Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Appearance/Detailing

Old 12-25-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
06BOM6
MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Trunk plugs and touch up paint

Hey everyone. So I recently took my stock spoiler off. As many, it's gonna be a while before I get it professionally done and I just really hate the way it looks with it on so I want to keep it off. I'm havin trouble locating rubber or poly plugs locally to fill the holes. Also, local paint is stupid expensive.

Here's my questions: Im looking for a place online that sells the plugs I need and the touch up paint I need. I'm a BOM if you can't tell and I have the paint code written down. I've found some stuff online in different posts, but the places listed in those posts either don't exist now or don't get specific enough. And for the paint, I've found several places online but I'd like to order from the places others have had good luck with before spending money on crap.

Any info y'all have I'd appreciate. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Horsepower numbers are just like dick measuring contests. Sure, one guy gets the trophy for having the biggest dick, but it is bulky and his pants don't fit too well, it always dunks into the water when he sits on the toilet, and women find it to be rather uncomfortable during sex so they make him stop, and one day he will realize that all he has is a trophy for ultimately having an otherwise useless penis.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Doug-04PBM

2004 GTO Owner

I got my plugs at Lowes.. I can't remember the exact sizes but I'm sure there somewhere on here. And for paint... I had extremely good luck with Duplicolor but I'm PBM. I'm sure BOM is a bitch to match up. Duplicolor is at oreillys, auto zone etc. have you checked in those places?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
slammin86
...brah

2004 GTO Owner

My plugs came from ACE I believe. They were the capplug brand.

Tough up paint came from local pontiac dealer.
10.9 @ 132 w/ 1.8 60 HAHALOL

99 Civic SI
Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #4
Hockeyman
"I wish Cotton was a Monkey!"

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

If I remember correctly, you'll need four 1/4" plugs, and one 3/4" plug. I have about 20 of them in my garage. I bought them in hopes of painting them for other people, but the demand never really got off of the ground because people would rather have them filled professionally. In which, I agree.

You can get a spraycan of your paint from automotivetouchup[dot]com. I purchased a quart of BOM paint from them last summer and the match was spot-on!
You'll need a can of clearcoat too.

When I painted the plugs a while back, I'd first sand them -because of two reasons:
First, they had a slightly rough texture and I'd smooth them out.
Second, they were slightly "domed" and sanding the center would flatten them out and help them blend in better with the surface of the trunk.

Just verify your paint code; 66U/WA347N
Old 12-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Rod Run
Likes tan lines

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BOM6...View Post
Hey everyone. So I recently took my stock spoiler off. As many, it's gonna be a while before I get it professionally done and I just really hate the way it looks with it on so I want to keep it off. I'm havin trouble locating rubber or poly plugs locally to fill the holes. Also, local paint is stupid expensive.

I've found several places online but I'd like to order from the places others have had good luck with before spending money on crap.

If your buying plugs instead of getting the holes filled, you're already spending money on crap. LOL!!!

Seriously though, if you aren't able to get them filled properly for a while, then you really shouldn't be doing it at all.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Spooky_pitboss
F Wisconsin weather in the A

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to Spooky_pitboss
Get the sticker overlays from Grafxwerks.com They look the best as they blend pretty well, and are already your car's color. I use them when I get in a spoilerless mood for a week or so lol. They're like $12 I believe. Takes a little bit to get them as they come out of Canada, but not too bad.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
06BOM6
MIATA MIATA MIATA MIATA

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run...View Post
If your buying plugs instead of getting the holes filled, you're already spending money on crap. LOL!!!

Seriously though, if you aren't able to get them filled properly for a while, then you really shouldn't be doing it at all.

Yeah yeah yeah I know haha. But I really hate the way the stock spoiler looks. I'd rather deal with the look of some plugs over the look of the spoiler.

And for the sticker idea, they dont have BOM Would have been sweet tho. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by 06BOM6; 12-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #8
Siliev

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_pitboss...View Post
Get the sticker overlays from Grafxwerks.com They look the best as they blend pretty well, and are already your car's color. I use them when I get in a spoilerless mood for a week or so lol. They're like $12 I believe. Takes a little bit to get them as they come out of Canada, but not too bad.

I've always wanted to go spoilerless too and I would go with plugs or stickers in case I change my mind a few weeks later.. I think that's smart. As long as its sealed well why should you get it professionally filled.. ya you can see the plugs but only if looking at the car from up close.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
KCGOAT
R.I.P PMD

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_pitboss...View Post

This ^^^^^ is what I did as well. Spooky is correct - it does take a week or so to ship, but works just fine. I put mine on with the intent on filling the holes and repainting the decklid, but the product is solid, matches well, and mine has never leaked. This will work well for you until you are ready to take the next step. If I remember correctly, the whole deal with shipping was around $25 three years ago.
2005 Torrid Red M6 ~ Widened OEM 18's | SVEDE | FTI SS TQ | GMM Street | Pedders XA | Kooks SS | Gentex | G-Force half shafts | Corsa | JHP gauges & door lock kit | Aeroforce | Pedders & Lovells bushings and sway bar | Ported intake & TB | DBA slotted rotors & Hawk pads | Russell lines | Monster Level II |Replica Auto X grills | painted rear insert | '06 tails |spoiler delete | BMR strut brace & skid plate |

417 RWHP / 401 RWTQ ~ tuning by Keith McCord

]
Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
high school goat
Retarded Spark

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to high school goat
welded>stickers>plugs IMO
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: