Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Suspension/Brakes

Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Jason07
Noltec/Whiteline rear camber bushings adjustment questions

So I'm installing them now and just realized I'm not entirety sure how the work. I searched and it answered most of my questions but not all.

Putting them at 6 o'clock, or the bolt hole closest to the ground, will add negative camber, correct? An example would be it will take my current positive 2 degree camber and make it closer to positive 1 degree.

How do I adjust these later if I want to change them? Do I have to knock the bolt with these locking splines out of the tube somehow? Once I get it out of the tube is it easy twist them? I plan on putting these in at 6 o'clock and heading to a shop to get it aligned and want to be able to tell him how to adjust them.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App

MODS:
Power:JBA Shorties/Catted Mids, Corsa Sport Cat-Back, Svede Speed
Appearance:19" Gun Metal VMR V718's, Shift Light Activated, FX Projector Low Beam HID Retrofit, Racemesh Lower Grill, SAP Upper Grilles
Drivetrain: LS7 Clutch Kit, Billet Shifter, Lovells Diff Insert, Poly motor mounts, DIY trans mount, G-Force Porsche CV's
Suspension: Hotchkis Sways, Koni Struts/Shocks, Lovells Sport Low Front/HD Rear Springs, G-Force toe rods, Every Lovell's Poly bushing.

FUTURE MODS:
Tune
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
miker
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ

Monaro CV8

Send a message via AIM to miker Send a message via MSN to miker Send a message via Yahoo to miker
I run quad bushings with no toe-rods so I can't really help you on what position that need to be in. It is as simple as loosening the nut, then you just turn the knurled bold to adjust the camber.
- RE-11s, V2 Brembos, Coilovers, Bushings, Fastrack, Swaybars, ARP Studs, 15lbs Braille
- Manual 4l65e, Anti-Hop Axles, 3.5" Alum DS, TrueTrac, 3.73s, Harrop Cover, Sparco Evo2s
- Ron Davis Radiator, Derale PS/Trans Coolers, JBiz CatchCan, Russell Lines, AeroForce, Bel RX65
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
Duckman
Kollar Racing Products

2004 GTO Owner

FOR LOVELLS, WHITELINE AND NOLTEC:There is no need to pull the bolt out. Undo the lock nut. Crank the adjuster to the deisred location. Reinstall lock nut. The spline bolt will allow you to move it in either direction.

FOR ROADSAFE AND SUPERPRO. They are adjusted by cranking the bolt. CLOCKWISE ONLY.

NEED TECHNICAL SUPPORT? SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE EVERYDAY 8AM-8PM EST

631-902-2276
http://kollarracingproducts.com
sales@kollarracingproducts.com
GREAT PARTS, GREAT PRICES, FAST SHIPPING.....
Old 03-28-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Thanks for the help guys. I was most worried about how hard it would be to adjust these bushings but it sounds easy enough.

Now anyone have and insight on which orientation the bushing should be installed? There seems to be some debate between 12 and 6 o'clock to reduce positive camber.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
Wolf2k6GTO

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Wolf2k6GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason07...View Post
There seems to be some debate between 12 and 6 o'clock to reduce positive camber.

Hole at 6 o'clock gives more negative camber, hole at 12 o'clock gives more positive camber. This assumes you have them installed in the outter position in the control arms.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Yes they are installed in the outer position. I want more negative camber to straighten the wheels out and get better wear from the tires since I'm running Lovell's lowering springs. So 6 o'clock it is. Thanks!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Crap no I had negative and positive camber mixed up. I have around -2 right now and want more near -1 so I will be installing them at 12 o'clock to get the wheel slightly straighter.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

Ok just went out and tried to turn the bolt with the splines on it to adjust it from 6 o'clock to 12. That bolt doesn't move and to me it makes sense as to why it won't move. The splines are locking it into the ears coming off of the crossmember and the inner sleeve of the bushing. I even put a cheater bar on it and put all my weight on it. That bolt doesn't move and it doesn't have any nut on the other end.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
Duckman
Kollar Racing Products

2004 GTO Owner

It should rotate in the bushing...Have you tryed simply pulling down on it with a box wrench?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Jason07
Big Blue

2005 GTO Owner

GOT IT! It was just stuck I guess. Thanks again for the help. One of the main reasons I buy from you! (Besides these camber bushings )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: