LS1GTO Forums banner

New Interior Eye Candy

2K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  erock 
#1 ·
Installed my new Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges in the SCSS Gator pod yesterday. I am very pleased so far. Fit and finish on the pod is perfect. The minor trimming on the console was simple with my dremel. Only part that sucked was my dumbass dropping a screw in the dash that took 30 minutes and a little ingenuity to get out. Gauges were a plug and play and seem to do everything as advertised. Scrolling thru the menus for set up is kind of a pain but I shouldn't have to do that again. I ordered the satin bezels and black faces with the GTO logos. I think it really completes the interior and looks like they belong.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!

My GTO was built in May of 2006, so I didn't have the optional plug for the gauges. I bought a stock plug from a GTO that had one, but later chose not to splice it into my harness. I'm really not too good when working with electronics, and I usually have negative luck when working with them, so I opted-out.

#3 ·
Aeroforce gauges plug into the OBD-II port under the dash. All cars have it.

#13 ·
That looks awesome, I gotta get a setup like that.

#15 ·
Thanks guys. Im liking these more after a few days of driving with them. The shift light is awesome but still surprises me lol.

#18 ·
Ha. Changed my background today.

#19 ·
Maryland speed, vendor over on the left.

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
I like how it's backlit green like the instrument cluster, although a little brighter (maybe just pic)? not into more "GTO" in the car, but the red matches your cluster, so that's cool.

Wouldn't mind something like that, but not even going to ask the price, lol....Can this work on 2004's also, being they are non-CAN, or maybe that doesn't make a difference here, hopefully?

#25 ·
#28 ·
So far this is not true. Mine have been in the Texas heat everyday since installed and I have not noticed any fade or washout on the displays.

#31 ·
Ooooohhh, very jelly on the gauges man, getting a set of those soon, myself. While we are on the topic of interior eye candy, let your titty googlers feast on this here ebay Australia find that showed up on my doorstep the other day:

#33 ·
Oh, I have one already, I just couldn't pass up a second that came WITH the HSV airbag and the illuminated buttons.
Here's the one I already have:

I agree, this thing feels just a good and familiar in my meat beaters as my....huh wut? :secret:

Like that mirror you have, is that the Gentex or whatever they call it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.