LS1GTO Forums banner

Installed my DDM 55w 5,000k kit last night

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  87LC2 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm pleased so far. I'll have to clean up the install though. I got the relay along with the kit and couldn't be more pleased.

^No they don't glare that much it's my GS3's lens and the angle. To look at them dead on they look like the pic above.

Pics and video are before adjustment. They seem like they are slow to warm but this was their first firing. *Yes that is a highway you're hearing, my building is right next to a mix master*

FYI - I ordered last Wednesday, they shipped from China on Friday, and arrived here in Dallas on Wednesday.

See less See more
1 2
#2 ·
mine have gotten faster at firing as they have aged as well.

i dont recall it ever being THAT slow, but it shouldnt be an issue.

#3 ·
It's a moot point honestly, my headlights fire when I unlock my car. By the time I walk to it they should be fully warmed. I've got to adjust them tonight so I don't blind people on the way home.

#5 ·
It's our wiring mang.... I've killed 2 decent quality kits already. This time I'm running the relay though.

#6 ·
ive been running mine for 4 years from DDM with no issues. 55 watt kit too. they both fire off every time.

saras on the other hand, doesnt. have to run the relay kit.

#7 ·
Glad they worked out for you. I wouldn't blame the wiring for failures.

However for lulz, try googling DDM tuning prick

#12 ·
Because DDM?

#9 ·
Every time I lose a ballast or bulb it is the passenger side. :dontknow: I've never burned up one of these kits so we'll see. I may just buy some extras.

#13 ·
Only turned them off and on so to show brightness. I aimed them this weekend. Holy Bright!

#15 · (Edited)
My 55W 4300K headlights from DDM fired up, but they weren't as bright as they should have been, and were very yellowish, infact they were dimmer than my stock headlights. I had tried everything to figure why this was, but to no avail. DDM's customer service was below satisfactory. They stopped answering my calls or emails when the first couple steps of troubleshooting didn't work.

I was also running the relay wiring harness and had replaced my battery with an Optima high output battery. They offered to send replacement bulbs and ballasts, but only if I took mine off my car and sent them back to them out of my own pocket, and payed for the shipping cost for the replacements. Meanwhile my daily driver for college would be without headlights the entire time, (broke the stockers upon installation, DOH!). So much for lifetime warranty.

#19 ·
My 55W 4300K headlights from DDM fired up, but they weren't as bright as they should have been, and were very yellowish, infact they were dimmer than my stock headlights. I had tried everything to figure why this was, but to no avail. DDM's customer service was below satisfactory. They stopped answering my calls or emails when the first couple steps of troubleshooting didn't work.

I was also running the relay wiring harness and had replaced my battery with an Optima high output battery. They offered to send replacement bulbs and ballasts, but only if I took mine off my car and sent them back to them out of my own pocket, and payed for the shipping cost for the replacements. Meanwhile my daily driver for college would be without headlights the entire time, (broke the stockers upon installation, DOH!). So much for lifetime warranty.
so it is their fault you broke the stock bulbs?

i know this is going to come as a surprise, but there are dishonest people in the world who say something is broken to get replacements sent out to them and never send back the defective part.

#16 ·
^Did you use the relay?

#17 ·
Yes, I did use the relay harness

#20 ·
I read he was without head lights because he somehow broke the stock bulbs when removing them. And he is mocking the DDM "lifetime warranty" because you have to send the defects back first, and on your dime.

I could be wrong though.

Standard H11's are pretty common, so $15 for bulbs to drive at night isn't out of the question. I have a set of regular bulbs incase my HID shit the bed. You never know.

#23 ·
Dropping stock bulbs back in should take no time at all, swap HID bulbs for H11, unplug factory harness from HID ballast and plug into H11. Done.

Not trying to be a dick, I feel you on the shitty customer service, but I wouldn't let a crappy HID kit keep me from driving my goat.

Passenger side sucks a little, but just loosen the battery and shove it aside. 13mm socket and extension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.