LS1GTO Forums banner

Sonoma raceway on Sunday Nov. 25th

7K views 215 replies 17 participants last post by  2004KID 
#1 · (Edited)
So I think weve got quite a few people on here that have been talking about this day to go racing in Sonoma.... Just thought I'd start a thread about it to get a head count and see what kind of turn out this event will bring. :burnout:

So far it the list is....
1. Me -pending if ray can make it out there,(tires and tune) looking good though.
2. Serg - no tires, racing other car
3. Colin - looking for 11's
4. Ike - 50/50 hoping he makes it
5. Jason - looking to break into the 12's
6. Young co-worker (Jason's friend)
7. Raul - needs to beat Fernando's new p.b. now
8. Fernando - watching and letting me borrow his diablo :)
9. Mystery guest looking for a p.b. as well...... Perhaps.....still waiting ...............
10. Mike - My buddy in the black g8gt
11. Ptroxx - c6 vette ls2 (thinking about it)

#67 ·
Thats right where I was at as well. Well 1.8s to 1.9s anyway. Still feel like if I did a better burnout a 1.7 was possible.

#69 ·
I am probably going to be at Sac racing Sat it looks like. I cant pull off two days racing in a row :bomb:

#70 ·
I'm gonna try and make it out tomorrow to sac and watch Ray and Colin tear the track up.

#71 ·
Wont it be raining ?

#72 ·
Ray (raygnicky) lives up in that area, and he is going to keep some of us posted on the rain. He is saying that there will be early morning rain but clearing by early afternoon. It will be a gametime decision... :)

I just looked my self and it says early am shower, then clearing so we shall see.

#74 ·
(916) 363-2653 is the number to call around noon to see if they will be running.

#77 ·
Thanks serge.. I will def. call that before I head on up there.

#75 ·
Only two Wednesday nights left at Sac for the year...

#78 ·
Happy 1000 to the biggest Post whore on this side of the mississippi !!!

Jason (jbo'sgoat !!!)

#85 ·
Wed night drags is cancelled tonight due to wet track conditions.

#86 ·
No way! Already ? Whats the purpose of having those heat blowing machines to dry a track since it stopped raining ?

#97 ·
Roll call?

I won't be racing the GTO as I don't have tires.

#98 ·
BTW, density altitude is forcasted to be in the negative 800 range in the AM on sunday... that plus a well prepped track = who wants new best times?

#100 ·
List updated

#99 · (Edited)
Good luck you guys, I am hoping for some decent weather Sat at Sac. We will see

Forecast for Sac is 65 degree high and DA from 500 non time to 900 by 4PM. Not bad really. No wind either.

#102 ·
#105 ·
:hbang: Nice..!

You still plan on going Colin ?

#108 ·
its $20 or $25 to race and $10 to watch

#113 ·
1 more day until we smell that sweet aroma of burnt rubber !!!
Hey Jason, why don't we just meet off the 580 rather then the 880 and just take that towards the bridge. I'm gonna pick up Jorge around 6:10 am. and will be in your neck of the woods around 6:35 or so.

#115 ·
I am going to bring a Torque wrench and a Battery powered impact gun, I can also bring stands if necessary. If you guys have any small suggestions better say something now.HP Tuners or wide band I will not have cause those are in the Goat in a storage facility in the trunk so SOL on those tools.

#117 ·
880 to 580 to an exit near you ....

#118 ·
Ok Impact tool , torque wrench and Cameras. I am ready to go tomorrow!

#119 ·
Be there bright and early with my triple shot latte... Jason do you need my to bring my helmet?

#120 ·
Thanks Serge I got one! Bring just in case, but I got one for the time. Jorge and Jeff go to bed by 9. Anyone wanna try my street tire drag radials Firestone wide ovals?

#122 ·
Final roll call before the track tomorrow? I will just be watching...

#123 ·
My stock 17 street tires the day the system was off and recorded my 1.81 supposedly on street tires(but really done on the toyos, to trick Jeff)

#126 ·
What class are most running in.... Trophy ??

#127 ·
You have two choices trophy or sportsman, or you can try and run both to get more runs in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.