Mounts - Page 2 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > LS1/LS2 Engine Tech

Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
eaglegoat
HMFIC

2006 GTO Owner

And your reply was "Well smurfing make one then." Right?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #32
sam_gto
LS6 GTO

2004 GTO Owner

In response, I wound up ordering what I was searching for. Revshift gave me everything I wanted at a very good price.

here is what my old mounts looked like at 68k

this first pic is gtodrifters'. Im posting it up so you can see the difference in trans mounts

Im gonna go test the new ones out now.

Last edited by sam_gto; 12-13-2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added pic for comparison
Old 12-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #33
jegten
riding the wave!

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to jegten
hey sam, is that the new trans mount you bought in the first pic?
wow! interested, and looks great!
go-forged ls2 447ci/MAST LS7 70cc, ported/painted FAST102/NW102, jegten cam/tuned,Manton,Melling,Lunati,Cloyes,Edelbrock,60#, Kooks SS/catless,3"cb,taylor bluewires,MF5",GForce,OTRCAI,BBKfr,GMM/LSS-oemknob,Brembos/BaerSS lines, GZpump,SLP-skid plate/udp/160t,Revshift,Monster3,IngallsETD,Lovells,Hotchkis , pc'd DSS/blue flange.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #34
sam_gto
LS6 GTO

2004 GTO Owner

that one in particular belongs to gtodrifter. i posted it up for comparison..

the one i purchased is exactly the same minus the revshift logo. so yes it is the same.

google revshift.. once on their homepage, click on the store tab and then find your vehicle on the menu on the left hand side..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #35
jegten
riding the wave!

2004 GTO Owner

thanks man!
look forward to your review of them.
i am in need of the motor mounts, and have the jb weld in the trans mount. this seems like a very good option.

i will check their site. thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #36
jegten
riding the wave!

2004 GTO Owner

do you happen to know what are the dimensions of the motor mounts? i.e., same as oem, shorter, taller? thanks! didn't see the info on the site.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #37
sam_gto
LS6 GTO

2004 GTO Owner

i did not compare the two. i should have.. the stock ones are very fat and hard to to take out because of that..all i used is four jackstands, a jack, and a piece of 2x4.. the height of the motor appears to be the same but i cannot verify that without actually measuring. the oem bolts appeared to be a tad longer (because of the tips that stick out from the thread, check the pic) but the the motor seams to be at oem height.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #38
djstevog

2006 GTO Owner

Nice I need to check my mounts to see if they arent torn since i also have around the same mileage as yours. I think i saw your car last time pass by near my house it sounds sick.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #39
jegten
riding the wave!

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gto...View Post
i did not compare the two. i should have.. the stock ones are very fat and hard to to take out because of that..all i used is four jackstands, a jack, and a piece of 2x4.. the height of the motor appears to be the same but i cannot verify that without actually measuring. the oem bolts appeared to be a tad longer (because of the tips that stick out from the thread, check the pic) but the the motor seams to be at oem height.

thanks!
oh, so you already installed them! great!
i know you got the red/race ones. how does it feel? vibration?
my cam is pretty lopy, so i have to be careful which set i choose.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #40
sam_gto
LS6 GTO

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstevog...View Post
Nice I need to check my mounts to see if they arent torn since i also have around the same mileage as yours. I think i saw your car last time pass by near my house it sounds sick.

thx. you're on 18's now? i know i passed by one close to hillside sometime back while on the way to check on my bros jeep.

if you need help with the install or anything lmk
Old 12-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #41
djstevog

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_gto...View Post
thx. you're on 18's now? i know i passed by one close to hillside sometime back while on the way to check on my bros jeep.

if you need help with the install or anything lmk

No mine has the stock 17s i saw you pass by monterrey street unless it was another YJ.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #42
sam_gto
LS6 GTO

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstevog...View Post
No mine has the stock 17s i saw you pass by monterrey street unless it was another YJ.

yea that was me.. idk of any other yj here in town... i must have missed you.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #43
sam_gto
LS6 GTO

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegten...View Post
thanks!
oh, so you already installed them! great!
i know you got the red/race ones. how does it feel? vibration?
my cam is pretty lopy, so i have to be careful which set i choose.

ok so i installed them and drove around a bit.. wow.

