Vendors

Go Back   LS1GTO.com Forums > GTO Tech > Tech Lounge

Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #31
06BOM6
Mmm BOM

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Post link to the car

Like I said before. It's really based on your market. Cash is always king. But to finance a car isn't the end of the world. So don't let everyone discourage you.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Horsepower numbers are just like dick measuring contests. Sure, one guy gets the trophy for having the biggest dick, but it is bulky and his pants don't fit too well, it always dunks into the water when he sits on the toilet, and women find it to be rather uncomfortable during sex so they make him stop, and one day he will realize that all he has is a trophy for ultimately having an otherwise useless penis.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #32
mjdxtreme

2006 GTO Owner

Here are some links to the car
http://www.lvmotorcars.com/2006-Pont...7/Details.aspx
http://modules02.dealercarsearch.com...spx?id=2523377
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #33
06BOM6
Mmm BOM

2006 GTO Owner

Premium Member

Looks clean. I don't really care for QSM but otherwise it looks good. It's got 16k less miles than mine and asking price is the same.

If you like it and want it, I say why not. Just make sure its, in the end, not more than you want to or feel comfortable with paying. It's worth as much as you'll pay.

And in the long run, if you keep a decent amount of miles I, unlike the other guy posting and like a good amount of people, think in the long run these cars will appreciate. Some have already seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #34
Audacious Nick
Savannah Katz!

2004 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdxtreme...View Post
Just to be clear I am looking at the 06 silver m6 with 32k miles. Blue book on this vehicle is 18900 for nada and just under 20000 with kbb. So based on that information the vehicle is right in line with pricing. Also kbb private party says the car should be 17500 from a private party. With that being said and looking at the numbers it is a great bargain no but it shows the car is priced right in line with nada and kbb. This is not a need for the car it is that I want to get back into another GTO and they are getting hard to come by. There are currently only 5 manuel GTO's at auction and 3 have been wrecked.

I can also tell you that the dealer is into the vehicle for about 17500 or so. He bought it at auction for 16500 out of state so he had shipping costs, plus added a new spoiler onto it, oil and detail. So he has about 2500 mark up on the car.

Are you the dealer or the buyer? Who cares what he paid for it? If he's asking too much, it's not going to sell. And honestly, for as much as he is asking for that thing, I wouldn't buy it.
I have a QSM, and for that money, I wouldn't buy it. I'd look for one of the prettier colors.
Took me a few seconds on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...item2326d62cca
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-LE...item20ce759cea

Mods:
  • Not Stock mufflers
  • Not stock Spark Plugs
  • Not stock Headers
  • Not stock bushings
  • Not stock shocks
  • Not stock tune
  • Not stock heads
  • Not stock CAI that produces 9psi
  • Not stock fuel setup
  • Not stock Semen injectors
  • 93 octane fuel
  • fuel pressure gauge
  • Not stock air filter
  • not stock Belts
  • not stock tires

2008 Corvette- The Honda
Stock- 11.718@119.94(this is my car's capability)

Last edited by Audacious Nick; 01-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #35
mjdxtreme

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious Nick...View Post
Are you the dealer or the buyer? Who cares what he paid for it? If he's asking too much, it's not going to sell. And honestly, for as much as he is asking for that thing, I wouldn't buy it.
I have a QSM, and for that money, I wouldn't buy it. I'd look for one of the prettier colors.
Took me a few seconds on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...item2326d62cca
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-LE...item20ce759cea

Just to make you aware the prices on both of those are in the area of the one that I am looking at. The first one has a buy it now price of 22k+ and is currently listed on the dealers website for over 24k+ the reserve has not been met at the current bit and i can assure you that the reserve is going to be at atlease 20k+.

The second link you posted is actually right at the sales price of the one I am looking at. As the one I am looking at has a list price of $19995 but with sales tax and all the extra fees it puts me at about 22k out the door.

Here is what autotrader lists as what is currently for sale all across the US. As I am looking for an 05 or 06 in a manual trasmission. This shows that the sales price is right in line with what is out there across the US.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...erivedpriceASC

I have made on offer on the 06 QSM m6 with 32k mile and I will know tomorrow if he is willing to accept my offer. If he accepts my offer I will have it next weekend.

Last edited by mjdxtreme; 01-06-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #36
Audacious Nick
Savannah Katz!

2004 GTO Owner

Well the first one I listed had only 5,000 miles and is 22,5 buy it now. Right on your price range, with 27,000 miles less.
The second is in your price range with similar miles, but has a more rare color.

Again, for the price he is asking, you're getting ripped off. What he paid at auction is closer to the price that I'd pay for that goat. No $22,500.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #37
mjdxtreme

2006 GTO Owner

I dont understand how you can say that I am getting ripped off when you are posting like priced vehicles with like miles just different colors. That is telling you where the market is at for these vehicles. If you want one with under 40k miles you are going to have to pay about 20k for them. Just look at Carmax, Autotrader, and even on craigslist. When I bought my 06 GTO brand new I origionally wanted the QSM and was unable to find one so I went with my second choice the Cyclone Grey. Now that I am getting back into one I am going to make sure that I get the color I want without having 60-70000+ miles. Based on my research this is a decent deal. If I were to purchase one out of state when I get it back to vegas to get it registered they are going to hit me up for the 8.1% sales tax anyway.

So hypothetically if I find one out of state for say 17500 with the same miles and everything I could have $250-$500 into shipping it or picking it up plus when I go to register it I will be hit with the sales tax of $1425, plus any additional doc and title fees so I will be into the vehicle for at least $19000. To me it is not worth all the extra hassle.

This is a WANT purchase not a NEED that I have and I am going to make sure that I get one in the color and that has low miles that I want. If I have to pay a grand more to make sure I get what I want I am ok with that. If my offer is accepted I will have pictures posted up next weekend.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #38
bluekey
Looking for another one

Quote:
I found an 06 silver on black GTO, 6 speed, with kooks headers, borla cat back exhaust and a volant intake. 32,000 miles with the interior in great condition and the exterior has a few minor blemishes. A ding on the rear bumper, and a shirt button sized chip on the front drivers quarter pannel that has been touched up, it also has normal front bumper rash from driving it. The place is asking $19995. I would like your advice on if you think it is worth it. I have tried to negotiate him down but he is very firm on his price. At the price he is asking he is willing to give me a 4 year 48k warranty and my out the door price would be like $23500. Without the warranty I am looking at $21900 out the door. Please tell me what your thought are and if you would make the deal??

I am almost in your shoes, just looking at both 04 and 06 examples. Seems like low miles are one of the biggest selling points for these cars.

I think something like this should be 20k OTD. MAX.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #39
mjdxtreme

2006 GTO Owner

Well I am back in a GTO. I pick it up earlier today. Ill try to get some pictures up this weekend if I can get them loaded to my computer. I just could not pass up the car. It is in really clean condition and I was able to get him to repair the holes in the front bumper where others had put a plate on. Very pleased with the purchase and had the biggest grin on my face when I drove it home. 06 QSM with black interior, in a manual transmission, 31700 miles, kooks headers, borla cat back exhaust, and volant intake. I went through it with a fine tooth comb and I thing I taught the guy I bought it from a lot about the GTO's. Especially the problem areas to look for if he try to buy and sell any more.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #40
high school goat
Retarded Spark

2004 GTO Owner

Send a message via AIM to high school goat
Quote:
Well I am back in a GTO. I pick it up earlier today. Ill try to get some pictures up this weekend if I can get them loaded to my computer. I just could not pass up the car. It is in really clean condition and I was able to get him to repair the holes in the front bumper where others had put a plate on. Very pleased with the purchase and had the biggest grin on my face when I drove it home. 06 QSM with black interior, in a manual transmission, 31700 miles, kooks headers, borla cat back exhaust, and volant intake. I went through it with a fine tooth comb and I thing I taught the guy I bought it from a lot about the GTO's. Especially the problem areas to look for if he try to buy and sell any more.

Sounds good now ditch the Volant.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 AM   #41
mjdxtreme

2006 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by high school goat...View Post
Sounds good now ditch the Volant.

What are you suggestions for a replacement?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #42
Audacious Nick
Savannah Katz!

2004 GTO Owner

Svede or a UPP Twin turbo.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #43
theredgoat

2005 GTO Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious Nick...View Post
Svede or a UPP Twin turbo.

twin turbo FTW
Lovells bushings
MGW-P
Vararam
JBA L/Ts with catted mids
SLP LM1 cat back with x pipe
Tuned by Josh @ Spartan performance
Driven everyday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LS1GTO.com Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: