10.95@123.46..1.50 60' motor pump gas
FLA's Fastest GTO

The Art of SPRAY...

Tuner of Florida's Fastest GTO's
GForce 1320 test car
33 spline spool-level 2 axles
DSS CF Drive Shaft
Custom FTI Converter

Last edited by hardcore; 11-19-2012 at 06:50 AM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
6PntHo

2006 GTO Owner

Nice runs Tony. I need to get some spray.

04 Cosmos... 1 of 377... stock rebuilt ls1.. 325/332

06 BOM 1 of 340... Stawk
346/357... 13.1@106
Revised 402 coming soon... MAYBE...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
PonchoHoncho
Premium Member

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Yeah, the MPH confirms the lift, lol. Nice pass anyway.

'06 CGM, LSX std. deck,13:1 408 forged stroker, Lunati crank/rods, FAST LSXrt plumbed for direct-port, NOS Progressive Launcher, Comp solid roller, Diamond, Kook's, Aeromotive A-1000, I.D. 1000's, FTI TH400,FTI 4800 stall, TCI Outlaw, Moser Fab 9 with triangulated, corner-balanced 4-link, QA1's, DSS cf ds, Billet Specialties, etc. Street car, ya know?
RIP: M6 and factory IRS

Wife's: 2008 Trailblazer SS
Garaged For Sale: 1996 Formula Convertible,M6,LT1,mint, triple black, original owner
Old 11-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
slowgoat
Bann3d

2005 GTO Owner

Its amazing how you can coast the last 400ft. and it only slows the ET down .2
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
hardcore
HARDCORE since 1982

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoat...View Post
Its amazing how you can coast the last 400ft. and it only slows the ET down .2

well there's no real way to tell what it may have ran. ...
but one thing is for sure..
The track would have been pissed at me ;-)
Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
housewolf
7.4 Liter

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcore...View Post
well there's no real way to tell what it may have ran. ...
but one thing is for sure..
The track would have been pissed at me ;-)

Nice job. I think I remember your car as one of the first I saw racing when I joined here. I can't say for sure, it seems they were all in GA & FL.

Do you not have a roll bar or are they cutting you off @ 10.0 for additional equipment? Any plans to get legal below 10.0?

N/A: my engine runs good because it wants to, not because it's forced to
Pump Gas Street Car - 9.99/135 at 3600#
Old 11-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
hardcore
HARDCORE since 1982

2004 GTO Owner

i have a 5 point and im legal to 10.0-135 mph
the mph has been the issue.
I've been 136 there and got the boot
the car has gone 143 on a bigger shot.
I had planned to make the car legal but I recently decided just to hold off for a while
with the cost of the cage and the pro licensing just to be able to run at this track
(the other tracks i run at aren't as strick)
it was hard to justify
Old 11-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
cjack12344321
street car

2006 GTO Owner

I wish I had a cage. What's need above 135? I never knew there was a speed limit. What is needed after 10.0/135? I assume Gainesville us really strict about tech?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:57 AM   #9
hardcore
HARDCORE since 1982

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjack12344321...View Post
I wish I had a cage. What's need above 135? I never knew there was a speed limit. What is needed after 10.0/135? I assume Gainesville us really strict about tech?

you need the full boogie above 135 or faster than 10.00

this is from LS1tech

11.49 1/4-mile (7.35 1/8-mile) or quicker:

