LS1GTO Forums banner

Coil Spring Boosters

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  blackXgoat 
#1 ·
I went to Advance Auto Parts to get some detailing supplies and see if I could find some spring pads. I couldn't find spring pads, but I found "Dynachrome Spring Boosters"

I plan on getting new springs within the next couple weeks, but I need new tires first, and I'm not putting on new tires when my camber is hundreds of degrees into the negatives due to the junk stock springs sagging.

I haven't pulled off the tires and jacked up the car to see if they would work, but I was wondering if anyone has used anything like this and if it would work for a few weeks.

Thanks

#4 ·
With that design, the channel has to have specifically the correct
diameter for the springs (I'm not sure what that is).

Spacers are easy. Find some material and cut some rings: 4" OD and
1.5" ID. Put a stack of them on the control arm, under the rubber hat
thingy.

Could be aluminum, rubber, steel. I expect old vinyl floor tiles would
work. Thin rubber sheet could be cut with scissors.

The worst that can happen is that it all falls apart and your butt sags
again :)

#7 ·
pedders make something like this, but its flat not groved and you can put one on top and below the spring... i think there called "spring insulators"

#8 ·
I have a pair of these, brand new, if you want them.
I had two sets but wound up using one pair on another type of car.
Will raise the rear about 1/2" and does NOT compress with time
IM me if you want them sent right away and I'll let you know how much.
These are the best made, come with tie wraps and do NOT fall out

#10 ·
honestly that tire doesn't look that bad. anytime you wear a tire down THAT MUCH, you are going to see a pattern that is less than perfect

I would not hesitate buying new tires before worrying about springs. they way I have the camber set in the front of my car, I could only hope, that if I let my tires get that bad (which I never would), that they would wear that evenly.

I know yours are the rears, but I'm just saying that I wouldn't sweat your camber

#11 ·
My rear was only about 1/2" too low (bad OEM springs) and my camber was -2.2,(bad)
After new (stock height) springs it's now -.6 or so, (good).
The spacers (rubbers) will do the trick until you replace your springs, all you probably need is a 1/2" or so raise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.