Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Tech Lounge

Old 04-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Synyzter
My DD

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Synyzter
Should I be worried?

So today I was driving around like normal. Came home parked the car. When I left about 2 hours later, I noticed my engine light was on. Went to Autozone, and it was code p0174. I"m trying to narrow down why this is. The o2 sensor on the passenger side is brand new. After Autozone, I went to the gym. Leaving the gym, the light was still on. I gave it about half throttle, and the engine light went off and hasn't come back on since. Since I've been home, I disconnected the battery for about an hour, and then put it back on. I've taken the MAF and filter off and cleaned them both (AEM dryflow filter). I'm still waiting for the filter to finish drying and then I'll put it all back together. Now if I'm driving around and the light comes back on, what should I look into next? The o2 sensor on the passenger side is maybe 1.5 months old. The car is already street tuned with HPTuners for all of the current mods.
2006 PBM GTO A4...Pacesetter 1-3/4 longtubes, 3in offroad mids, Spintech dumps...AEM Intake, ported LS2 manifold, ported LS2 Throttle Body...Drilled/Slotted Rotors...Pioneer Speakers...Bohnman Splitter...Lovells RR bushings and Poly Strut mounts...Lovells 0 drop springs...6000k HIDs in heads and fogs
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
markpetersonii
Sergeant Type

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii
You're going to get the "search" answer in a bit. I would start by doing that. Just type in the code in the search and you'll get a ton of responses. I've had that code and I did the exact same thing.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
Poncho Dan
GTrOllololol

2005 GTO Owner

P0174 is Bank 2 Lean - could be a header flange leak, could be a clogged injector, could be a small intake leak on that side, could be coolant contamination, or it could be that anti-seize got on the sensor probe itself. Lots of possibilities.

05/M6 CGM - handmade Svede, Kooks signature series/catless mids, Bassani, -168lbs, HPT self tuned
'03 Grand Am L61/M86 - full custom exhaust, self tuned
Old 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
loudmouthgoat
Gangster Rap Made Me Do It...

2004 GTO Owner

Check for a crack in a weld in the entire exhaust. i had the same thing happen to me. I had a crack in my SLP catback...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: