LS1GTO Forums banner

CT Meetup - Tilted Kilt Sun Jan 20th

8K views 139 replies 17 participants last post by  chips gto 
#1 ·
Where? Tilted Kilt Pub. Basically Hooters, but the girls wear short kilts.
http://www.tiltedkilt.com/
Wethersfield
1151 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 6109
860- 257-8458

When?
Sunday January 20th 1pm.
Typically these last 2-3 hours. Should be done by 4pm at the latest.

Seriosly. Who could pass this up?
Beer. Wings. Food. And this could be our waitress.

So who's going?

See less See more
#3 ·
Im in depending on the weather.

This place is WAY better than hooters!! Hooters food is god awful!!!

#5 ·
I don't think any of us ever went to Hooters for the food lol.
I went for the show. That's it, never been to any but the one on the pike for the show.
....of course the waitresses were a nice bonus. :D

#4 ·
In........

#6 ·
She can tilt her kilt, I'll tilt my hilt!

ie....I'm in.

#23 ·
Screw the GTO, he's staying in the garage, the pickup will get the pleasure of sitting in the parking lot. And I'll face it so it can see the Tilted Kilts, lol, lol!!!!

Sure, I'll be there.. I have to do an evaluation. Watching the YouTube clips of the show the place appears to be much more upscale than Hooter's.
We can make up some score sheets, and rate the Kilts as they go by, hehehe......

ROK :rules:

#21 ·
Tilted Kilt NJ

Wow the Tilted Kilt on rt 18 Brunswick Square Mall did not disappoint.......much better than Hooters. Wishing everyone a Great New Year.

#29 ·
NEW MEMBER GUYS!!!!! :gears:

Hey Moe, Welcome to the Herd. You are now part of G.O.N.E. [ GTO's OF the NORTH EAST!!!! ]

Hell yeah, come on down!!! Wethersfield is only like 30-45 minutes or so from Agawam. It's right off exit 24 on I-91S. It's a straight shot with only two turns, one off the highway and one into the parking lot, lol, lol!!!! Hope to meet and see you there!!!!

ROK :thumbs:

#31 ·
Originally Posted by Ironmn715--> Thanks man! I am truly enjoying driving this car and very happy that despite its age there is still a thriving community surrounding it. I will be taking my BBM 04 M6. Still bone stock!

I ordered a SSOTRCAI from WCS but I have yet to get in my hands. I am hoping the time is closer to 3-4 weeks than the 6-8 week horror stories I have heard about.

'Moe

You're welcome 'Moe, and I bet your enjoying your GTO!!!!! You'll find there IS a New Age GTO community just about anywhere you go!! Our North East Section has been pretty busy with visitors from around the world!! And you couldn't find a better class of people anywhere else. We are ALL car enthusiasts that will have no problem helping a fellow owner out!!!

Enjoy and have fun reading all the threads. There a wealth of information here, the search function is an invaluable tool when you have a question. And there's more info here than anywhere else on the web or the world, hehehe!!

Have fun and be safe,
ROK

#32 ·
I have been posting on the GTO forum but man that place is like a dive bar or something. You get views 25+ on a thread and ZERO responses.

I am pretty stoked to find a car community closer to the Bike/MC community I had been a part of a few years ago. We need a legit car club in these parts...

'Moe

#34 ·
New member here as well, although I used to attend GONE meets with my friend James, (BIRDMAN) with the black 04 m6. Finally able to buy my own last summer. I am looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing your cars, I have not met a single GTO owner other than Ed at Mongillo since I have owned the car.

#36 ·
First meet i ever went to i met BIRDMAN, good guy!!

#38 ·
Mongillo Motors (Pro Edge Tuning) seems pretty good, i went to the shop to see it for myself as i am looking to get some work done.

As for the others, Yes, James was in the Navy and still is, He still has his GTO. I do recall meeting several people at Moodus. I still remember how James was constantly paranoid someone was going to shoot his car! hahahahah

Glad to have my own GTO now, have wanted one since they day they came out.

#41 ·
I am going to weld in my own cats. Even with welding in my own cats and I way cheaper than the $564.95 Maryland speed has the JBA catted mids listed at. In fact with the money save welding in my own cats I will have almost half of the shorty headers in savings.

My plan is to stock pile some parts for a bit. I kind of want to install the mids as is but don't want to jack up the car by not having it tuned after the install. So I will attempt to exercise some measure of patience and install the mids and headers and then get a tune. With this tuning shit I can say I miss the old days of pre computer controlled cars. Installing headers and mids with a tune is easily $1,000 adventure the way I see it.

