LS1GTO Forums banner

Few updates on my sh*tbox

875 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Blackest SRT Ever 
#1 ·
Things that should not be found in your oil pan:

Verdict from Comp was that the cam was too aggressive for a daily driver, it would have been perfect if my motor was in a road race car that never saw below 3k rpm. They spec'd me out a cam that's a tiiiiiny bit smaller, on a bit wider LSA, and on a lobe profile that's a lot softer off and on the seat. Old cam was 251/255 .623/.623 108LSA on LSL lobes, the new one is 250/254 .615/.615 110LSA on LXL lobes.

Got the crank put back in Monday, haven't had a chance to work on it since due to school and getting everything for TeamLS1's heads/cam install this weekend, but I should have the motor back together and in the car by the end of tomorrow, and back on the road by Sunday:pimp:

See less See more
#3 ·
Damn that's ugly. You may want to consider building a backup engine so you can do a 3 hour swap every week or two. I've only been able to drive mine about 80 miles since GF cuz of failed parts.

#4 ·
ive been thinking alot lately about changing out my cam to get off the XER lobes. i really dont need something quite as aggressive since it doesnt see a whole lot of High RPM load anymore.

#6 ·
Fuck it, might as well do another short update while I'm on here

Getting a lot closer to being done. Almost done with everything on the motor, FedEx should be dropping off my Joe Gibbs break-in oil while I'm at school today. Also got the 0 gauge wire run from alternator->battery and battery -> stereo in rear, and a second 4ga ground from battery -> motor. Still have to do a few things here and there, but hopefully she'll be running tomorrow.

#11 ·
When you daily drive a car with a 402ci motor that has over 130k miles, a stereo system that needs wires that you really can't hide, etc....come talk to me. Until then, keep being slow up in Kansas with your pretty engine bay. I'll still be on my quest for power, my hood probably still won't match the rest of my car, and I still won't really care what my car/under my hood looks like :pimp:
yea austin definitely subscribes to function over form
hahah.
Quoted for troof.
Looks like a magnet with needle bearings and metal shavings stuck to it, G.
Also quoted for troof.

#8 ·
yea austin definitely subscribes to function over form
hahah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.