LS1GTO Forums banner

Maggie ..UPP......or Procharged

6K views 92 replies 34 participants last post by  Hendrix-Engineering 
#1 · (Edited)
ok well im deployed in afghanistan right now and when i get home ill have a nice chunk of change to blow on my phantom6.0 heres the prob i want to stay as leagal as possible if not oh well , and the GTO is my daily driver ....so i want fun everyday driver with shit tone of power ..money is not a issue on what kit i buy just want reliable power and somthing that i can drive to and from work and to the track every other weekdnd with no issues....as of now i have a FAST102, Varram orcai ,kooks 17/8 longtubes high flow cats, spintech cat back B&m short throw Tick racing clutch master, Preditor 3 hand held tune... so with what i already have im not sure the way to go .... the motor is bone stock i want a Cam, heads, prolly Fgd pistons to handle the boost and i want to get new clutch and new axles and drive shaft......i have only delt with N/A cars so boost is a new concept for me .....i know maggie has heat issues but raw tq...procharger D1sc is good but pointless to crank high boost unless motor is built for it .....UPP turbo kit just looks like a major pain in the ass.....so any help on making my choice will help greatly and if you have any other idias for me feel free to give me input ......i want as close to 600RWHP as possible and daily driver friendly.....thanks guys

#2 ·
ALL THREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You could have a maggie to spool the UPP to spin twin F3Rs to make the powa. On a stock motor with just valve springs & pushrods lol. Honestly with a Maggie you just install it and forget it. Eaton Superchargers have been installed on tons of cars from the factory and are completely reliable. You could get a TVS1900/2300 & cam. Make 8psi and around 600rwhp without having to buy heads.

#4 · (Edited)
Its funny I am deployed too but not really, I am in Qatar. Look up ETMC Stage two cam. The maggie is very forgiving with cam choice. I have a 232/234 with a 113 LSA, not ideeal for boost but it sounds great at idle.
I know Jon just put a Comp Roots blower in his GTO and it is a 239/243, jon told me its pretty damn choppy, his is making 603rwhp with boltons, cam, & TVS1900
Sorry I am on the work computer but these threads have vids of my car at idle and driving.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418441&highlight=

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418418&highlight=

oh yeah here is the ETMC stg 2 cam

http://www.easttexasmusclecars.com/products/gto/engine/blower2.htm

#27 ·
^ that plus charger cars suck the hell out of the gas even while just driving normal down interstate, in traffic, at idle...ect. Turbo car will only suck the gas while under boost or just when you want it too

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
Do what,runs out of what where,when,how ??????????

I'll try to get my dyno graph and post it up.Mine lines run straight from 2000 rpms to 6800 rpm red line with zero loss of anything and I only have a 1900 Maggie.This thing would probably go to 7200 if I pushed it that hard.Running a Comp LS1 blower cam 595/608.forgot the other specs,card is laying around here somewhere.

#7 ·
If you are still deployed, just wait and see if the new Maggie will be available when you get back. If not, then I would consider all three. I would like to see how the UPP turns out just out the box without having to do this or that. All three would get you to close 600rwhp. Some would take out farther.

#9 ·
:mswerd: The maggie will be the most reliable, I suggest getting to drive or ride in a goat with each one. I had a room mate with a Steggy ported blower cobra and was sold on going to a roots blower.

#11 ·
yea im leaning more to the maggie right now ....i should be back in the states in may so ill check out the new maggie if available ... i do a small bit of 1/4 mile runs here and there but nothing major and a highway spert once and a while.. i never plan on selling it so the build is never done.. i just dont want to drop 8k on a system and not like it .. i wish i could roll in sombodys GTO with forced induction but with all the goats i know and all the meets ive been to ive only seen 2 cars 1 maggie 427 and one stock 6.0 procharged in person so im kinda going to be the only GTO around (that i know of) super/turbo ...unless anyone here does and live in the Fort Campbell TN area..?

#12 ·
If I were you I would also look into a used APS. They are good to more than 600hp, I think someone on here made 900hp with a built motor and fuel. Drives like stock when not in boost.

#13 ·
If you want something closest to instal and forget that would be a Maggie. Except you'll be reminded its there once you mash the pedal. The best option for a daily IMO. Like others have said there's a reason performance cars come with a PD blower.

#14 ·
As someone who actually owns or owned one of each. My vote for a daily driver is the maggie. I love the way my turbo setup sounded but changing it out now for a f1c procharger now. Only reason for my change is to make more power. My o4 has a tvs 1900 and its a very reliable car even with me beating the ever living shit out of it every single time its fired up.

#18 ·
Maggie 2300 for me. I make 600rwhp with a stage one EMTC blower cam. If u want a sleeper that's the set up. U can barely Tell there is a cam nor blower until u get on it and even then it's hard to here the blower.
But traction can be an issue.

#20 ·
thanks for the input guys .....its gona be the TVS 1900 maggie i dont think i need the 2300 i mean 600+ is plenty for what im doin i dont see myself needing anymore for what i do as a daily/ weekend track car. Now i gotta figure out what Camshaft to get and what heads to get with the most power output..i know i dont need the heads but why not i have the $$$....

#23 ·
I wouldnt get the 1900 when you can get the 2300 for a little more.If we can help you out with your choice and get you a great deal on a 2300 give us a call.We have the Eldelbrock 2300 for the same price as the Magnason 1900 and we may have even a cheaper 2300 option in the future.Give us a call and we can go over some options.

#21 ·
and im not sure if anyone here lives near Vengeance racing GA but im 7 hours from them and wondering if they are worth the trip for a Dyno tune?? gonna trailer the GTO there so i dont hurt the car with the new Maggie and fresh heads n cam....

#22 ·
Having had a Maggie in the past, I can tell you that it will leave you wanting more. Yeah it's got instant torque, but are you pulling a trailer or something. It's hard enough to get traction with these cars as it is. Don't know if you watch the FS section but there is a reason Maggie's always come up for sale.

#25 ·
With a 1900, pulley changes and a intake I was making like 496 and the power was still climbing at 6600rpm. I didn't even have headers. The 1900 will not run out of steam in any usable configuration.

If I was doing it again I would do the edelbrock or new maggie as they don't have the rear belt which for me caused belt slip, and a cam that took away a little tq and helped up top as the torque I made was unusable without a minitub.

#26 ·
It sounds like you care about the sound a little bit.

You will NOT be able to beat the sound of a cammed, ProCharged V8, with long tubes.

I had a Maggie previously and the torque down low was fun at first, but got old real quick. I enjoy the linear powerband of the centrifugal more than spin city on street tires with the Maggie.

#31 ·
I have to say the sound part is very subjective as I came within an inch of buying a cammed, procharged long tubed GTO recently to replace my wrecked maggied GTO and it was the sound at idle that actually made me step away as I just couldn't handle the noise from the procharger for a daily driver. I have a Paxton Novi 2000 on my V-10 Excursion and I always thought I would like that type of power delivery with a traction limited GTO and I figured the sound would be similar but the Procharger whine at idle was so much louder and I did not think I could live with it, it's a shame as it was a really nice car. I have always liked a sleeper I guess so now I am buying a twin turbo GTO that gives no hint of whats under the hood. Maybe its an age thing as 25 years ago I might of thought that was an awesome sound.

#29 · (Edited)
Ive been on the same sturggle, but only for years lol. I like the maggie because of how easy it is to put on. I should of grabbed up a TVS1900 when they were only around $5,200. Makes it harder for me to want to buy one these days with the new prices...

I havent seen much UPP info, still nothing for the 2004's I dont want to pay the price and risk having my car down for weeks, while issue are hammered out.

I found a deal on a new procharger (tuner kit), D1 for $5,700 shipped. Right now procharger is offering an "up to $500 rebate" also, whatever the hell that means. So that might be the route I go, but I got to decide soon lol because the rebate is about to end.

I know I sound like a cheap ass, but I deal in cash, no living on credit for me..

#30 ·
Our procharged GTO gets the same gas milage as our stock GTO.

The only reason you get worse MPG is because boost is addicting and your always getting on it.

Stay out of it and you will get decent MPG.

#32 ·
maybe at idle i doubt it does on the road unless your just lugging but idk. does yours not hit boost as soon as you touch the gas? my 03 cobra hit boost if i hit the petal with my big toe. i hate muffstains tho.

once you go with a proper turbo setup you wont even consider anything else on any engine. superchargers shove in hot air, prochargers are better, turbo is the real deal but it's not as easy to get one setup right.

#33 ·
Twin screw, or you're mom's a whore.

#35 ·
Hey Mr. Grammer! You're = you are and a possessive context of Mom? You are slipping.

Maggie for reliability and instant torque. Procharger for more power with off the line traction. Turbo if you like to do a lot of tinkering.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#34 ·
#38 ·
Really?!
(Knew) .... I'm just saying .... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.