06 IBM CCW Photoshoot - Page 2 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #31
Oh4GTO
dum dum dum dum dudum

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Oh4GTO
Your the one that stated you need optimum conditions for the car to appear perfect. I stated that real paint does not. So obviously this stuff isn't as perfect as some claim it to be. The imperfections are clearly circled in the pictures. You can see streaks of this stuff and its most visible on the rear quarter. Please tell me that you at least notice that and that you are not completely blind.

LS3 longblock, LS9 cam, LS9 headgaskets, NW 90mm, APS 5psi = 610 RWHP / 578 RWTQ
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #32
Spooky_pitboss
F Wisconsin weather in the A

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Spooky_pitboss
Seriously, some of you ladies need to chill the smurf out...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #33
Oh4GTO
dum dum dum dum dudum

2004 GTO Owner

if we did, what else would there be to do?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #34
Spooky_pitboss
F Wisconsin weather in the A

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Spooky_pitboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh4GTO...View Post

touché
Old 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #35
Jay06GTO
SLO GTO

2006 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Jay06GTO
Quote:
Your the one that stated you need optimum conditions for the car to appear perfect. I stated that real paint does not. So obviously this stuff isn't as perfect as some claim it to be. The imperfections are clearly circled in the pictures. You can see streaks of this stuff and its most visible on the rear quarter. Please tell me that you at least notice that and that you are not completely blind.

You need optimum conditions to make ANY car appear perfect, along with some proper prosessing as well. Pictures will never do anything justice, plain and simple. It's hard for me to get a valid point across with the pure hatrid of plastidip. I don't know who claimed it to be perfect, but I certainly never said that and never will.

But, you cannot CLEARLY see any streaks on this car and I have put 2 pictures below of the same spots that were circled earlier. These photos are under a very very HARSH flourescent lighting, which will show ANY imperfections on any color, whether it be matte or not. In regards to the photoshoot, there were multiple filters used on these shots to obtain a certain "look" in order to try and get the car to stand out compared to the background. That's very difficult to acheive with a flat color and due to the processing and possibly using some fill light on the car to give it a "sun reflecting look," some spots may seem streaky or blotchy. But, I can assure you, they're not. I look at the car everyday and if I felt as if the car wasn't close to perfectly done, I definitely wouldn't post it up.

Also, pictures are distorted via the way I post/upload them, so with file size being taken away, it doesn't help, and pictures via the web will deteriorate over time.

Sorry that the pictures came out sideways, but these are off of an Iphone. You can clearly see that the light gives the matte color multiple effects and there are no visible streaks. I tried to get the best angle where if there were any, you'd be able to see them.

2006 Plastidip Matte Black GTO
Full Exhaust/Cam/CCW/Plastidip
635/594 10.27 @ 141
Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #36
Jay06GTO
SLO GTO

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_pitboss...View Post
Seriously, some of you ladies need to chill the smurf out...

Quote:

This is true. lol!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
EDZGTO
Them Freaky Girls!!!

2005 GTO Owner

*Still waiting for IBM CCW Photo Shoot* LoL j.k

PB: 12/1/13
12.3 @ 113
1.8 60Ft
Fastest MPH 115
Atco Raceway

Quote:
Originally Posted by klpossinger...View Post
"Driven' Hard..Not Hardly Driven'"

It's pretty sad when your "Car Family" cares more about you than your "Real Family"

2005 IBM M6
Mods??? What Mods???
Old 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #38
6oh-goat
04 M6

2004 GTO Owner

Don't listen to the haters, the car looks awesome.. love the Matte black.. Just out of curiosity how much does it cost to Plasti-dip a whole car?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #39
SpiceGto

Wow nice pics. I dont really like flat black on these cars but yours pulls off the look, i dig it
Any suggestions? May use left a gerber under there n my dad rushed me out to go for a druve

Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #40
Oh4GTO
dum dum dum dum dudum

2004 GTO Owner

I can see what your saying with the filters and the picture resolution being changed after being uploaded. That would effect a slightly textured surface. I think you had it on long enough. Your really pushing the "just a test" phase If you decide to do it for real, contact me and I'll give you some tips my painter and I learned along the way.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #41
EddieZ999
EddieZ

2006 GTO Owner

Hehe, I guess it's time for me to chime in here. First off, like I was telling Jay when I did the car, I think one of the reasons people hate on Plasti Dip is because they feel like they would be jumping on a bandwagon along with many others and God forbid we wouldn't want to do that.

Jay's car is actually probably 97% flawless. It is near impossible to get a Dip job 100% perfect, unless a lot more time and money were spent. The reason this stuff is great is because it is not expensive and can be done in a relatively short time with outstanding results. I will state that I'm good, but there is certainly always room to get better at a craft. I've been Plasti Dipping for only about 8 months and I get better with each car I do. I did his car in a garage that wasn't exactly ideal for painting, and it came out damn good. I am actually moving into my own shop this week and will have access to a professional paint booth.

