LS1GTO Forums banner

Holden Ute may be new El Camino

6K views 50 replies 32 participants last post by  youngrushhour 
#1 ·
#2 ·
:popcorn2:

#4 ·
Screw it as a El Camino, bring it over as the HSV Maloo R8 with all the HSV goodies on it!

#7 ·
I've got two dream cars. One is the Pagani Huayra, the other is an HSV Maloo R8. It needs to come over here.

#8 ·
That will be my next Daily if it comes over to the states.

#9 ·
#11 ·
El Camino's FTW i loved/hated my 74 but i did first burnout's and doughtnuts in it so there are some good memories.

#14 ·
Well with them being Goverment Motors now, they will be able to get away with it.

#15 ·
:drool:

#19 ·
They've been teasing us with this ute since I first saw one at a GM sponsored event in 2001. I was set to buy one when the Pontiac truck was coming out. My Goat was paid for and I needed something to haul my dog (an english mastiff) in. I feel like this is another round or Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football. The Chevy Caprice front clip is not nearly as sharp looking as the Pontiac version and I'm not sure my (now elderly) dog will still be around IF they come through with it this time. A dozen years is a long time to wait for a vehicle that is already produced in another country. It's not like they have been developing a new product or anything.

#33 ·
The Cruze will go bye-bye for either one of those cars. Period.

#36 ·
Wait, the original Nomad was a 2-door wagon; they should call that thing something else (like they'd really import it though :D )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.