Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #91
JJD49
PRO EDGE / MONGILLO MOTORS

2005 GTO Owner

Premium MemberPremium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious Nick...View Post
Technically any appearance modification that does nothing else is ricer.
Some wheels, different hoods, the shiny pieces you buy for under-the-hood bling, shiny LEDs, etc.
And before you argue, any justification you might make, a Honda boy could for his Honda, too. Everyone has a little ricer in them, some just have the money to do it right. They add 500 dollar body kits, we add $12,000 kits.

I have No Ricer in me [ none at all ] My wheels were picked out to keep the muscle car theme intact, the engine bay changes were made to inhance the looks of a otherwise dull engine compartment and increase the performance and function of the factory and Non OEM parts. The different hoods on a lot of our cars have been installed for more than looks. Most factory hoods will let some outside air in while not letting air out. Several people have heat Extractor hoods on their rides. lets the outside air in and have an escape route for the hot air to escape.

To me, a ricer is a car that looks confused. BIG rear wings on a small bodied car, square edge body parts stuck on a car with rounded smooth lines, Stick on fake hood scoops and fender vents, Stick on decals that just don't make sense [ last week I came across a Honda with Firebird emblems ], Cars with the fluid drained from the front shocks or struts so the front end will bounce up and down when on and off the gas trying to make a weak motor look like it has a lot of power, replacing the muffler with a huge garbage can just to make the car louder [ a louder car = a faster car Ha, Ha ], cars with several Pillar gauges that don't work, cars with a shit load of Toggle Switches that are not connected to anything, Cars with a button for Nitrous but they have H2O printed on the label, cars with body kits attached with Duct Tape, Cars with a $2,000.00 radio and a book value of 50 cents, blue cars with green and yellow stick on pin stripes, cars with either Turbo or Supercharged decals and they are N/A. Cars with a 10.50 painted on the windshield but it has never been to a track

These cars are Ricers. I doubt if anyone on here has a car like that.

447 C.I Forged Stroker.
F1 Procharger on mild boost
Holley Modular Midrise Intake Manifold.
Lots of HP & TQ
2005 Yellow Jacket - A/4 trans 18in wheels
the rarest combo 1 of 35 made

Last edited by JJD49; 12-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #92
Deak
Suffers From Small Tires

2006 GTO Owner

If they were to replicate the HSV kit pictured at a resonable price, my money would be jumping out of my pocket

"Awesome car, I've been wanting to get a G6 just like that one" Some unknown woman talking to me about the GTO
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #93
Konnie the Goat
Will Moderhate for Money.

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

This 'shop' was on here a while back trying to pimp their ugly ricer bullshit, and I showed them the door.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #94
mistermike
10-4

2004 GTO Owner

GKPW52

Blown H/C 408 and other stuff. Billet tires. Plasti Dip tints. Stage 3 keyboard. /////.
2003 CTS w/ dead hooker in spacious trunk
2014 Cruze Eco w/ my balls in spacious glove compartment
fquick
Old 12-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #95
RACKY 427

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deak...View Post
If they were to replicate the HSV kit pictured at a resonable price, my money would be jumping out of my pocket

I think HSV may have a different view on anyone and everyone doing knockups of THEIR bodykits!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monaro nats 2012 315.jpg (44.1 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by RACKY 427; 12-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #96
dantheman
ROW ROW ROW...

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to dantheman Send a message via MSN to dantheman Send a message via Yahoo to dantheman
am i the only one who thinks the HSV body kit looks awful?
SNL 346, AFR 205s, TSP 233/239, Fast 92/92, SSOTRCAI, SW LT's, Full 3in Catback with Xpipe and magnaflows, Monster LT1S twin disc, RPM level 4 trans, gforce CF 1pc DS, pedders street II, staggered VMR V710 18s.

465/422
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #97
RACKY 427

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman...View Post

NO!!! of course not, but you sure are in the minority
Old 12-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #98
slammin86
...brah

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJD49...View Post
I have No Ricer in me [ none at all ] My wheels were picked out to keep the muscle car theme intact, the engine bay changes were made to inhance the looks of a otherwise dull engine compartment and increase the performance and function of the factory and Non OEM parts. The different hoods on a lot of our cars have been installed for more than looks. Most factory hoods will let some outside air in while not letting air out. Several people have heat Extractor hoods on their rides. lets the outside air in and have an escape route for the hot air to escape.

