• Urethane Engine Mounts • - Page 2 - LS1GTO.com Forums

Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > LS1/LS2 Engine Tech

Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #31
87LC2
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

The only time I notice the mounts is if I lug off the line and let the rpms drop to below 500 rpm in gear. Like never.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #32
mikew

2006 GTO Owner

That is awesome. In my supercharged si at idle and taking off from first it was quite annoying how loud the inside was. Lots of vibration.

Since you say these are as quiet as stock almost and are very functional this is my next mod after my build is done.
iat relocate, vararam Cai, coated kooks LT's w/ catted mids, spintech 2.5 stainless catback, Fast 102 and ported TB, slp 25% underdrive pulley,Full lovells suspension + rr bushings, lovells rear diff insert, Rota p45's 18x8F 18x9.5R, dunlop star specs 235/275 staggered.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #33
Solid_Goat

2006 GTO Owner

Installed mine today and love um. One question tho after I finished, I was under the car just double checking everything. I noticed that there is a small gap around the outer edge of the mounts. Is this normal? The car feels great while driving and at idle. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?
Kooks 1 7/8, SLP LM 1 exhaust, TSP 228R, Fast 102, 100 mm LPE MAF, NW throttle body, SvedeSpeed CAI, Yella Terra's, 0 drop pedders rear springs, TP Adjustable Master Cylinder, B&M Short Shifter, 19" TSW Jarama FT 235/ RR 265. Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports 430 rwhp/ 402 torque.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #34
mike27408
MotorWrecker

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Goat...View Post
Installed mine today and love um. One question tho after I finished, I was under the car just double checking everything. I noticed that there is a small gap around the outer edge of the mounts. Is this normal? The car feels great while driving and at idle. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

I didnt on mine...working great...Love them...maybe HSC can work on a trans mount in the future(hint hint)
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #35
Big Tex
Seeking additional traction..

2005 GTO Owner

Did a set of standard heights on a buddy's A4 Goat this past weekend. Did like most said for the install and after the apprehension of jacking the motor up it wasn't bad using all hand tools.
1 - Put the front on stands, chocked the rear tires. Remove skid plate. Jack the motor up on the oil pan with 2-2x4's and floor jack. Didn't have a 4x4.
2 - Driver's side pulled from the top - Broke the two mount bolts loose before removing the three bolts on the motor plate. Accomplished this with a swivel joint for the middle bolt which was a pain but it came out eventually. That is a tight area in the plate for that bolt. An air ratchet would have made short work of this but I don't have one.
3 - Next, figure the magic combination out to lift the mount/bushing out and reverse that to install new one. (hindsight would say jack the motor up more but we were doing as little as possible) It lined back up pretty easy.
4 - Passenger side removal was from the bottom. Had to jack the motor up more than with the driver's side which made us nervous. Went slow until we had enough clearance. Didn't go so high as to remove the strut tower bar but we did have to unpop the trans dipstick and the metal tube came to just under the weather stripping with the dipstick just sitting in there loose.
5 - Tighter clearance on the pasenger side but it actually was faster than the driver's side. Swap the mounts real quick and lower it back down with the shields in place.
I think it took a couple of hours due the fact we looked at it more than actually turning wrenches. We had to make a run to the autoparts store to pick up a 18mm deepwell for the lower bushing/mount bolts. A regular socket wouldn't fit and my set conveniently skipped that size. For the top engine mount nut I used three extensions (since I didn't have a long one) and went straight down between the first two header tubes to tighten it. He has SLPs, not sure how different it would be with stock manifolds. Now that I have done it, figure it would take about an hour or less.
So driver out the top, passenger from the bottom. No crossmember/front cradle moves required, just jacking the motor up. There wasn't an airbox in the way; had a Vararam on it.
The car responds faster, the power transfer is instant. I'll be doing this soon too.

'05 M6- D-1SC / AES 390 / Tick Lvl 4 trans and MC / Centerforce DYAD / GForce1320 9" and coilover kit / Strange S-Trac / Kooks / BC 8K fronts / VMR V718s / Nitto NT05
'06 A4- 419/386. Volant/FAST 92/SLP LTs/Magnaflow CB/DBA/Hawk/ATI Stall/Pedders Xa/Energy Suspension/DMH//G-Force *SOLD*
Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #36
mike27408
MotorWrecker

2005 GTO Owner

thats exactly how i did mine...pulled mount and mount bracket...no need to touch cradle
Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #37
Ret NYCPD
2/23/2007 = 11.058@126.22

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth@HSC...View Post
Interlocking Urethane Engine Mounts for the Pontiac GTO & Corvette C5/C6

Urethane Engine Mounts GTO/C5/C6
OEM Standard Height

These MM should be arriving sometime today (Wed 12/19). Depending on the time, possible installed as well. They will be replacing the Noltec (new design) Motor Mounts which I received/installed 03/2008. Installer believes the Noltec's are shot.

Question before installing your MM ..... have the SCSS Trans Mount installed (03/2011), and understand it's oem height. Will there be any compatibity issue between your oem height MM, and the SCSS TM?

Failed to consider any compatibility issue before placing order.

Update... install completed...installer didn't believe there would be any compatibility issue.

Last edited by Ret NYCPD; 12-19-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Update w/pics-info
Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #38
AdamsGTO

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

I just got a set of these today from my wonderful girlfriend and installed them tonight.. WOW this is one of the best mods I have ever done! They make the car shift like a dream and everything feel so much more connected and the power transfer is instant with no sloppy feeling in the drivetrain anymore.. If your one the fence about getting these just do it you'll be impressed. Btw my car only has 14,500 miles on it and they made that big of difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: