LS1GTO Forums banner

We have lost a great member

6K views 84 replies 38 participants last post by  iblubyu 
#1 ·
I received an email earlier that Jason Sexton (JAVAN) passed away early this morning. I will post any funeral information once it is published. I suspect it will be in the Washington Post.

He owned a 2006 BOM M6.

#65 ·
WOw just saw this on here this morning. Thoughts and prayers out to his family.

#68 ·
I usually work on Saturday. I told them I will not be in and if they don't like it, they can eat it. Not missing this.

#70 ·
According to Jason's Dad, he would like us to be there as close to noon as possible, so we can all park together at the funeral home (JB Jenkins Funeral Home). Directions as follows:

I-95 to exit 17 W Landover Rd. (Rte 202)
Proceed 2.5 miles then
Right on 75th Ave to funeral home on left

We will meet at the old Landover Mall Shopping Center. When you come off the exit, turn right at the first light into the shopping center parking lot. We should depart from there by 11:50 am so be at the meetup location 11:30 - 11:45 am. Confirm you will be there so I will have an accurate list.

1. sandu002
2. myred2004gto
In case anyone misses Bills thread....

#71 ·
Add me to the list, old landover mall @ 11:30 am

#72 · (Edited)
Today was tough, a very emotional and moving service. Good to see us out in a good showing of support and cars, you could tell it meant a lot to his family and friends.

Good seeing you guys, wish it was under better circumstances.

We are all safely back home.

#74 ·
RIP gto brother, I never met him but looks like he was a hell of a guy and very cool you all had a tribute to him in your goats.

#75 ·
That picture is choking me up a bit. It is really unfortunate due to working retail that I was unable to attend. J was an awesome guy and I will miss just talking to him at every meet here on out. I am glad that some of the W. PA crew were able to attend.

#76 ·
Agree with the car, I'd say it didn't hit me today hard until we got there and his car was sitting out front.

Jay's dad is planning on keeping the car and driving it to some shows, red has his info and told him about the forum and is going to try and get him to bring the car to Carlisle.

I hope we don't have to meet in this fashion again for a long long time.

#77 ·
Definitely not the way I'd like to get together with all of you guys any time soon. It was great to see you all but hopefully we will all be sharing beers and laughs instead of memories.

I walked in, sat next to Chris and just tried to stay dry, which was tough to do hearing some of those stories.

#80 ·
It definitely wasn't easy to stay dry. The man was truly loved by a lot of friends, both in the car community and where he grew up and the stories told brought me even closer to him. I am so glad that we made the trip.

Red, keep in touch with me if an informal / formal cruise comes around.

#79 ·
That's pretty awesome that his car was there.

We will never own another car that creates this many friendships I guarantee you that.

Good to see there was a nice showing of cars there for him. I'm sure it helps the family to see the lives he touched while he was here.

#81 ·
It, too, didn't become a reality until I saw the car draped in black. I hadn't been around for the last year, and I hate that this was the first time since Carlisle that I have seen everyone. It was a good service and I was glad to see that Jay's family embraced his hobbies and passions.

I couldn't have been happier to hear that Jay's dad is going to be keeping the car. Hopefully his appearances will make future meets seem a little more normal. They are definitely going to feel empty without Jay.

#82 ·
Well I also didn't feel the impact until we were there. His car looked fabulous and I'm happy to hear his dad is going to drive his car and take care of it. I had to leave before the service started because I had to go to work, but I was definitely moved while sitting inside paying my respects. I want to thank Ernie (Red), for his insert about Jay. That made me choke up along with the nice pictures of Jay.

R.I.P. Jay, your in good hands now...

#83 ·
wow :( i didnt know him at all, but very sad to hear :( sounded like a super nice guy, a rarity in todays world. god bless...

cant imagine what the dad is going through, driving his sons car must be a very emotion for him :(

#85 ·
i really wish i could have made it for this. jay will truly be missed and was an incredible guy. his car looks amazing as usual. Taking a ride in his car, inspired me to get a supercharger in my goat. Jay, RIP brother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.