LS1GTO Forums banner

QSM GOT NEW WHEELS

3K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  NITROS COBRA/GTO 
#1 ·
MY QSM WITH DR-37 DRAG BLACK WITH MACHINED FACE. What do you think? I did not want extreme bling and did not want stock silver.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice wheels there. Look good on the QSM.

#4 ·
How about a picture from farther away ? :)

#6 ·
I got three different size wheels to play with.

FRONTS: 17x7.5 42mm offset. 245 45 17. Fenders rolled fits perfect.

REARS: 18x8 40mm offset and 18x8.5 40mm offset. The 18x8 have 245 40 18. ( I agree to small.) The 18x8.5 going to try 265 or 275 40 18.

#14 ·
Bought three different sizes. 17x7.5, 18x8, and 18x8.5. I tried 17 and 18 in front, I like the 17 in front better then I also tried the 18x8 and 18x8.5 in the rear. Those 2 18's fit great but decided that a wider tire would be good for my build. Nothing wrong with the 18x8 at all though. Would like to run 265 or 275 on the 8.5's.

#13 ·
i never did really like that black and silver look on wheels. but it doesnt look terrible, would like to see better pics

#15 ·
I too am not a huge fan of black and silver. However, I have had so many mustang's silver with chrome and/or silver wheels. Got alittle tired of the look. So i researched the sizes of wheels that would fit and come up with these. I thought straight black was nice too. My first choice was gunmetal but they do not make a 8.5 in that color. Why i do not know. here are some of my mustang pics:

#17 ·
Here is a photo from my phone, kinda sucks but not that bad.

#29 · (Edited)
I would disagree, but then again all the info I have is Mustang based. I don't know how a properly set up SRA in a GTO works.

Plus it does not help that a GTO SRA is either quite involved or costs $$$.

I am NOT making this a GTO vs Mustang debate, but there is reason the new Boss 302 is not IRS.

#33 · (Edited)
As far as costs, Mustang 8.8 rear end (3.27) rotor to rotor is 150 bucks, solid arms 100 bucks, torque arm with panhard 400. Plus they have 3.27, 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, 3.90 gear selection.

I will agree that the Cobra irs sucks beyond belief. The gm version is much better, however when you add the upgraded axles, bushings, springs, shocks, hubs if needed, the many alignments, sway bars, etc. I would rather put a SRA in.

#30 ·
Ford said the reason they didn't put IRS in the new mustang is that is kept the cost down. The next gen mustang is coming with IRS.

#32 ·
ROLLED FENDERS TODAY. GOT AROUND 3/8" MORE ROOM IN FRONT. PULLED THEM OUT ALITTLE.

#35 ·
I kinda did factor the money, sell the IRS and there is your labor.

When i do it i will post pics, costs, etc.

#37 ·
Thanks,

Did decide to run the 18x8 in front and 18x8.5 in the rear. Got lots of room now with the fender roller. 245 40 18 tires front and 265 40 18 rears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.