Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > For Sale > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 12-29-2004, 09:25 AM   #1
sxty8goats
Can't help ya, Sorry.

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Car Motorsports = Merry Christmas

This year for Christmas my Mom bought me a car cover from Car Motorsports.. Cool unit, GTO badge in Red on the front and the Pontiac Arrow Head on the back. It was supposed to arrive on the 22nd.

It did not.

She called Alan at Car Motorsports (Leave a message and he gets back to you quickly) and left a message. Alan called the next day to apologize, it seems shipping was messed up at his supplier and the cover would not be shipped for two more weeks. Now at this point most people would simply apologize and be done with it. Some people would go so far as picking up the shipping.. Alan went beyond. Alan offered to send the cover and refund the money, IE Free cover.

No Dice. That is not fair to him as far as I am concerned. So he offered to send me something else for Free along with the cover.. I love the Floor Mats but still did not feel comfortable getting something for free, Alan has always been a good guy for our community. So this is what we agreed on, Car Cover for original price, Floor Mats for his cost and he is picking up the shipping. Outstanding customer service from one of the first aftermarket suppliers to support our GTO.

Thanks Alan for this transaction and for being one of the early supporters of our cars. And Congradulations on your new Pulse Red..

And to everyone reading this, I often see negitive posts by people who have not given a vendor a chance to make things right. Mistakes do happen. I have found that being polite and giving a vendor the benifit of the doubt is often benificial to the customer. There are still a few good guys out there. Both the customers and the vendors need learn how to give each other a chance to communicate their concerns.

Para Noir,

"I need something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live" QOTSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doric...View Post
Seems I stepped on some ePeens in this thread.

I'm sorry, ePeens.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
zgoat

WOW...I have had problems with vendors in the past. I attempt to ALWAYS give the vendor the benefit of the doubt and an opportunity to set things right. I would say he did more than his fair share...cheers to CAR Motorsports. Its service like this that will guarantee my business in the future.

Last edited by zgoat; 12-29-2004 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
Dbluegoat
Captain Thread Killer returns

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I gotta tell you I think Car is the BEST vendor we have in terms of service....

just another story of the great lengths they go to make us happy

OLD SETUP
1st Maggie in the 10's/1st non-shop/sponsored gto in the 10's
Best E.T. 10.97@125 with a 1.61 60' 7/15/2006
Best 60' 1.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMonsterGT...View Post
I mean, I wouldn't suck it or anything, but it'd be kinda funny/weird to be making out and then bam, there's a johnson!

Old 12-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #4
CAR Motorsports
CARmotorsports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxty8goats...
This year for Christmas my Mom bought me a car cover from Car Motorsports.. Cool unit, GTO badge in Red on the front and the Pontiac Arrow Head on the back. It was supposed to arrive on the 22nd.

It did not.

She called Alan at Car Motorsports (Leave a message and he gets back to you quickly) and left a message. Alan called the next day to apologize, it seems shipping was messed up at his supplier and the cover would not be shipped for two more weeks. Now at this point most people would simply apologize and be done with it. Some people would go so far as picking up the shipping.. Alan went beyond. Alan offered to send the cover and refund the money, IE Free cover.

No Dice. That is not fair to him as far as I am concerned. So he offered to send me something else for Free along with the cover.. I love the Floor Mats but still did not feel comfortable getting something for free, Alan has always been a good guy for our community. So this is what we agreed on, Car Cover for original price, Floor Mats for his cost and he is picking up the shipping. Outstanding customer service from one of the first aftermarket suppliers to support our GTO.

Thanks Alan for this transaction and for being one of the early supporters of our cars. And Congradulations on your new Pulse Red..

And to everyone reading this, I often see negitive posts by people who have not given a vendor a chance to make things right. Mistakes do happen. I have found that being polite and giving a vendor the benifit of the doubt is often benificial to the customer. There are still a few good guys out there. Both the customers and the vendors need learn how to give each other a chance to communicate their concerns.

Happy to do it, Peter. You and your family (particularly your mom) are just great people. Your mom's a really smart and funny lady. I so enjoyed talking with her, I'm just sorry the cover didn't come through. That bothers me quite a bit, but I must say I was completely amazed by your reaction, which was to be understanding and alllow me to try and fix things to your satisfaction. This is something we try to do for each and every customer. I think the key is that we stop thinking about us and what we want out of the solution and instead focus on you as a customer and what you need out of the solution. I'm just glad that we were able to salvage/repair things in your case. Thanks for the post and I hope that everyone who takes the time to read it will understand that THIS is the kind of service you can expect from us. As I told you on the phone, we had one other case just like yours where a car cover did not make it for Christmas. I extended to that person the same offer as I did for you. That customer was happy to ultimately send a gift certificate that they could use in the future on any CMS product.

BTW, I'm going to have my web guy create a new page on our site. Instead of a hall of fame, I want to start a customer Wall of Fame. I plan to post pics of our customer's cars there and some additional info as they would like regarding modifications or such. I'm thinking that you should be Member No. 1. The Wall of Fame will serve as a constant reminder to US that its the customer that deserves a place of distinction and honor and that we would never be who, what or where we are without them. So when you get a good pic of that car of yours, shoot it to me.

Alan

1-877-FOR-CARZ (367-2279)
www.carmotorsports.com
car@carmotorsports.com
Old 12-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #5
reclinerhead

2005 GTO Owner

Good news, and thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to spending money with them once I get my car!
Old 12-29-2004, 10:07 AM   #6
GTOdriver7
Gone but not forgotten

2004 GTO Owner

wow. excellent service by CMS, again. 68 you will be quite happy with the cover.

06 G6 GT

My Car Domain
Old 12-29-2004, 10:53 AM   #7
sxty8goats
Can't help ya, Sorry.

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Alan,

That sounds cool, I'll look through my stuff and pic a shot. I have many pictures of my car...

Thanks again..
Old 12-29-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
mlc

2004 GTO Owner

This is nice to hear that a vendor is willing to go the extra distance to make things right. Alan, a full refund plus the product seems a bit much, especially when a bad delivery is not in your control. 68 was good not to accept the offer but most will take you up on that. I hope it doesn't become to much for your business.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:33 AM   #9
CAR Motorsports
CARmotorsports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlc...
This is nice to hear that a vendor is willing to go the extra distance to make things right. Alan, a full refund plus the product seems a bit much, especially when a bad delivery is not in your control. 68 was good not to accept the offer but most will take you up on that. I hope it doesn't become to much for your business.

True, but the website said orders placed by the 10th would be delivered by Christmas. The only thing I will say is that we are VERY particular about our suppliers and its one reason we don't offer every product under the sun. This allows us to promise and deliver more without jeopardizing our existence too much based upon the dependability of a supplier......LOL. My partner Rich and I really did feel badly about the non-delivery at Christmas and felt that we would make a drastic offer and let the customer decide how much they were willing to accept. Because of the good supplier we have, only 2 orders of all our Christmas orders failed to arrive on time. That's really awesome and a tribute to the people we deal with to make our products.

Alan
Old 12-29-2004, 11:40 AM   #10
Hacker15e
1st Time Goat Owner

2004 GTO Owner

Alan -

You have earned a *future* customer through your service...thanks, that is rare to see these days.
-1-4 display deleted
-DRLs deleted
-2004 SAP waiting to be installed
Northrop T-38C Talon
Old 12-29-2004, 12:35 PM   #11
sxty8goats
Can't help ya, Sorry.

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Geesh.. maybe I should have accepted the Free.. Na..
Old 12-29-2004, 12:48 PM   #12
BTLew81

Received a CAR keychain for Xmas as a little stocking stuffer. GREAT chain, and my dad could not say enough about Car's service and Alan's willingness to chat on the phone. As soon as spring comes, I think I know where some of my items are coming from. Totally uncharacteristic of most companies, and it is so nice to see a great product and awesome service!

Brett
Old 12-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #13
ONE BAD GOAT

as you can see by my signature I have spent $$$$ at car motorsports. The best bar none. I will buy in the future for sure. Could not be happier with the quality or service!!!!! Trust me I am a picky S.O.B. and I was 100% satisfied.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #14
Nmbr1GMfan
Frantically Modding

Recieved my front and rear mats w/logo in cosmos purple, I love them, great quality. Looking forward to more items from Car Motorsports. TODD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPvVmfEhhgI

‚——’ฏฏ‘;====ฑ—-
!‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Where you live (must be accurate to IP location, if wrong you may be permanently banned)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: