LS1GTO Forums banner

550 RWHP goal N/A

10K views 93 replies 43 participants last post by  2005YellowGTO 
#1 ·
my goal is to get 550 to the wheels without FI and then spray to 650
current setup is 2005 LS2 stock heads,intake,t/b,and bottom end.
aggressive cam with right at 600/614 lift cant remember the duration or lsa will find out tomorrow
CAI and full SLP exhaust dynoed at 421 rwhp and just above 400tq
im open to any new ideas my plans were heads and fast 102 intake but im not sure which to choose or if it was even possible without stroking and still maintaing as a daily driver
help?

#3 ·
but if i left all current mods as is and just stroke it where would it put me numbers wise?

#7 ·
like said before that is not gonna happen...You will at least need a 427 s 454 will be fist choice being you wont have to go really aggresive

#8 ·
Absolutely will not happen using 6.0.

#9 ·
he can make a dyno queen 550whp on a stock ls2 bottom. There's known formulas for 500whp on an ls1 on ls1tech, but they all have cams that need pretty high redlines. Im sure the same can be done for a 6.0 only even more extreme.
If you want something you can still drive, and will enjoy driving to have 550whp, then yes, you'll need more cubes.

#10 ·
I do not believe for a second that there is any non race prepared LS2 running around with the stock crank and 550rwhp.

#12 ·
but if i left all current mods as is and just stroke it where would it put me numbers wise?
You'll probably gain 30 rwhp just from stroking it, more torque though.

For 550rwp you're going to need a stroker, bored out to a 418 or 427 (meaning new sleeves which are expensive), big heads, much bigger cam, custom intake manifold, and some really good valvetrain that will allow you to rev it to the moon. RPMs will be the only way to get close to that number, so you're going to have to spin it.

This could get expensive.

#20 ·
or he could just buy a ls3 block and 418 assembly. If he's sleeving, might as well go to a 4.125 bore. 550 isnt some insane number... hell, im blanking on his name, but a member here made 501whp on a 376 with a solid torque line. he can make 550whp im sure if he changed to a higher revving top end.

#13 ·
why not just add forced induction? Your plan is like saying I want to be a body builder with 10 pound weights. You need either A) procharger B) turbo c) 2 turbos D)

#14 ·
D) s/c
e)nawz

OP, A4 or M6?

#16 ·
OP, it can be done.

What you want to do is get custom 1 7/8" to 2" primary stepped headers. Then, take that camshaft you have in there and rip it out. It isn't big enough. What you want is a nice, big, Godzilla's Schlong camshaft. Something like a 248/254, .615/.622 Texas Speed Giant Sweaty Paul Bunyan Nutsack camshaft. Then, you want to grab yourself a pair of the PRC 237cc cylinder heads, and port the ever-living shit out of them. Hog those bitches out to around 250cc. In all seriousness, you want to port everything. Grab yourself a FAST 102, and port it; 100mm MAF, and port it; 102 TB...port it. Just port until you have more metal shavings on the ground than material left on the engine.

Now, don't forget about fuel. Take your stock fuel injectors, and remember what I said about porting? Yeah, port them bitches, too. Port the fuel rails. Then grab a plumbing snake and port the fuel line all the way back to the gas tank. Now, most people will tell you to upgrade the stock fuel pump. Fuck that. Port it.

That should get you close to 550 RWHP. If it doesn't, you can make up the difference with stickers.

#18 ·
OP, it can be done.

What you want to do is get custom 1 7/8" to 2" primary stepped headers. Then, take that camshaft you have in there and rip it out. It isn't big enough. What you want is a nice, big, Godzilla's Schlong camshaft. Something like a 248/254, .615/.622 Texas Speed Giant Sweaty Paul Bunyan Nutsack camshaft. Then, you want to grab yourself a pair of the PRC 237cc cylinder heads, and port the ever-living shit out of them. Hog those bitches out to around 250cc. In all seriousness, you want to port everything. Grab yourself a FAST 102, and port it; 100mm MAF, and port it; 102 TB...port it. Just port until you have more metal shavings on the ground than material left on the engine.

Now, don't forget about fuel. Take your stock fuel injectors, and remember what I said about porting? Yeah, port them bitches, too. Port the fuel rails. Then grab a plumbing snake and port the fuel line all the way back to the gas tank. Now, most people will tell you to upgrade the stock fuel pump. smurf that. Port it.

That should get you close to 550 RWHP. If it doesn't, you can make up the difference with stickers.

