LS1GTO Forums banner

UPP TWIN TURBO KIT- Official Thread

179K views 1K replies 190 participants last post by  CK@UPP 
#1 · (Edited)
Underpressure Power & Performance is now proud to offer our NEW GTO TWIN TURBO KIT! It’s been under development for some time now, and it’s finally complete. This is a front/top mount design, and comes standard with T04B-SH trim turbos. These are the same turbos with proven power from our very successful C5 and C6 Turbo Corvette kits. These turbos are most efficient ~900hp, and will support up to 1100hp!!
Still not enough? We built this kit with staged upgrades in mind! Our 6182R (GT35R) available WITH AND WITHOUT ball bearings is a direct fit design! These turbos are most efficient ~1100hp and support up to 1300hp!
Included in the kit is:
• 2x T04B-SH Turbos
• 2x Cast manifolds
• 2x Up-pipes
• 2x Down Pipes (3” STANDARD!)
• Front mount Intercooler
• 2x BOV
• 2x 35mm External Wastegates
• All intercooler piping
• All Silicone Couplers (3 ply reinforced STANDARD!)
• All Necessary Hose Clamps (T-Bolt STANDARD!)
• Oil Return Pump (TurboWerx Exa Pump STANDARD!)
• Stainless Oil Feed Lines w/AN Fittings
• Stainless Oil Return Lines w/AN Fittings
• Injectors (YOUR CHOICE IN SIZE*)
• All Necessary Hardware and Brackets
• Battery Relocation Kit
• Spark Plug Wires

This is truly a complete kit, the only thing needed is a good tune from your local Dyno Tuner. We don’t believe in “cookie cutter” one size fits all tunes. Everyone’s car is different and should be treated as such. We do have HPTuners interfaces available separately if you wish to tune yourself.

We’ve been in business for the last 8yrs, and with the success of our C5 and C6 turbo kits we recently upgraded to a 10,000sf facility with a full production line, complete with in-house AWD dynamometer. Our turbo kits feature up-pipes and down-pipes made from 100% stainless steel, and are backed with a LIFE TIME WARRANTY . We have our own line of turbos, and back them with a standard 1yr warranty, but if you’re purchasing them in a kit, rest assured because we DOUBLE that with an unprecedented 2yr Warranty!

$5299.99

Installation Instructions

YouTube

http://youtu.be/roTGZ6Bz57Y

LQ version (490MB) can be found here:

http://www.uppcos.com/video/GTO%20Instructions_lq.wmv

HQ version (1.2GB) is here:

http://www.uppcos.com/video/GTO%20Instructions.wmv

Attachments

See less See more
#1,231 · (Edited)
Congrats on getting the tune squared away. I know I've read this entire thread and i know that there have been allot of upp haters in here trying to crap on this thread.. I commend you on seeing this thing through to the end and keeping us informed along the way.. Being that you were one of the first (if not the first) to buy and install this kit.. you kept a cool and level head and never got down on yourself..

I thank you for allowing us to follow your every step so we could learn from your mistakes.. I will definatly buy this kit when i get the funds to do so..

Are you running an ls3 top with a blower cam? and was wondering what stall you were running and if so was it a streetable stall. again congrats on getting her squared away...

oh i just noticed your sn.. are you running an ls7 top?

#1,232 ·
I am pretty confident that I have the first installed setup, as well as the first with dyno results. I'm not sure if I was the first to purchase a setup or not though. I am running LS3 cylinder heads milled 0.030" with LS3 head gaskets to maintain factory CR along with a ported L76 intake manifold. The car is on the factory LS2 cam and stock torque convertor as well.

As for my username, when I registered 05ls2gto was taken - so next best thing. :p

#1,233 · (Edited)
So i was able to beat on the GTO a bit last night. Right now it has a conservative tune on it till i get an exhuast on her and ill be shooting for 600-640 rwhp. Right now my tuner said its at about 510-540 but it just isnt nearly enough for me lol.

Good news is that the 245 mickys are dead hooking in 2nd on the street we will see what happens when I get more timing in her.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/J8KBjzucPEM

Open down pipes are loud lmao.

#1,234 ·
If you are using the GoPro you know there is an option for flipping the video so it isnt upside down right :D? I figured that out when a buddy of mine and I went to the track

#1,235 ·
You can also flip the video under the edit options on youtube. :)

#1,237 ·
Just keep an eye on your EGT's with the timing that low (make sure your manifolds aren't glowing!). It is possible to actually start coking the oil in the turbo (baking it to a solid), when you make them glow. Got one back from a Vette customer last month for a check up. He thought he was keeping it safe, but what he was really doing was burning the oil till it looked like black dirt, and smelled like death!

CK

#1,240 ·
Sorry for not reading all 10000 pages of the thread but any chance of a twin 04 kit in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#1,244 ·
I will be interested in giving him my car as a guinea pig. Couple of problems tho :

1. I live in MI and he is in CO and this time of the year weather is so unpredictable that it will be suicide to try driving the GTO over there

2. I leave for Europe on dec 17th to take care of some ugly family issues and I will only return at the end of march so CK will have to keep the car till then in a temp controlled environment

3. The discount has to be huge lol

#1,256 ·
Yes, we are currently working on this, still trying to find a donor car. A couple people have come forward, but nothing has panned out thus far.

