LS1GTO Forums banner

FAST injectors???

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  2000ssilver 
#1 ·
I am adding some RHS 205cc heads a FAST 92mm intake, NW92 TB, Comp 227/235, 614/621, 113 cam, LS7 lifters (or Comp OE lifters), new lifter trays and an 85mm MAF to my combo already in sig. I am having a hard time picking injectors. Anyone have any experience with the FAST injectors? My tuner doesn't particularly care for them but I found a set of 36's local for a good deal. What do you think or what would you guys recommend?

#2 ·
Go with an injector where the data is readily available. I don't mean just IFR. I do not believe FAST gives you data with their injectors, so you're tuner would just be setting IFR and the incorrect injector data will get baked in your fueling tables.

Examples would be ford red tops, siemens 60 lbers, LS3 injectors with adapters (these are nice because they are 42 lb/hr and the data is on any GM ls7/ls3 tune).

I would go with the ls3 with adapters. FIC sells the adapters. Been running them on my car for 18 months with no issues.

#5 ·
...LS3 injectors with adapters (these are nice because they are 42 lb/hr and the data is on any GM ls7/ls3 tune).
I would go with the ls3 with adapters. FIC sells the adapters. Been running them on my car for 18 months with no issues.
That would be my first choice too for the same reasons you stated. Until...
They will only need the Bosch to EV6 adapters?? They will work with the 92 and my factory LS1 fuel rails? Thanks
He reminded me he was an LS1. I'm not really a fan of any adapters on injectors but one at the rail and another at the wiring connection...:confused: At some point you have to believe there is a better fit. Do the Ford injectors have EV6 connections :dunno:

As far fitting your FAST with LS1 rails, there are so many combinations of intakes, injectors, and rails out there now, who can keep up with what works with what. If you get some aftermarket rails and are willing to fab your own brackets it will give you more options to run something without any adapters. Injector height will no longer be a concern.

#3 ·
Yeah the LS3's are one of two that he suggested. They will only need the Bosch to EV6 adapters?? They will work with the 92 and my factory LS1 fuel rails? Thanks

#8 · (Edited)
Why not get 42# green top Bosch. Proven performers for the LS1 and most tuners already have lots of experience with 'em.

#11 ·
I never said my tuner couldn't tune injectors, I said he prefers some over others and as others have eluded to, injector data is more readily available for some brands and models than others. My tuner has tuned all 6 of my LS based vehicles with great results and no problems. I think I will stick with him, thanks.

I will be using the Ford Racing injectors with a EV1/EV6 adapter.

Thanks for everyones input and I will post numbers and results after the install. Can't wait!!!

#12 ·
The right Ford injector don't require an adapter (hint hint green tops).

#13 ·
I will check it out batboy thanks!!

#14 ·
I also had bosch green top 42's that i was able to program myself, data is available on the net. try searching hptuners or efilive forum, the data your looking for is out there, you just have to look/ask for it

#15 ·
On a tip (hint batboy) I learned that the Bosch green 42# injectors will work perfect with no adapters needed, already the EV1 style plug. Seems like the height is exact and will fit the factory fuel rails. Going with a new set of those now.

#16 ·
The green top Bosch (Ford) injectors are what I use on my LS1--they were plug and play (I have a FAST 90).

#18 ·
That's what I'm going with. Thanks man

Only thing is the ford injectors require the data to be interpolated if using the Greg Banish data.

I wrote software that does this automatically and spits it out into a spreadsheet that you can copy right into HPTtuners with :)
Good to know. I will let my tuner know if he doesn't already. He is a fan of them and enjoys tuning the Fords.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.