To me, a ricer is a car that looks confused. BIG rear wings on a small bodied car, square edge body parts stuck on a car with rounded smooth lines, Stick on fake hood scoops and fender vents, Stick on decals that just don't make sense [ last week I came across a Honda with Firebird emblems ], Cars with the fluid drained from the front shocks or struts so the front end will bounce up and down when on and off the gas trying to make a weak motor look like it has a lot of power, replacing the muffler with a huge garbage can just to make the car louder [ a louder car = a faster car Ha, Ha ], cars with several Pillar gauges that don't work, cars with a shit load of Toggle Switches that are not connected to anything, Cars with a button for Nitrous but they have H2O printed on the label, cars with body kits attached with Duct Tape, Cars with a $2,000.00 radio and a book value of 50 cents, blue cars with green and yellow stick on pin stripes, cars with either Turbo or Supercharged decals and they are N/A. Cars with a 10.50 painted on the windshield but it has never been to a track

These cars are Ricers. I doubt if anyone on here has a car like that.

I'm as ricer as they come but my car looks badass.
10.9 @ 132 w/ 1.8 60 HAHALOL

99 Civic SI
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #99
87LC2
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammin86...View Post
I'm as ricer as they come but my car looks badass.

Vararam
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #100
87LC2
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman...View Post

I'm with you.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #101
BlackPearl
Pshhhhhht!

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKY 427...View Post
I think HSV may have a different view on anyone and everyone doing knockups of THERE bodykits!!!

It's "their."

2005 CGM A4 GTO

Custom T70 Rearmount Turbo, AZA Z-15s Staggered (19 X 8.5 & 19 X 9.5), BC Coilovers, Hotchkis Swaybars
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #102
Death{AW}
Polish crazy guy :-D

2005 GTO Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Death{AW} Send a message via Skype™ to Death{AW}
I like the front bumper cover it would work great with my heat exchanger for TVS.
Death{AW} Kooks, TVS1900, Monster lvl 3,BMR subframe connectors, SCCS mounts, Hotchkins swaybars, BC coilovers front, Konis with HHD King springs on back, DDS stubs and axles and driveshaft. Bunch of Lovells bushings. Brembo brakes front and back. Bunch of other crap I forgot
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #103
Dyekid04

2005 GTO Owner

love the spoiler shaving but front looks to tuney for me, GL though
Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #104
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

well OP, has the "designer" even seen this info or has anything to say about direction?

STOLEN
2004 PBM LS1 M6
Kooks Headers & Street Screamers - Monster stage 1 with tick performance master
Hinson engine mounts - speed bleeder - ASP UD pulley - 3.91 w/eaton tru trac and Harrop cover - BP shifter
RAMJET otrcai - LSXr/102 Big Mouth - Billet Rails - custom coolant crossover
BC coilovers, 19" TSW Cadwells 45mm on f-245/35 r-285/35 - James Biz catch can
JB blacked out arrows and side badges - Mav man spolier and diffuser - Custom suede interior and trim
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #105
RACKY 427

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl...View Post
It's "their."

why thankyou, now i know how to get 2600+ posts up. It must have been horrific for you to see my shocking mistake, as you would never make a petty little mistake like that...... by the way, it's "lite" bead of silicone, not light!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #106
markpetersonii
Sergeant Type

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnie the Goat...View Post
This 'shop' was on here a while back trying to pimp their ugly ricer bullshit, and I showed them the door.

Orly? I tried searching for their stuff but, found nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYGOAT...View Post
well OP, has the "designer" even seen this info or has anything to say about direction?

Yes, I linked him to the thread and once I get home and on my computer, I'll post what he said in the email. Basically, he wants to do something different though, something that isn't exactly like something else out there.

I respect the originality and honestly, I'm just trying to help out a small business trying to do something for our community.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #107
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpetersonii...View Post
Orly? I tried searching for their stuff but, found nothing...

Yes, I linked him to the thread and once I get home and on my computer, I'll post what he said in the email. Basically, he wants to do something different though, something that isn't exactly like something else out there.

I respect the originality and honestly, I'm just trying to help out a small business trying to do something for our community.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

as cool as the HSV kit is, i would like to see something different can't wait to see what they come up with
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #108
steamwalker
Goatlove

2006 GTO Owner

Would like to see something that incorporates fog lights.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #109
RACKY 427

Premium Member

Being an AUSSIE, it would come as no surprize that i like the HSV GTO and GTS bodykits, but from what i can see and tell from the few weeks i have been on this site, you guys are very passionate about your Pontiac GTO's, and i'm sure if someone put some real thought into designing a quality eye catching product, one that says i'm not just any GTO, i'm the next step up, they would sell like hot cakes, as the HSV coupes compared to just the run of the mill monaro's do in Aus.... but the secret is quality, has to flow with the basic shape of car..... and most of all say, i'm American!!! Why Pontiac did'nt do this in the first place is bloody madness.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #110
GTOFBOD

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Being an AUSSIE, it would come as no surprize that i like the HSV GTO and GTS bodykits, but from what i can see and tell from the few weeks i have been on this site, you guys are very passionate about your Pontiac GTO's, and i'm sure if someone put some real thought into designing a quality eye catching product, one that says i'm not just any GTO, i'm the next step up, they would sell like hot cakes, as the HSV coupes compared to just the run of the mill monaro's do in Aus.... but the secret is quality, has to flow with the basic shape of car..... and most of all say, i'm American!!! Why Pontiac did'nt do this in the first place is bloody madness.