Right now we're running our "Black Friday/Small Buz Saturday" deals, and the kits are $4999.99.

So that would be the price you receive, no shipping (obviously), FREE install and FREE dyno tune, AND what ever additional parts are necessary to complete the 04 kits, would be at no extra charge (radiators, reservoir, etc).

What we usually work with alot of out of state customers is they fly me out, I pick up the car and drive it back. Once done, they fly out there and drive it home. If you cover the cost of the ticket flying me out, I'll cover the cost of fuel driving it back. And the weather here right now is beautiful! We still haven't seen a drop of snow yet this year (very rare for us).

Storage till March would be fine. We're in a 10,000sf facility, so we have plenty of room. Plus this would give us ample time to iron out ANY issues we need to with the LS1 or LS2 platform.

The discount is huge! LOL ;)

#1,245 ·
I have heard otherwise about being the prototype 04 car. A friend of mine was interested in getting it done for his car and was quoted $5400 - this was with free tune/installation. The reason for the higher cost is because of additional parts needed to modify the cooling system. Albeit this was months ago while my kit was still being produced/shipped - costs may have changed.

#1,246 ·
#1,248 ·
Thanks. Thefts went up 500% in Michigan. 2 weeks ago they stole one of my 18 wheelers with a trailer loaded with 150k of cheese. 2 days later Michigan State Police found the truck and the trailer empty. And I am not even living in Detroit , I live 30 miles west of that hole

"Only pussies use meth"
Dominic Toretto

#1,250 ·
Thanks. Thefts went up 500% in Michigan. 2 weeks ago they stole one of my 18 wheelers with a trailer loaded with 150k of cheese. 2 days later Michigan State Police found the truck and the trailer empty. And I am not even living in Detroit , I live 30 miles west of that hole

"Only lowjoies use meth"
Dominic Toretto
Detroit...where the weak are eaten.

#1,249 ·
Free tune and install is a huge discount after all. Not sure how much these cost but I have a feeling is over 2k

"Only pussies use meth"
Dominic Toretto

#1,260 ·
How about at Gingerman? F Woodward , I'm not 18 anymore

#1,261 ·
Hey CK

Looks like you'll fly here after all. Cheapest car hauler estimate I got was 500$ and a one way ticket from Colorado Springs to Detroit is 150$. Let me know when do you want to do it. I live the country on the 17th. Major problem is the fact that I am home only during the weekends because I drive an 18 wheeler. Let me know

#1,262 ·
Alright, this is going to get awesome. Chapter 2 of the story is about to be written. =)

#1,268 ·
Well, doing my research for all you 04 guys out there tonight, and this conversion for our kit actually looks like it's going to be really simple, easy, and straight forward. We'll be posting more info soon as we either get started with one coming to me, or I'm flying to UTI to work on theirs! Good things to come, and SOON! ;)

CK

#1,272 ·
GTO is in the shop....we converted it TO an 04, and now were reverse engineering it. We should have resolution by the end of the weekend (I've authorized mass overtime) for all you 04 guys PLUS be taking care of the issues (filters, dump tubes, etc) that have been expressed with the kit thus far.

I'm personally flying out to UTI on Wed to preform the 04 install myself and to oversee that everything goes well and fits properly.

Everyone who has purchased a kit will receive the upgrades for FREE. We just need to figure out a resolution as to how to go about sending everything out.

:)

Also, since we have a GTO in the shop....we're going to go ahead and design a simple fuel system too. :turbonaug

CK

#1,273 ·
Everyone who has purchased a kit will receive the upgrades for FREE. We just need to figure out a resolution as to how to go about sending everything out.

:woot:

#1,279 ·
GTO is in the shop....we converted it TO an 04, and now were reverse engineering it. We should have resolution by the end of the weekend (I've authorized mass overtime) for all you 04 guys PLUS be taking care of the issues (filters, dump tubes, etc) that have been expressed with the kit thus far.

I'm personally flying out to UTI on Wed to preform the 04 install myself and to oversee that everything goes well and fits properly.

Also, since we have a GTO in the shop....we're going to go ahead and design a simple fuel system too. :turbonaug

CK
If you set up an 05/06 as an 04 to use to design the 04 kit, keep in mind that the ECU placement in the 04 is different than the 05/06, so you'll want to take that in account as well, not just the cooling system differences.

#1,274 ·
Updates.....

FULL Filters, both sides! (complete re-engineering)
Repositioned passenger WG to account for 04's (notice the radiator)
New 04 upper radiator hose!

We should have the modifications done by tomorrow, and hopefully an 04 officially boosted by the end of the week!

Attachments

#1,275 ·
Awesome,just awesome !

#1,282 ·
Yeah but I wasn't talking about the 05-06... he said he converted a car (I'm assuming 05-06) to 04 so that he can build the kit around an 04. I was just reminding him that if I understood him correctly, the 05-06 car he "converted" to 04 is still going to have the ecu in a different stock location, as I'm sure he didn't convert the electronics, just the cooling system and whatnot.

#1,281 ·
Nice that there are filters on the new updates. I shall be installing mine this month as I will be on vacation the last three weeks of December. Hope to have it tuned right after since the weather has been nice and cool. I would think tuning it in 70° weather is better than 100°+ weather in July around here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.