:lol::lol::lol:
OMG......I just almost choked on my cereal
:lol::lol::lol:

#21 ·
OP, it can be done.

Now, don't forget about fuel. Take your stock fuel injectors, and remember what I said about porting? Yeah, port them bitches, too. Port the fuel rails. Then grab a plumbing snake and port the fuel line all the way back to the gas tank. Now, most people will tell you to upgrade the stock fuel pump. smurf that. Port it.

or he could just buy a ls3 block and 418 assembly. If he's sleeving, might as well go to a 4.125 bore. 550 isnt some insane number... hell, im blanking on his name, but a member here made 501whp on a 376 with a solid torque line. he can make 550whp im sure if he changed to a higher revving top end.
Not going to happen on 364 ci. Sorry to shatter your dreams. I only did 550 through a tight ass stall and an optimized setup. It's as aggressive as you can go on a street car and still have good driveability. And it's an LS3 427ci motor. I could probably get another 20hp out of it if I went with a huge cam but I doubt it would have been any faster.

You guys chasing dyno numbers crack me up. So many huge whp cars on here running 12s at the track. If you want a fast car take it to the track and dial in the setup. You'll beat more cars that way any day of the way than having some dumbass huge donkey dick turbo civic power band chasing a stupid dyno number.

#51 ·
Not going to happen on 364 ci. Sorry to shatter your dreams. I only did 550 through a tight ass stall and an optimized setup. It's as aggressive as you can go on a street car and still have good driveability. And it's an LS3 427ci motor. I could probably get another 20hp out of it if I went with a huge cam but I doubt it would have been any faster.
if you read what i initially said, you'd see that im saying its possible IF you throw out the bolded.

if you can make 500whp NA on a 346, i feel you can make 550whp on a 364, or at least be close....but, as i said, all drivability will be gone.

#52 · (Edited)
if you can make 500whp NA on a 346, i feel you can make 550whp on a 364, or at least be close
You show me 1 stock displacement LS1 GTO that has made 500 rwhp through the stock IRS. . . . . . . . on an accurate dyno

There are plenty of people on this board with big bank accounts who have tried to get to the 500 rwhp mark with their stock displacement LS2's and only a couple have achieved it, less then a handful. Squeezing another 50 rwhp out of one of those setups would be like trying to squeeze the sarcasm out of MuhThugga. . . . . . . . not gonna happen

to the op; your best bet of hitting 550 rwhp NA on the stock bottom end would be to mess around with the dyno settings. . . . . . hell bet you can break 600 then

#28 ·
500 rwhp on a stock bottom end LS2 is doable and streetable if you have the funds. 50 more horses puts you in the solid roller/race gas area with a bottom end that wouldnt last long at all. the easiest way to get 550rwhp out of a stock bottom end LS2 is with spray and prayers.....heavy on the prayers.

#42 ·
:iagree: It's possible, just have to think outside of the box, but that much rwhp and still be streetable is gonna be pushing it to the max. I'd be looking more towards solid roller and alcohol if the number is what you want on a stock stroke, unsleeved block, but that's just me.

#30 ·
Ok, i had to do a little editing, but i have a new sig.

#32 · (Edited)
^^^^Get this guy out of here. We're talking about how you can get 550rwhp from a 6.0, not how you couldn't do it with a 6.9:gr_jest:

This post has been deleted
#34 ·
And people in Hell want ice water. Maybe them and the OP should start a club for people who want out of reach things.

#35 · (Edited)
OP, on a serious note, I have every bolt on, a cam, a well thought out valvetrain, ported LS3 heads, higher than stock compression, and a six speed, and I make a peak of only 475rwhp at 6600 rpms in my 6.0.

There have been guys to get 500+rwhp out of 6.0s. But you simply will not get another 60-70hp on top of that out of 364 cubic inches. If there was a way, people would have done it already. The easy route to what I think your goals truly are (and not just some arbitrary number) is to get an LS3 stroker. You'll be low-mid 500's at the wheels, realistically.

This post has been deleted
#44 ·
I just think they can't be used to their full potential on the 4.00 bore. I'll be keeping them when I go to the LS3.

#46 · (Edited)
Use a four-inch stroke crankshaft. If you can sleeve your cylinders to 4.060" it will help.
See my signature. Done on 93 octane, 42lb. injectors, a 90mm throttle body, 90mm FAST and restrictive Corsa exhaust. Now I'm setup for E-85.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.