I am going to hit up East Coast Swappers on Monday and dyno the Goat in stock trim and talk to them about tuning etc... They are 13 miles from me in Windsor Locks and have a great rep amongst WRX guys like my brother in law. They have a guy that tunes with HP tuners they can bring in so I will see where their price is and go from there. I dig the idea of not driving far on an untuned car!

'Moe

#45 ·
I am going to weld in my own cats. Even with welding in my own cats and I way cheaper than the $564.95 Maryland speed has the JBA catted mids listed at. In fact with the money save welding in my own cats I will have almost half of the shorty headers in savings.

My plan is to stock pile some parts for a bit. I kind of want to install the mids as is but don't want to jack up the car by not having it tuned after the install. So I will attempt to exercise some measure of patience and install the mids and headers and then get a tune. With this tuning shit I can say I miss the old days of pre computer controlled cars. Installing headers and mids with a tune is easily $1,000 adventure the way I see it.

I am going to hit up East Coast Swappers on Monday and dyno the Goat in stock trim and talk to them about tuning etc... They are 13 miles from me in Windsor Locks and have a great rep amongst WRX guys like my brother in law. They have a guy that tunes with HP tuners they can bring in so I will see where their price is and go from there. I dig the idea of not driving far on an untuned car!

SNIP from another Moe post; The guys at Mongillo Motors offer LIFETIME tuning for GM guys! How awesome is that!

Really stoked for the meet! My son Aidan say he wants to come as well.

'Moe
Oh I agree getting everything ready and then install them all at once. It cuts down time and you'll get a true tune without going in every time you add something. I was wondering why you're going with Short Headers? It will cut your HP/TQ down a bit. Plus I'm not sure what else happens, but usually people that put shorty headers in, is because of the emissions or something along those lines. If it's price, then I can understand, what cat back are you getting, if any?

And sure, bring your son, he knows what's going on, oh wait, how old is he, lol???

I spoke to Ed and Billy, as well as Nick. Actually got a ride in the turbo G8 too.

I really dont talk to James that often as he is usually under way etc etc. but last time i spoke to him, everyone was good.
Yeah those guys are great at Mongillo's!! And that Turbo G8 is wild, but the 2004 twin turbo rear mounted Yellow Missile GTO Ed has/had, would scare the crap out of you!!! You'll be kissing the ground when you get out of it after a ride, lol, lol.

Good for James for staying in for as long as he has!!! And good to hear everyone's well too, thanks!!

ROK :)

#46 ·
He is 10 and loves cars. So he kind of has a clue but wants to learn more!

Shorties...the biggest deterent from the JBA LTs is the increase install time. Also Dustin over at JBA flat out told me using THEIR Lts that I am at most leaving 5 maybe 10 HP on the table and that would only be if I was making big power.

"If you are planning on doing a stroker motor or a HUGE heads and cam package then I would recommend LT’s. The Shorty and mid-pipes combo will make 420-450rwhp with a small heads and cam package and will drive like stock. On your stock car you are leaving NOTHING on the table and once you start modding you leave 4-5rwhp total."

One of the things Dustin pointed out was that people do not compare apples to apples when comparing shorty to long tube headers. Shorty customers, according to him, typicaly only buy the shorty headers whereas the LT customer HAS to but the headers and high flow mids AND get a tune. So comparing power gains is not really fair unless you compared a shorty, mids, tune to a LTs, mids, tune on the same car on the same dyno in similar conditions. Why would he lie? He could have easily swayed me on the LTs given the cost of the parts is within $30 of each other.

Another reason I went with shorties was that I can stay emissions legal. I will be welding in my own cats in the mids and therefore not be moving the location of the stock cats.

Really stoked to meet other GTO owners. I was thinking of getting a membership in the nation organization even.

Hear about the lifetime tune for the GM guys offered at Mongillo...that sold me pretty much. All you pay for is the dyno time. Pretty impressive.

'Moe

#47 ·
It's a shame it's winter out because most of us have our GTO's in storage. My GTO will not be going, I'm taking my Pickup. Aidan would have loved seeing everyone's GTO!! That's ok though, there will be pleanty of meets once the spring comes and everyone takes the covers off of their Goats!!

As far as headers, I'm sure someone will come in and talk more about short headers verses Long Tubes and the reasoning behind them. If you plan on going to Mongillo's, call ED and talk with him. He'll answer any questions you have, plus you can talk about the dyno and what he can do for you.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to meeting you and your son.
ROK :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.