LS1GTO Forums banner

NEED: Goodyear Gator-back belt numbers for SLP underdrive pulley

10K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  kinley 
#1 ·
Like the title states...if anyone knows these numbers I would appreciate it.:)

The Dayco belt #s are 760K6 and 405K4...but based upon some research it seems like the gator belts are better. So does anyone know that numbrs? This is apart of my cam install coming up and I need get them sometime soon.

Auto Zone carries the belts, but the guy couldn't tell me if they were the right ones or not (I'm pretty sure he pulled up stock belts).

Thanks!
Bryan

#2 ·
Check out summit udp and look at the recommended belts on there. Should be the same belts for that pulley if im not mistaken..

#4 ·
Would those belts be the same for an 04? I have read some say they are different and some say they are the same. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

#5 ·
I've heard terrible things about Gatorback belts....I guess they like to shred really fast.

#6 ·
04 and 05 are different and to say they shread easily isnt a true statement...Now if you put the wrong belts on then yeah,

I use Goodyear Gatorback 4060760, and 4040405.

The Serpentine belt # is 4060760

The AC Compressor belt # is 4040405

6 rib 76" long belt for the accessory drive, and a 4 rib 40.5" belt for the air conditioner compressor.

#18 ·
The Serpentine belt # is 4060760

The AC Compressor belt # is 4040405
Correctomundo.
Those who try to fit 4060755 on '06 - good luck.

#19 ·
Um...I just installed a 4060755 today. The installation was a piece of cake. I got that one because they didn't have the 4050760.

Gerry

#12 ·
23.60 for the first one and 13.99 for the second one at Autozone

I am pretty sure that I used the 760 and 400... I have read of people using the 760,755 and 750 for the main drive and 400 or 405 for the other... I found then for $40 but then some nice buy ToddO sold a set to me for just shipping.
There were some fitment issues from 04-06 the ones I listed are for an 06/05

even for a 25% pully?
YOu need different belts of you change out the pulley.

#10 ·
even for a 25% pully?

#20 ·
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300808

Interestingly enough the autozone guy tried to look up the stock belt sizes despite me telling him I have an underdrive pully ... about 5 times!! I even told him exactly what I needed! a 6 rib 76" and a 4 rib 40".

Low and behold he shows up with a dayco 5060760 and a 5040400. I bought both and got the hell out of that place...

Both belts are working GREAT! :D

#21 ·
I did the opposite...told her I needed one for an 06 GTO...she went and got it, and I then went DOH!!! Sorry...can you bring me one with the same number, but 760 on the end? Thought I'd give the GB a shot. My dayco was trashed.

Gerry

#23 ·
Must have Dayco on the brain...just checked, and it was a Gates Micro-V. Had 45,000 miles on it, and had a nice chunk missing out of a couple ribs.

Gerry

#32 · (Edited)
If you add 1/4" to a streteched out belt on both sides, you've "tightened it" by 6mm, correct?

One thing that you might have done (I did this) was to have it routed incorrectly. I did that when I had to replace my water pump or one of the times I tore the front of the motor apart...and I was like "WTF??? How the hell can a belt SHRINK???" I could almost get it on, but it wouldn't go. I just about busted a nut trying to get it on, then thought it would be wise to check the book...found out I had it routed wrong, and tada. It fit fine.

Could also be that they had the belt in the wrong package...unless you verified the number on the belt itself.

Gerry

#33 · (Edited)
I had the dealer install the Goodyear Gatorback (4060775) about a month ago and the squealing (which I thought was from pullies) went away. Started my car yesterday morning and heard the squeal coming back, so I popped the hood and saw the belt was torn. It was missing about 1 mm (about 2 ribs worth) and stripped the entire length of the belt.

Went back to the dealer to let them diagnose it and they claimed the belt failed, or the belt was the wrong size. Was going to buy the AC Delco belt at cost ($90 something), but they had to order from WV.

Ended up going back to autozone and getting another Gatorback 4060775. They were shocked that it failed and said it was probably a bent or misaligned pulley, but I didn't see that. Put it on and it seems like a lot of tension on it, but so far so good.

The AC Delco belt (6K775) is 77.5" and the Gatorback 7.5" , but according to Goodyears website, the 4060775 is for 2005 and 2006 GTOs.

I guess there could have been a really slim chance that the belt was just defective? Any other insight, similar problems, or experience with this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.