+1
Old 12-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #111
TheSpence
Is it summer yet?

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to TheSpence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills77...View Post
sort of like this?

Close, very close. The lines and the kidney grills just look a little off. And that stupid license plate indent really makes me squirm.

I just want an OEM looking compromise that doesn't force me to make my car a Monaro conversion. Not that it doesn't look good, I've just invested in the Pontiac idea and don't want to change gears (or reupholster my seats, hehe).

Mods
VMR v710 18" SOLAR RAIN w/ Dunlop Direzza Z2 tires
Pedders GTO Justice Kit w/ SuperCar Coilovers & Sways
SvedeSpeed OTRCAI
Bohnman LED Cluster, HVAC, switches & door sills
Interior/Exterior LED conversion
DDM 55w/35w 4500k HIDs
Parking lights rewired as DRL with LED Switchbacks
RedLine Goods custom leather interior items
DBA Rotors - Russel Stainless Brake Lines
Pioneer AVR-X8500BHS 7" Touch Screen Head Unit w/
Bluetooth, SiriusXM, & iPhone5 AppRadio Mode
Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #112
CrAzYGOAT
nothing witty today

2004 GTO Owner

and most kits don't pay attention to how the lines flow through the side skirts... that always irked me.

if you want to maximize your sales then make something that will also work by themselves... like if someone just wanted the front bumper.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2004-Pontiac-GTO-Red-Side.jpg (77.2 KB, 587 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #113
REBinc
half intelligent for a FIB

2006 GTO Owner

Everyone wants a cheap knock-off HSV kit, yet everyone rags on [i guess we can't say the name] and Pacesetters, what do you think the difference would be here?

Build some new, but don't let it look like shit.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #114
01SS346

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:

This
04 PBM M6 GTO - Pedders XA's/All Bushings/Ported 5.3L Heads/Ed Curtis Custom Cam/Kooks 1 7/8ths headers No cats/Magnaflow Exhaust/Volant CAI/4.10 Gears with Harrop Cover and Harrop LSD/G Force DS with Billet Yoke/42Lbs Injectors/Chrome 18's (OEM)/06 Brake Conversion/Limo Tint/Eclipse Nav system/HID Low and Fogs/SAP Front and Rear bumper/SAP Grills/Spoiler Delete
Old 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #115
Realizer
Dat...Ass....

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBinc...View Post
Everyone wants a cheap knock-off HSV kit, yet everyone rags on 0BX and Pacesetters, what do you think the difference would be here?

Build some new, but don't let it look like shit.

Werd...
I had more fun with my 3.91s than I did with my pecker during the same period of time. Just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrp...View Post
Maybe its just me but personally I think you are full of shit.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #116
prdgyair
mike D

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh4GTO...View Post
Spoiler yes. Front bumper is way to open and ricey. Get the guy a picture of the HSV front bumper and get him to replicate it. People will eat that up, including myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87LC2...View Post
This front bumper with the license plate recess filled.

^^this! loose the plate notch on the second one and it's a winner! i don't dislike either of the pieces he's designed, but i don't like them enough to pay money for them!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #117
xviperx26

2004 GTO Owner

THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

2004 YJ Procharged M6 - 47K miles
580/540 RW Dr. Phil SD
Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #118
87LC2
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

This:
jk
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #119
markpetersonii
Sergeant Type

2004 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to markpetersonii
So, I went to his shop today ad checked out what he had to offer. The intentions are really good for the actual building of this kit.

A copy of the HSV kit isn't going to happen. No matter how you dice it, the GTO/Monaro community needs something DIFFERENT and AFFORDABLE for everyone. You guys don't realize that this could open doors to him for the Aussies, British and Americans.

Why make a HSV replica kit when it already exists? Aussies and the British are more than likely not going to buy that, since it already exists for them which would make it a kit for the US only. This world is about money and opportunism. He's going to make a kit that is not like anything else and is original.

Some may like it, some may not. Its all personal preference, as you can tell by reading through, everyone has a different view.

Anyway, back to the kit. He did read through this whole thread and has stated that he does want to change the kit as well, not too much but, different.

He did some sketches on a blank bumper of some different ideas, here they are so you guys can pick what you like the best.

Original:

How the spoiler would line up on the car:

The sketches:

My personal favorite:

More:

And a blank one, if anyone has any other ideas:

Old 12-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #120
EDISKRAD EHT
Back to Blown

2005 GTO Owner

To work with this crew, it'd have to be subtle, clean, and OEM looking.

No F&F, or NFS shit here.

(Previous) Maggie setup = 551RWHP/536RWTQ
(Current) Procharger F1A / 385 LS2 : 696RWHP/641RWTQ, MOAR timing + MOAR boost = ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: