LS1GTO Forums banner

Best spark plug/wire

18K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  jmd 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've got an 06 GTO with full exhaust and a tune putting down about 370 and I wanted to just get some QUICK suggestions on a good spark plug/wire. Im about to order some NGK plugs and MSD wires, but what do you think would be the best to get? Also, what gap? .055? Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Jay

#4 ·
Does it transmit spark? If so then for your needs it'll probably work. Get the ones with a lifetime discount at your local parts house. Are MSD wires worth the extra $30? I doubt it, and the extra $30 will go nice towards a K&N drop in.

-P

#5 ·
FireCore 50's FTW

#7 ·
Check out the wires that Hendrix sells, vendor on the left, same stuff they use on NASCAR, I won a set recently from them, super high quality, super large wire, very well built. Lifetime wires.

#8 ·
Just get the MSD wires and NGK plugs. Jump up to the NGK irridiums if you want, they're like $7-8 a piece I think. You can get the wires in Summit, prolly cheaper, plus they'll send you $10 in catalogs, bumperstickers, and junk mail. Unless of course you just want to say you have the most expensive wire/plug set up on LS2GTO.com.

#10 ·
I don't know if I'd use them wires with uncoated headers.

#14 ·
Did you take the heat shields off?

#16 ·
i gaped mine to .40... my msd and iridium combo is great.. ive heard a few bad things about jba's wires so i didn't purchase those however i dont have any personal experience with them so couldn't tell u for sure

#18 ·
Never touched the factory gap on my irridium plugs.

#17 ·
I had to take the heat shields off after the header instal because I was getting misfires. The heat shield was somehow shorting the spark to the header. Removed the heat shield, no more misfires. Replaced the wires to better handle the added heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.