LS1GTO Forums banner

The Official Louisiana Herd Thread

893K views 17K replies 153 participants last post by  BRMike 
#1 ·
Yeah, I did it... I created this new :quoties:Official:quoties: O/T Thread.

It appears that there are more new owners in the area looking to join the herd. I thought it would be easier for new members to find. So, let this thread be the general talk thread for the LA Herd.

#13,798 ·
Not yet. Pulled the Trans this evening. Slave is destroyed. Everything else looks good. I posted pictures in my thread. Hopefully ill have time to put it back together this weekend.

#13,800 ·
New here from a small suburb north of baton rouge. I recognize stone cold's name from another local forum. Well I just picked up an 05 with a tad over 50, 000 miles. It has Kooks full length headers and Borla exhaust. The car is lowered some and will figure it out this weekend when I change the oil and inspect the brakes better.

#13,804 ·
First, welcome to the madness.
Second, 05 with Borla? Is it blue?
Third, I agree with the others, I no longer venture outside of this thread too much anymore. It just tends to piss me off reading everyone elses crap or I get dragged into defending Mitch in another thread fight. Its like his post automatically start the shit stirring pot. lol

#13,801 ·
Welcome Jimmy. Your more than welcome to bring the car by my house and I can tell you what all is done to it(suspension, or any other engine modification).

#13,806 ·
So, I ran a red new body Chevy truck(short bed, reg cab) last night on Airline in the Garyville area. Lowered, loud, tach on the driver side of dash, some sticker on back.....From 50ish rolls twice barely pulled on him. I'm guessing he wasn't stock, and I'm pretty much factory as factory can be(Volant CAI only).

#13,807 ·
And on another note, was invited to attend a dyno day at Lethal but had to work today.:bomb: On the way to work I see a west bound(I10) Crystal Red ZL1 with black rims, guess that is where he was going. Fuck! I bette make some money today.:banghead:

And Mike if you get a ZL1, get Crystal Red. It reminds me of my 04 cobra. Low, fat, and a badazz color.:turbonaug

#13,809 ·
Honestly I wouldn't even waste money on heads. You'll hav plenty enough trq with 243s and a mild cam. Heads would be a waste of money for that application IMO.

#13,814 ·
#13,818 ·
Would any of you guys happen to have a uncut ls2 fly wheel you wouldn't mind parting ways with. I think I may have found the reason why my clutch screams! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#13,823 ·
Sitting on the shelf..... Im working nights the next couple nights and will be busy through the weekend. We can work out something though.

Mitch...after driving the SS then the Goat I didn't even see what they would give me for it. I really didn't like the Camaro. You sit high and low, meaning it has an upright style like a Mustang, but everything is so high(doors, hood line, hood dome, etc....) that it makes it difficult to get a comfortable driving position. Door handles are at or below knee level, just lacks the flow of the GTO. Rearward vision is poor at best. Makes the GTO feel like a glass house. And for a car that is big, which it is, it really lacks usuable interior/trunk space. The GTO sits four adults in comfort, the Camaro would be like putting four adults in my Shelby(torture). And the trunks are equally as bad.
And this is the exact reaction I had. The cars ok but lacks in all usefulness period. There was nothing in that car that I felt was in the right place or flowed well or was easy to see/use. Hence the reason if I was to get another play toy it would be another GTO or G8 GXP.

#13,822 ·
Mitch...after driving the SS then the Goat I didn't even see what they would give me for it. I really didn't like the Camaro. You sit high and low, meaning it has an upright style like a Mustang, but everything is so high(doors, hood line, hood dome, etc....) that it makes it difficult to get a comfortable driving position. Door handles are at or below knee level, just lacks the flow of the GTO. Rearward vision is poor at best. Makes the GTO feel like a glass house. And for a car that is big, which it is, it really lacks usuable interior/trunk space. The GTO sits four adults in comfort, the Camaro would be like putting four adults in my Shelby(torture). And the trunks are equally as bad.

#13,857 ·
I didn't think I would like the Camaro either. But, after driving enough of them, dropped the ball and bought one for my girl. We drive it every day to work. I sit nicely in it, she is only about 4' 11", so she does have a bit of trouble seeing out, as compared to the Sky she had before. Once the mirrors are properly adjusted, there are no blind spots. The rear shelf has been redesigned for 2013 to give more rearward vision out the back window. As for the trunk, I promise you, I can fit more stuff in the Camaro than was ever possible in the Goat, the rear seats do fold down, not possible on the Goat with the fuel tank in the way. Who uses the rear seats in a pony car for passengers anyway. There is only the two of us, so that situation is a moot point. High window frame yes, but the days of hanging your arm out the window for knuckle dragging are over, can't do it in a Vette either for the one that brought up the idea of waiting for a Z06.

#13,825 ·
Im actually thinking of selling my car and getting a G8 GT. Im getting a lot of miles on the GTO now, and ive always wanted a G8. Now that the prices have gone down, and I have a DD im going to put my car up for sale and take my time and look for a low mileage G8 GT.

#13,826 ·
Problem with selling a GTO is nobody wants to give jack for one. I wouldn't trade mine even swap for my brothers 2012 convertible SS. Thats a car that was built for a look not a function. I think I'm gonna hold on to mine for a couple more years until I can swing a Z06.

#13,827 ·
Has anyone on here installed any of the SScs Gauges and pod? There's some for sale in the sale section that look like new but I here they are a PITA to install.

#13,829 ·
I have the SCSS dash pod. It looks good but after a while it warped. They claim its because i didn't trim the plastic right, but i know that's bullsh*t. I trimmed everything that they say needed trimming and even then i went back at took a little more. In the end, i just think its that not all pods are equal. Maybe it has more to do with how much time your car spends in the sun than anything.

Day of install.

2 years later.

Either way, its looks 100 times better than any of the other choices out there.

#13,832 ·
I have the SCSS dash pod. It looks good but after a while it warped. They claim its because i didn't trim the plastic right, but i know that's bullsh*t. I trimmed everything that they say needed trimming and even then i went back at took a little more. In the end, i just think its that not all pods are equal. Maybe it has more to do with how much time your car spends in the sun than anything.

Day of install.

Have I already asked in the past? 97 Pacific Green Cobra in the background? Eventually I'd like to get another 96-97 Cobra. Just a fun car to beat on.

#13,835 ·
Merry Christmas to all my Louisana friends!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.