LS1GTO Forums banner

Northern Ca. spotted thread

569K views 7K replies 369 participants last post by  HMBLGOAT 
#1 ·
Looking at the NW spotted thread, I feel like we dont belong there so I'm starting one for Northern California.

Spotted a Silver 06 on 680 yesterday with "THE WOLF" as custom plates. Guy cruised with Sonny and I til I had to get off the hwy for gas. Very cool!

Today, I spotted a black 04/05 with an SAP wing missing the rear bumper cover on 280 in San Jose. We did a quick run from 60mph, it was over with fast, but still fun.

#6,529 ·
I have never seen one of those just like most people on here im sure. Is it a conversion you think.... or something that was brought over ? Better yet did they make those here for a short time ?

#6,531 ·
It's a Holden Ute, it definitely wasn't made here in the states. I'm not sure if it's a conversion or an import from Australia though. If it's a conversion, it sure did cost a hell of a lot of money. It is possible though because there's a conversion of a GTO to a Nova here:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448201

If it's an import though, it looks as if they spent money on converting it into a GTO front end from a Monaro front end. I'm more so thinking it was a conversion from a GTO to a Ute but either way, this guy spent BIG bucks for this car.

#6,532 ·
Now that I think about it, it's definitely a conversion.
It has a GTO front end, stock GTO 17's and it's left hand drive.

#6,533 · (Edited)
I don't know if was real or a conversion - couldn’t tell. It looked pretty legit. Left hand drive, GTO badging, SAP front grills, 17"s and a Holden badge on the tailgate. I looked at it for a while - the rear panels looked too good to be a conversion - smooth.

I think Pontiac actually toyed with the idea of bringing them over at one point.

#6,534 ·
I don't know if was real or a conversion - couldn’t tell. It looked pretty legit. Left hand drive, GTO badging, SAP front grills, 17"s and a Holden badge on the tailgate. I looked at it for a while - the rear panels looked too good to be a conversion - smooth.

I think Pontiac actually toyed with the idea of bringing them over at one point.
Perhaps this is the same car?

Also, looks like some serious money went into that thing to make it legit. Note the body line on the side skirt at the back -- like an extra chunk was put on. Even the production models in Australia had those, makes me think that this was a ute that someone put a hacked up GTO body on.

#6,536 ·
saw an 04 ibm at the 24hr fitness in rohnert park at 5:00pn

#6,537 ·
Im going to say that thing is the real deal. Looks perfect. That would take quite a bit of cash to complete a conversion to that level... more than it would cost to get one here in the first place. Someone shipped her over. Gorgeous.

#6,540 · (Edited)
Just saw an 05/06 IBM with tinted windows driving on Charleston in Mountain View driving right through the google area. Sounded like it had a muffler delete.

#6,541 ·
Spotted a CGM off of Park in Alameda approx 12noon. The passenger side quarter was pretty banged up . Older gentlemen driving, no window tint. Looked/ sounded stock.

#6,566 ·
thank you sir, havent see yours in a while other than the first day of class

#6,546 ·
You go down to gilroy a lot... Work ?

#6,551 ·
Someone traded there 05 pbm at nissan of santa rosa and has 104k miles on it

#6,552 ·
Saw a stock looking cgm this afternoon around 3:30 on brahnam and snell in San Jose.

#6,553 · (Edited)
Saw this torrid red 04 today parked here on Camden and union with chrome 17's. I've seen this car there quite a few times.

Attachments

#6,555 ·
Ya, and the mystery machine on the left as well !!! :D

#6,558 ·
Me and Ray and Mike saw an 05-06 pbm yesterday turning onto bernal from Monterey rd in s.j. on our way back from getting food from the store. It had a jhp spoiler, aftermarket rims and sounded like it was supercharged. Very clean looking ride all around.

#6,559 ·
Just saw an 05/06 pbm up here in Capitola/Santa Cruz on soquel ave with a pretty raspy exhaust and possibly black painted rims.

#6,560 ·
Saw an 06 QSM on 880 around Hayward yesterday with an American flag sticker on the rear window and oem 18's. He had a GTO hat on his passenger seat... Looked bone stock.

#6,565 ·
I'm seeing gto's like its nobodys business lately .... And its wasn't a pbm ! Saw this guy on 101 exiting moffet field and he drove right in through the gates. Looked pretty much stock.

Attachments

#6,567 ·
#6,569 ·
I saw a 04 Pbm going down Monterey rd. underneath blossom hill today in san jose, it looked pretty muck stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.