LS1GTO Forums banner

Magnaflow Tru X ????

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  cabikejumper 
#1 ·
I have some questions about this if anyone is running one or has run one. Will it fit in the 05 resonator position? Will it mellow out my spintech side exit a little?

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
when i put a magnaflow X in place of my bassani perforated X, it made it noticably louder and a tad more raspy.

#10 · (Edited)
I have the magnaflow Tru-X in front of Spintechs in the 04' position. My car is H/C/I, Kooks LT's w/ Catless mids. That muffler/X-pipe tamed the exhaust tremendously vs. my old H-pipe.

It should fit directly in place of the factory resonator.

Compare my video to any other Cammed/Catless/Spintech and you'll notice how much more metallic/raspy the normal X-pipe is vs. my Tru-X

Heres my setup at idle:

#14 ·
I have the magnaflow Tru-X in front of Spintechs in the 04' position. My car is H/C/I, Kooks LT's w/ Catless mids. That muffler/X-pipe tamed the exhaust tremendously vs. my old H-pipe.

It should fit directly in place of the factory resonator.

Compare my video to any other Cammed/Catless/Spintech and you'll notice how much more metallic/raspy the normal X-pipe is vs. my Tru-X

Heres my setup at idle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2-Q7TQD1RU&feature=plcp
What are the general specs on the cam. Sounds real nice!

#15 ·
Thanks!

Cam specs @ .050 are 231/235 .638 .638 LSA113

#16 ·
#13 ·
Hardly any drone, just nice a deep exhaust note from the exterior. I can get a vid with a few revs and post it up.

#17 · (Edited)
Yeah the cam needed to be gnarly to flow the heads. 268cc intake runners, full CNC'd runners and chambers, milled .025 and running a cometic .040 head gasket. Ed delivered on the cam, no doubt about it. Its a good sized cam for LS3 heads. The cars an absolute animal lol

#19 ·
Glad to help, I've been meaning to make a video with a few revs and a drive by, I'll try to get that tonight. The exhaust is really deep below 2K RPM, sounds very good and it doesn't drone at those RPM with the windows up. I can't imagine it would be too different with the side exit, the Tru-X will still cut the sound down to a sane level LOL I never thought I'd have a heads/cam catless setup in California, that should put into perspective that its not excessively loud.

#21 · (Edited)
I have the smallest one, I think its 14"....

Took these yesterday:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.