I had completely redone the rear end of his car because I had missed a couple spots in the license plate area. I had to blend it in to the rear panels. Those streaks you see are most likely the way the light was hitting it or my blending wasn't perfect. Like I said, there is a learning curve to everything. Nonetheless, it is not noticeable in person from what I saw, and can easily be fixed if it was.

But, the thing to always remember, if it is inexpensive, effective, great looking, and a growing trend........For the love of God don't jump on the wagon!!!
Here's mine...

***BTW, those shots look absolutely amazing Jay!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4098.jpg (156.7 KB, 232 views)
"Yasmine"- Cammed, Full MagnaFlow, X-pipes, GMM(Race) Ripshifter, Firecore50 wires, BP catch can, K&N CAI, PS LT's, BMR strut brace, Ported/Polished TB, LMR Tune, Lovells 0 drop springs, Lovells strut mounts/bushings/endlinks. 19x8.5 St-7's, 50w 6000k lows, Limo tint, Blue LED swap, W-T Splitter, Fleabay spoiler, Boss BV9386NV, Pioneer 3 ways, Kicker coaxials, 2 Crunch amps, 10" Pyle Bass Tube.
"She may be black & blue, but I swear I don't abuse her"
WWW.EZMOBILEDETAILING.COM
Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #42
6PntHo

2006 GTO Owner

Looks good man, the ccws pull it off so good.

04 Cosmos... 1 of 377... 347- H/C. Have to pull the motor again.

06 BOM 1 of 340... Engine less.
346/357... 13.1@106
Revised 402 coming soon... Better heads, bigger cam and some spray...
Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #43
Jay06GTO
SLO GTO

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDZGTO...View Post
*Still waiting for IBM CCW Photo Shoot* LoL j.k

Lulz. Hopefully there will be one soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oh-goat...View Post
Don't listen to the haters, the car looks awesome.. love the Matte black.. Just out of curiosity how much does it cost to Plasti-dip a whole car?

Thanks! Honestly, I couldn't give you an exact price. It depends on what you want and the amount of labor of course. EddieZ999 did mine for me and I'm sure if you had any questions about it, he could answer them for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceGto...View Post
Wow nice pics. I dont really like flat black on these cars but yours pulls off the look, i dig it

It's all in the wheels honestly. I wouldn't have done it without a polished wheel of my choice.

Quote:
I can see what your saying with the filters and the picture resolution being changed after being uploaded. That would effect a slightly textured surface. I think you had it on long enough. Your really pushing the "just a test" phase If you decide to do it for real, contact me and I'll give you some tips my painter and I learned along the way.

It is certainly just a cover up. If some of you saw the passenger side of my car and the front bumper, you'd probably It's actaully quite embarassing and I hated looking at it day in and day out. I don't think I could ever make this permanent. I certainly miss the IBM, the gloss, and definitely a clear coat lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieZ999...View Post
Hehe, I guess it's time for me to chime in here. First off, like I was telling Jay when I did the car, I think one of the reasons people hate on Plasti Dip is because they feel like they would be jumping on a bandwagon along with many others and God forbid we wouldn't want to do that.

Jay's car is actually probably 97% flawless. It is near impossible to get a Dip job 100% perfect, unless a lot more time and money were spent. The reason this stuff is great is because it is not expensive and can be done in a relatively short time with outstanding results. I will state that I'm good, but there is certainly always room to get better at a craft. I've been Plasti Dipping for only about 8 months and I get better with each car I do. I did his car in a garage that wasn't exactly ideal for painting, and it came out damn good. I am actually moving into my own shop this week and will have access to a professional paint booth.

I had completely redone the rear end of his car because I had missed a couple spots in the license plate area. I had to blend it in to the rear panels. Those streaks you see are most likely the way the light was hitting it or my blending wasn't perfect. Like I said, there is a learning curve to everything. Nonetheless, it is not noticeable in person from what I saw, and can easily be fixed if it was.

But, the thing to always remember, if it is inexpensive, effective, great looking, and a growing trend........For the love of God don't jump on the wagon!!!
Here's mine...

***BTW, those shots look absolutely amazing Jay!!!!!!

+1. Thanks, Eddie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6PntHo...View Post
Looks good man, the ccws pull it off so good.

Thank you, sir!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #44
Ehrgeiz X
Leading cause of missing 3rd

2004 GTO Owner

Darth Vader called... He wants his car back, haha. Nice photos, man. Goats look so good in flat black, and the best part is when you get sick of it, you peel it off and pick out your next color! Do I want to know how much you paid for all that plasti dip?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2004 IBM M6 Cavalier SS
Svede. Pacesetter LT's, Spintech R221's. Pedders/Lovells holding up the rear. NT05R's on her feet. Tuned by Chuck Anders
350/360 on a hot day
1 of 478
LSX Reapers' token '04 Goat
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #45
NA$TY-TA

Jay car looks great Man. Did you polish the wheels the way we talked about?

They look awesome.

What camera was used and what lenses??

I really need to clean mine now and snap some pic's. I need to work on my camera skill's

Kyle