LS1GTO Forums banner

OK Goat Herd forum?

48K views 968 replies 45 participants last post by  W-T GTO 
#1 ·
The last coouple days i've tried going to the page and I get an Internal Error page. Anyone else having issues?

Thanks...

#668 ·
Can we all do a BWW or Twin Peaks before end of year? Would like to get to know some of the newer guys... How about like around December 29th? Its been awhile since last GTG.

#674 ·
Last night...

So last night, as I am leaving my mom/dads (two houses down), the guy that lives next me is in the oilfield business. He has a LOT of people that stay at his house, I assume to help him pay for ren...i don' tknow. Anyhow, one of the guys there owns a chopper handlebar style harley. Thing is soooooo freakin' loud. He lets his buddy get on it to ride it, who has never ridden one like that before, and who has been drinking to take it for a ride. Guy gets on, starts it and cuts across my parents grass to the street. I am standing there, like "umm WTF??" He then takes off down the street - 1st gear max RPM, Shift, rev it, 2nd gear max RPM - - hold it there. Gets a ways down the street and i hear the wonderful sound of scraping, banging, and general chaos. And then silence. I yell an the guys in the garage and tell em their buddy just laid the bike over and it didn't sound good. They go rushing down there. about that time, i see some headlights pull up close to where he went down at. And I hear someone asking him if he is ok. Yep, was my wife. I thought, "I hope he didn't hit her".
Turns out, he got "scared by her lights" and turned into the curb after losing control. I went down afterwards to measure his skid marks....57 feet, then impact curb , then another 23 feet to hit a mailbox, then his body demonstrated flight another 17 feet to hit a van parked in the street. Where was my wife when all this started? Another 8 houses down...When she saw him wipe out, she stopped, then pulled forward and stopped further away from him. Lady who owns the house where he hit her mailbox came out, smelled the alcohol and just got his plate. he wsa begging her not to call the cops. Guy across the street has 3 video cams all facing street and got the whole thing on video.
At first I was worried that he was going to try and say that wife caused him to wreck, but after seeing the video, and not seeing ANY approaching headlights anywhere unti lhe stopped flying through the air, and even then, wife walks into scene, i ain't worried. Drunk driver+harley motorcycle+going too fast+having never ridden that bike=Bad combo.
Wife was 435 feet from him, on her side of the road when he finally stopped going through the air,

How fast do you think he was going in order to skid that far, impact a curb, then slide/fly the rest of the way?

#678 ·
Just came back and just installed 2 k of goodies today. I'm for sure down for twin peaks... bewbs!!!!! The birkas were getting old to look at lmao

Those headlights come with hids as well

#679 ·
are they oem headlights with a kit installed or aftermarket? been thinking of upgrading to hids. especially since its fairly cheap and easy to install. but i also kinda want halo's. havent heard great things about the spyder setup, and that seems to be all i can find without having to bake the headlights.

still trying to decide on the tail light armor. i do want em, just dont know if they are dark enough for what i want.

so what did ya install? thats always exciting

#689 ·
They never showed even after the lady called them. Probably just took report over phone and gave her number. I will try and creep a pic of the bike today when i am over there shootin the breeze with the main guy of the house.

#695 ·
Do any of you cool sum bitches work at the ATC transmission plant on Reno and Morgan Rd.?? My old man retired from there a year and a half ago and was just recently telling me of a dude he worked with that had a pretty damn nice "red GTO". He also said that the dude lives up here in my area of Ghetto Edmond, 164th and Penn. I think the dude sold the GTO and bought some kind of big ass, souped up diesel pick up.

Does anyone know who this might be? I'm just wondering out of sheer curiosity.

#699 ·
Aftermarket kit. DDM tuning was the kit and their customer service is on point

#702 ·
Today the wife and I drove down to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and did some hiking/F-16 watching/car pictures/Meersburgers...nom nom nom. It was amazing out! We were on top of Elk Mountain climbing around and all of a sudden three F-16's(I'm assuming due to my limited fighter knowledge) started running patterns in large circles around the peak so that was cool. After that, the wife amused me by taking some pictures of the car. Then we were off to get some longhorn burgers. It was my first Meersburger experience and I will be returning for sure!

The weekend after Thanksgiving my father and I did the 100k check-up on the car (it's at 101,500 now :cry: ). Apart from changing fluids, fixing coolant and power steering fluid leaks, and a few other regular maintenance things we threw on the Megan Racing coil overs I got. I'm looking to get a front set of BC's when I have some more funds free, but we still threw on the back set and adjusted them accordingly. Here are a few pictures from today that the wife took with the new rear suspension. Looking at the photos I need a front "splitter" and tint the bumper side markers. Monaro side markers were on from the previous owner, so that just means I need a Monaro bumper!

It'll have MOAR low when I get BC's for the front and adjust the rear

I realized I overcooked these just a tad haha

#703 ·
if/when i get an hid kit ill probably go through my guy that took care of me for my maxima. i was happy with it. had an 8000k kit with that, but ill likely go with 6 on this one. i liked the color, but if it was raining i couldnt see for shit.

ride is looking good OU! love those tails, and the stance is nice. ive always been partial to black cars.

#709 ·
Reminds me of that setup in the movie "shooter", but that one was joystick operated. Kinda takes the fun out of it if you hit the bullseye every single time, and you can't rapid fire it. Still pretty cool though...

#708 ·
Ya i hate the traffic around here this time of year. My gym is right by the mall so its always a pain trying to get in and out.

Timing is just about right. Just finished lunch with the fam and its nap time for my wild children too. Probly be over your way in a bit

#713 ·
Sooooooooo... I need some help from you guys. I placed an advertisement in the Oklahoman a week or so ago, but I'm not getting many replies. Can you guys take a look at this and see what I need to re-word in order to get more "traffic" and replies? :scratch:

Thanks in advance...

#720 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.