LS1GTO Forums banner

Relocating Evap

15K views 57 replies 19 participants last post by  GOATLEY 
#1 ·
Anyone do this? Would like to clean up some of the clutter running across the front of the engine. I am talking about the two hoses that run across the front of the engine and has a canister near the passengers side valve cover. I know removing it would cause some issues, but is there a way to cheaply and effectively move it to clean up the engine bay?

#39 ·
HC's are a major part of smog. PCV and EVAP are the two oldest Emissions systems, and between them eliminated 75-85% of all HC issues. Cats took care of the rest, long with EFI and better machining. NOx's (oxides of nitrogen) are the other half of smog, catalyzed by sunlight, and EGR deals with those. Except now EGR is done with cam design, head design, VCT and EFI.

Believe it or not, it is possible to make insane power, and still have an impressive lack of pollution. It just takes some good planning (and money). A well tuned/built engine will put out CO2 and water vapor. Poor emissions wastes power. Fact. The energy required to split diatomic nitrogen and bond it with Oxygen is energy that could be pushing the piston down.

#44 ·
Depending on how observant they are in tech at a given track, they may not like an EVAP delete, I dunno. They require anti-flip vents for fuel cells, and EVAP's canister fills that role to a point good enough for them. leave a vapor hose hanging loose may not pass. i dont know.

#45 ·
Doing the EVAP relocation now but cant seem to remove the vacuum hose from the back hard line. Dont want to break it.

How to remove?

#47 ·
Does not work. Is there an attachment on the inside of the pull off similar to a fuel line?

#49 ·
The inside of the clip wouldn't budge. With a thin screwdriver was able to press the tabs in. Thanks though.

#50 ·
I couldnt get that damn thing off either, pulled, twisted, got frustrated, took a break, came back and it fell off... didn't break must have been something I did, but not sure how it finally came loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.