First off, just looking at the motor, it sits still finally. As previously posted by another in the first page, the idle has slightly more vibration but once you get going its good.

The shifter now stays in place and doesnt take my hand with it. the 2nd to 3rd shift is now like butter. Also, no more shifter rattle.. it make a bit more vibration on the engage when the rpms drop under idle a bit.

finally, it is definitely easier to leave tire marks on the street. (not that it was that hard to begin with)

i am very happy with the hard mounts as they allow for more power in the future.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #44
jegten
riding the wave!

2004 GTO Owner

nice!
i wonder how much of a difference is there between the two urethane they offer, feel wise, that is.

it sounds like the right combination. enjoy!
i might just contact them to ask about the difference.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #45
Big Tex
Seeking additional traction..

2005 GTO Owner

I need to do the trans and motor mounts. Unless I missed something, you can only get the three on a package deal from either Revshift or SCSS. Revshift was out of stock when I called them a couple days ago and they said to keep checking the website for stock status. That's the ones I want to get, 95A. They have a lifetime warranty for failure replacement but they are still a young company (2009 is what the site says). I haven't found just a trans mount.

'05 M6- D-1SC / AES 390 / Tick Lvl 4 trans and MC / Centerforce DYAD / GForce1320 9" and coilover kit / Strange S-Trac / Kooks / BC 8K fronts / VMR V718s / Nitto NT05
'06 A4- 419/386. Volant/FAST 92/SLP LTs/Magnaflow CB/DBA/Hawk/ATI Stall/Pedders Xa/Energy Suspension/DMH//G-Force *SOLD*
Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #46
sam_gto
LS6 GTO

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex...View Post
I need to do the trans and motor mounts. Unless I missed something, you can only get the three on a package deal from either Revshift or SCSS. Revshift was out of stock when I called them a couple days ago and they said to keep checking the website for stock status. That's the ones I want to get, 95A. They have a lifetime warranty for failure replacement but they are still a young company (2009 is what the site says). I haven't found just a trans mount.

i ordered the 23 of november and they arrived on the 10th of december.. but it was definitely worth the wait.. the Revshift trans mount looks superior to the SCSS in my opinion. As far as performance, I wouldn't know.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #47
graizin

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex...View Post

Chris, I think i might go with a new gm trans mount with the revtech trans mount insert. along with the standard height hinson engine mounts that i bought. But I think with all that hp that you have the harder mounts should work well for you ..
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #48
Koebot

2005 GTO Owner

Kollar Racing sells a stock replacement trans mount.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Billet Prototypes | Hawk | Kooks | Lovells | Maverick Man | Pedders | Svede | V-LEDS
Old 12-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #49
graizin

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koebot...View Post
Kollar Racing sells a stock replacement trans mount.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Thanks I'll check it out...
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #50
mike27408
MotorWrecker

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegten...View Post
do you happen to know what are the dimensions of the motor mounts? i.e., same as oem, shorter, taller? thanks! didn't see the info on the site.

That Transmission mount looks pretty stout...Rev Shift makes that???

height of my 21K mile perfect shape OEM motor mounts (out of the car no compression due to engine weight): 2-3/4"
height of HSC STD height poly eurethane mount:2-7/8" (hardly noticeable but due to the nature of the mount it doesn mot collpase at all under the weight of the motor.
I have an OTR intake so I went with the HSC lowered polyeurethane mounts and they are perfect for OTR and put my motor at same height as my stock mounts...

OP's choice what he gets but the design of the HSC does not have the same void in the center as the RevShift cut away diagram shows.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #51
jegten
riding the wave!

2004 GTO Owner

thanks mike for the measurements!
i wonder how tall is the revshift one. i sent them an email but have not heard from them yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: