LS1GTO Forums banner

MeguiarsDA Power System

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  BWinc 
#1 ·
Has anyone looked into or used this product?

Search hasn't yielded any results.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow. You're supposed to take a drill, attach it to the chuck, and use that to power it?

No thanks. I'll do it the correct and safe way by pulling out my Flex and/or PC.

EDIT: Saw that they only accept 4" pads as well. It would take you forever to polish a car with this thing. Only thing this would be good for is spot correcting scratches.

#5 ·
:rolleyes: So what about when you have to use the 4" pad with a drill for those hard to reach spots?

#7 ·
A 4" pad on a drill should only be used for deeper individual scratches. For general polishing in hard to reach areas, you get a 4" backing plate and attach it to your PC.

Remember, a drill with a 4" pad is like a mini high speed buffer. You have to be very careful when you are working with forced rotation.

#8 ·
unless you're using a right-angle drill motor, that thing looks like it would be really uncomfortable to use and 1/2" drills are typically lower rpm units, so not sure how effective it'd be.

While I use my drill motor for all sorts of things, this wouldn't be one of them.

#9 ·
Get a 2.75" backing plate with drill adapter. Would serve the same purpose.

I have a PC, a makita, and an adapter to use any backing plate with my drill. I have yet to use the drill.

#10 ·
Fair enough.

Let this fade away.

#12 ·
Smurf that noise.

Polish away

#14 ·
I have a pc, and I really wouldn't suggest buying it to anyone. Lol it does a good job, but its Loud, annoying and makes your hands numb. I was given a sears 10" buffer combo ($50) back in the 90's for my first car. Still to today one of the best buffers I've used and its still kicking. With a wool pad it buffs out 1500 as fast as the pc and is almost silent. Maybe one day ill switch to a flex, but I have other things to waste money on for now.

#21 ·
yeah, the "buffers" don't do a whole lot other than remove dried wax residue, although if you apply the polish on the right type of pad, they are a little better than by hand, as far as "some" extra cutting power...nothing compared to a full on polisher though that only spins (fast).

I have a 6" dual-speed combo sander/polisher that *could* do a lot of damage with an aggressive pad/compound if you're not careful, but as long as you're moving and letting the machine do the work and a clean pad (esp. foam), the worst it does is put swirls. However, it will eat thru paint if you let it and not for the faint at heart, lol.

Worst part of it is it uses 1/2-20 arbor, which is not common (most are 5/8), so I have to be creative sometimes to adapt a hook and loop pad for instance.

#22 ·
This thread started off, about MeguiarsDA Power System so the amount of correction I'm sure the OP is after is not that much. A PC is not worth the money IMO if you are just polishing/waxing a car. Does a PC work great, yes, is it annoying, yes, even more so on a full car detail. However the OP was asking about a $60 attachment for a drill.

I personally don't like a PC, I have one, about 3 dozen pads, and a shelf loaded with product, but for the most part I'd rather do w/o. If its a small spot, I'd rather grab my dewalt drill and use the Adams 4" pad kit. .

That is just me, and How I feel.

#23 ·
This thread started off, about MeguiarsDA Power System so the amount of correction I'm sure the OP is after is not that much. A PC is not worth the money IMO if you are just polishing/waxing a car. Does a PC work great, yes, is it annoying, yes, even more so on a full car detail. However the OP was asking about a $60 attachment for a drill.

I personally don't like a PC, I have one, about 3 dozen pads, and a shelf loaded with product, but for the most part I'd rather do w/o. If its a small spot, I'd rather grab my dewalt drill and use the Adams 4" pad kit. .

That is just me, and How I feel.
So...how else do you suggest that the OP polish his car?
What is your definition of polish?

um...I think that is all.

brah

haha lol

#27 ·
:woot:I made the LS1GTO.com newsletter.:woot:

:shiner:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.