times a hr or more

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#22 ·
Yes. Yes it is. This is man-made global cooling. We are all doomed.

#26 ·
Still firmly planted in the garage here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.