-A 5-point minimum roll bar on a fixed roof car (t-tops okay as well if in place while racing) from 11.49 to 11.00 (7.00 1/8-mile). If the hardtop / t-top car has un-altered floors, firewall and frame rails (wheel tubs are okay), then the 5-point roll bar is good til 10.00 1/4 mile (6.40 1/8-mile). Convertibles require the 5-point bar from 13.49 (8.25 1/8-mile to 11.00 (7.00 1/8-mile).
The rollbar must be constructed of a minimum o.d. mild steel or chrome moly tubing (moly can be a smaller o.d and is lighter but more expensive), see diagram below for specs.
The roll bar can be bolted or welded to the floor, see diagram below for specs.
Roll bar must be padded anywhere the driver's helmet may contact it while in the driving position, see diagram below for specs.
The 5-points are:
Main hoop; 2 "down bars" (bars that go from the main hoop rearward to the trunk floor/hatch area. These can be straight or bent like a "package tray" style, search for photos); Welded crossbar for belts (can't be removable), see rulebook for exact location. Driver side door bar (can be a swing-out. Many put a passenger's side bar in as well (6-point) because it strengthens the car on both sides, but if you have subframe connectors the difference may be minimal).

-Protective Clothing (SFI jacket with a 3.2A/1 rating, no expiration date)

-5 point harness (up to date, they must be replaced or re-certified every 2 years; You can re-cert by shipping the belts to the manufacturer, or buy new ones. I usually buy new ones and sell the old ones on EBay (street racers and dune buggies buy 'em).

-SFI-approved flywheel and/or clutch (no expiration date)

-Screw-in valve stems

-No tint allowed on window except factory

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

9.99 1/4-mile (6.39 1/8-mile)/ 135 mph or quicker:

-Roll cage is required on all vehicles at 9.99 and quicker or any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of a minimum o.d. mild steel or chrome moly tubing (moly can be a smaller o.d and is lighter but more expensive), see diagram below for specs. Roll cage must be padded anywhere the driver's helmet may contact it while in the driving position, see diagram below for specs. Roll cage must also be certified by NHRA every 3 years and have a serialized sticker affixed prior to participation. This style of cage is good til 8.50 1/4-mile times, then a funny car style cage is required.
See diagram below.

-Window net required (can be ribbon or mesh, no altering allowed unless done by manufacturer. 2009 NHRA rule book states mesh nets carry a manufacturer date and a 2 year expiration/re-cert, while ribbon are good forever. Check with your local track or division).

-NHRA competition driver's license required, done by car designation (dragster, door car, etc). A physical, 2 NHRA licensed drivers to witness/sign your forms and a minimum of 6 runs are required. For NHRA license form click here: www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/licenseapp.pdf, for NHRA physical form click here: www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/physical01.pdf

-Flexplate SFI 29.1 and shield SFI 30.1 required (no expiration dates listed, but I believe the shield is 5 years)

-Protective Clothing (SFI jacket and pants with a 3.2A/5 rating, gloves and neck collar, no expiration date)

-Battery cutoff (regardless or whether battery is still up front or relocated to rear of vehicle). The cutoff switch must shut down everything electrical when off; see here for pictures and a wiring diagram: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...ct-switch.html

-A full-face helmet is required with a minimum Snell K98 or M2000/SA2000 rating. Helmets last 12 years from their rating date (example a Snell 2005 would be good until 1/2017). Shield is permitted, and modifications to helmet or shield are prohibited. This rule posting is as it applies to cars like ours (closed body type). For open cars a different helmet ruling is required.

-A engine diaper is required at NHRA national and divisional races, local races vary, check with your division or track.

Parachutes:

-Required at 150 mph no et restriction

Last edited by hardcore; 11-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
wrp
Taco Bell

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

One thing I have had a great deal of difficulty with is the mounting hardware for the harness. I've seen a few come through the shop that were honestly dangerous. There is a specific way the hardware should be bolted down so that it does not bind and fail prematurely in a crash. It would be nice to see some detailed pictures of the harness hardware mounting point on a ride that had passed tech cert.

I am particularly interested in how you handle the anti-submarine belts with OEM seats and how you mount the swivels on lap belts. There is also a requirement to have a bolted brace from the rollbar to the driver's seat so that during a crash, slack isn't created if the seat is pushed backwards.

Also the fire suppression standards are an area of interest for me. I invested in a fire suppression system but did it for a system I could charge on my own. Unfortunately these systems do not meet the SFI standards in some venues.

"ZOMG, boost it to the moon, it can handle it"

Mods: A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: